Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIXER/ADVY Imbalance

FIXER/ADVY Imbalance

I dunno wtf is going on .. but Fixers are fricken uber.

Personally my choice would be to balance the classes not by nerfing the fixer but by giving some love to the adventurer.

You pit a lvl 130 fixer against a lvl 170 advy, the fixer will wipe the floor with him every time,

The advy cannot sustain very much dmg.. we got time for one lickwounds.. no way can we cast a full heal in time to help us at all..

and the fixer simply roots you til you die.

debuff wont work cos the fixer just keeps rooting you and hitting you, til you're dead.

...I have no problem with fixers at all, they don't do very much damage and I CAN take a LOT of dmg before dying unless it comes very fast, like from a soldier alpha...You posted whines like this before and everyone tells you it's your breed that's mostly the problem. Nanomage suck. Especially for a combat class...And I thought you used pistols? Why would roots bother you then?

Edit: And having played both professions, Fixers are NOT 'fricken uber'. Maybe in certain situations but definitely not all the time. Even GA fixers.
    Yagyu for life

Roots mean you cannnot get away even long enough to heal.

Fixers are much more powerful then an adventurer.. ANY breed.

I call BS. not all fixers have GA. And yes we can Root. How many other classes can root?

And those of us who do have GA...we have nasty Achilies heel. Any special attack (fling/burst/fullauto/fastattack/brawl etc) cuts right thru us.

Yes thats right.

Just like Traders...we have our weak spots. Everyone has a weak spot (a Enf vs a Agent can be nasty..unless the enf os rooted etc) Lots of variables.

I tire of the "Dont nerf them becasue they are Uber..give us some love!!" crap. The game is more than just brute force combat. Use some tactics a bit. Outhink the other person. If you have a weapon that cant harm them..then get antoher weapon for gods sake.

(oh did I mention that DD nanoformulas and DOT's cut right thru GA also?)

Originally posted by Metalynx
    And those of us who do have GA...we have nasty Achilies heel. Any special attack (fling/burst/fullauto/fastattack/brawl etc) cuts right thru us.

(oh did I mention that DD nanoformulas and DOT's cut right thru GA also?)

Everyone gets hit by special attacks and nukes/dots. GA gives no special vulnerability to this.. its just that those are the only things that can hurt GA users.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

well, Pre 14.6 my good ol buddy Karill was "freckin" uber as heck, ive seen him take out fixers like they were nothing. pit him against a lvl 130 fixer, and the fixer will be turned to stone. Thats meh boy Karill!

dunno if you can break roots in 14.6, but if not, yeah, melee advs do suck against any rooting class =\

Re: FIXER/ADVY Imbalance

nevermind
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

Originally posted by Rebbeca

Everyone gets hit by special attacks and nukes/dots. GA gives no special vulnerability to this.. its just that those are the only things that can hurt GA users.
    Did you see the ACs of grid armor ? Isn't it a "special vulnerability" against specials and nukes ?
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

k

fixers, in particularly GA fixers, are completely godlike to the vast majority of professions in AO. while true they MAY, not necessarily WILL and in most cases arent, defeated by traders or MPs (providing the latter can get off a 9 seec cast time nano shutdown), etc, the vast majority of the remainign populations are just simply shiht outta luck when it comes to PvP vs fixers. an average player vs an average GA fixer has exactly absolute zero chance of defeating him, hiting him at all. then, on to pof that, even if by some weird fluke or miracle they do menage to get a hit through, their dmg is often a lot less then the fixers HoT heals for, thus making it completely pointless anyways (such is currently the case with nearly all MAs and the reason why I cancelled my account).

good luck

Originally posted by Menlas

Did you see the ACs of grid armor ? Isn't it a "special vulnerability" against specials and nukes ?
    GA 4 = 2000 AC

The average pvp'er in MK2 has around 4000 AC or so.
    2000 more AC = 200 less damage per hit

50% dmg in pvp = 100 less damage
    30% reflect = 70 less damage

This is only applied on specials, nukes do not check against AC.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

yawn
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

"Fixers are godlike"

"GA is uber"

Both quotes from noobies that know two things about AO. Jack and ****.

For your information, oh ignorant ones, of the other 12 classes in AO, fights against fixers break down as follows.

4 of the 12 can beat a fixer in GA 90% of the time with ease.

3 have a 50% chance of beating a GA fixer...4 if you're not an advent who's dumb enough to fight a rooting class with melee weapons.

4 Can usually not beat a GA Fixer.

Guess what genius? Seems relatively balanced to me and guess what I have supporting this FACT.... actual experience instead of whining and conjecture.
    Last edited by AnotherFixer; Nov 12th, 2002 at 06:28:22.

Well, Highjack has shown he knows how to insult people, but he hasn't shown any capacity to articulate any coherent relavent information. Thank you.

Well, Highjack has shown he knows how to insult people, but he hasn't shown any capacity to articulate any coherent relavent information. Thank you.
    He seems to be perfectly coherent to me. The only information you've provided yourself is that you can't beat a Fixer in PvP, and another adventurer says that he does fine. Maybe you should take a look at your own character?
    Wolfen.
    AKA Gridwolf. Fixer.
    AKA Beveridge. Engineer.
    AKA Razorstorm. Enforcer.
    AKA Blitzen, Trader.

AKA Stonehand. Martial Artist.
    AKA Nanohive, Nanotechnician.
    AKA Misericorde, Agent.

Fixers fricken uber... heh

I love fixers, especially the blue ones.

*deprive*
    *ransack*
    ka-pow
    You can loot these remains...

If you cannot sustain very much damage, it might just be your character... I can take some abuse as an adventurer...
    Perhaps you should replace that Neleb's with something that actually gives AC, 25 extra hp healing doesn't help when you take 100 more damage each hit

okay let's do just that. any advice is definitely welcome.

I'm a lvl 170 advy nanomage.

i have roughly ql 193 implants in, some slight updating is doable I forsee real soon.

i use ql 180ish ncu's but can go to ql 200s now.

my nano resist is only 600 so that needs work.

my nano init is 1500 but there are no advy offensive nanos like say NT's have.

i use pretty good guns, dual weilding a original electronicum v2 ql 180 and a River Seasons XP ql 200

my run speed is 2500 selfbuffed.

base abilities all breed capped besides sense.

i wear a combination of mk2/and sekutek pants. with what i posted above.

Ive not participated in much arena action simply because I am simply no good at pVp, although when i try to pVp it seems I am greatly overpowered.

I wear the nelebs in teams cos it gives me the BM and MM I need to cast Seed Life team heal. WIthout it Bm and MM are titlecapped until level 190

20 levels and some 500million xp away.

Karanya_
    I think the concept of the original post is a bit silly. Every profession (except perhaps for traders) has other professions they do poorly against.

GA fixers are (generally speaking) pwned by traders, MPs, NT's.. but you don't see fixers posting about fixer/trader imbalance, fixer/MP imbalance, or fixer/NT imbalance.

Yes, the balance in PvP in general is screwy -- no one, except perhaps a trader, has a "fighting chance" against *every* other profession. And that's something I doubt will ever change.

--K

Originally posted by kupomaster
    okay let's do just that. any advice is definitely welcome.

I'm a lvl 170 advy nanomage.

i have roughly ql 193 implants in, some slight updating is doable I forsee real soon.

i use ql 180ish ncu's but can go to ql 200s now.

my nano resist is only 600 so that needs work.

my nano init is 1500 but there are no advy offensive nanos like say NT's have.

i use pretty good guns, dual weilding a original electronicum v2 ql 180 and a River Seasons XP ql 200

my run speed is 2500 selfbuffed.

base abilities all breed capped besides sense.

i wear a combination of mk2/and sekutek pants. with what i posted above.

Ive not participated in much arena action simply because I am simply no good at pVp, although when i try to pVp it seems I am greatly overpowered.
    That gear shows how much of a PvP er you are. You will loose to "every" proffesion who are controlled by veteran PvPers.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Karanya_
    balance in PvP in general is screwy -- no one, except perhaps a trader, has a "fighting chance" against *every* other profession. And that's something I doubt will ever change.

--K

Oh, it'll change, eventually. Just like NTs will be given fixer-killer nano's, some profession will likely get Trader-killer nano's. Also, when NTs resist MC debuffs they're going to be a lot harder to kill for traders.
    Things change all the time.. uber today, gimp tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast