Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT first time PvPer

Originally posted by Nochnaja
    Thanks for the armor-help offer Piercingevil...expect a tell from me. Oh, but please don't gank me on the way in. *cringe*
    I won't. Just meet me in the back of the Tir arena. The far back corner plz. I'm there right now, honest .

Finally someone coming on these boards asking for some help and advice without screaming nerf the entire game cuz they got killed alot .
    Im sure with ur attitude you will learn How to pvp Fast
    Fatcrusher

Yeah fattie, my thought too when I read it, there is hope! Good luck in your (pvp)career Nochnaja!

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

2nd time NT PvPer...this time fun

Hi again,

Thanks for all the encouragement to keep at it. Yesterday my guild (The BlackHand, which my old guild has merged with) headed to 2HO to transfer a clanner to Omni-pol for questioning. Knowing that there might be some clanners around we prepared for combat. This was my second time going into pvp and I was hopeful that my first experience, doing some more thinking, the advice here, and a revamped pvp set of hotkeys would help. Well, it did...especially when combined w/ the 150 lvl limit. There still were enough people for me to fight with and I didn't get nailed by all the vere high lvl clanners who showed up.

Anyway, I was one of the first people on the scene and the first thing I noticed was that even though this was only my 2nd pvp experience, the nervousness of the first time was gone despite being surrounded by 20-30 clanners. It didn't hurt that I was in a good team who kept things very under control. Anyway, we had to pull back and reform and attack again. I made the point of hanging back and trying not to pull attention. Area blinds, area nukes, a little coronet of frost (still haven't managed to get crown) and roots on people who tried to run. It was a great success...I don't think I outright killed anyone like the big tanks up front, but I certainly feel like I helped.

We had a wonderful rumble through the woods of 2HO...my best experience in AO to date. Once we took the town we bunkered down for the certain clan counter attack and I gave HEs out to a bunch of folks and managed to get Mocham's back. Oh yeah! So, I made another hotkey set for when I'm on the Moochies...I actually had EC and VE up and running. I didn't get to use it a ton, but when I did it certainly put some hurt out there. At one point a clanner got inside of us and I think I was the only one to target them...and I took 'em down (a green to me) for my first solo kill. I'm not sure what happened really though...I don't think they shot back at all...perhaps the stun of EC kept them unable to do anything? I ended up taking no damage at all from the encounter...maybe it was a suicide mission, but it still felt kind of good.

Eventually it was announced that the CoA leader had admitted defeat and we formed up for warping and gridding back. The whole thing was a total kick.

I'm not sure I'm ever really going to get into dualing, but the mass stuff was a blast, and I think the new 150 limit made it more fun for me.

So, progress being made....some actual contribution this time and no deaths. Woohoo!
    Nochnaja

Keep safe, and may the clans fear you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12