Thread: idea to help with scammers

Lightbulb idea to help with scammers

the most common way to scam people that i have seen is to post a ref and get someone to buy it, when tehy open trade the buyer pust in money and the scammer puts in a item that looks like whatever they are fake sellin, and hit accept very quickly, therefore the buyer cant shift-click on the item in trade,

i think it would be a good idea to make it possible to shift-click a item in trade even after somoen has hit accept.

Bump for that idea. Maybe even one step further to make it so that you cant take items out of trade window as that is another commom scam.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Hmmm, maybe what we really need is some sort of internal justice system. Scammers will always find ways to exploit the trust others give by default. If they could be brought to account, then you're on the road to getting some control.

It would have to be equitable of course. You'd need an arbitration system that could verify the stories given by either side and make a judgement. (i.e. traceable objects and a message log). If the transaction was found to be fraudulent, then the the objects and money would be exchanged back.

The scammer would be banned.

Cool

Both ideas are good ones. Make it so you cannot remove items from a trade window (you must cancel and re-start the trade to change anything). And make it so you can ID the items after Accept was pressed.

Cheers,
    Martek

a couple wks ago i went to purchase what i thought was a ql170 river seasons xp...

the guy threw in a gun with an identical icon called the river series, hit accept, and ran away.

after i sent him a /tell that i petitioned him for griefing, i got an appology and my credits back.

there should be a judicial system though so that people like that cannot get away with it.

Any judicial action would have to be preformed in-game and managed by the players. Unfortunately there is simply no leverage you can employ at this stage of the game - seeing as most of your time is spent in cozy 100% zones and there are too many players to keep track of to easily blackball them. It's... umm.. Anarchy. It's best to remember what world we game in, and that every man has to watch out for themselves.

Wow, I never made the connection that it worked like this.

Whenever I sell something I *invariably* click "accept" as quickly as possible so as not to cause any unnecessary delay in the process. I wonder how many people I've inadvertently stressed out by doing this... Might also explain why the money is sometimes slow to enter the trade window from their side. Poor guys don't know whether I'm selling them a Manex December or April...

Bump for either suggestion.

Never Click accept till u can see item, if u cannot see it Click Cancel & ask other peep to wait till u can see item in trade & inspect it, then Click Accept if all ok, Same works other way u put yer item in trade & Wait for other peep to Click on accept first then there is no prob`s or fear of a " scam " .

If a peep does scamm u & wont answer to your /tels then spam his/her name on all available shopping/OCC channels telling of his exploits & not to trade with the Scammer.
    Good Manners dont cost anything ( please & Thank you ).
    Use them & u get far.
    Dont use them & expect nothing.