Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metaphys...........NERF THIS

Metaphys...........NERF THIS

Okay the other night im in the tir arena, I see Saltys..(149 Meta) walking up to the arena. I havent fought one since thedeacon wiped the floor with me a few patches back ....btw im a 164 enforcer So we buff up and go in as expected he does curse of cron. and nano shutdown during the battle but i end up defeating him with a sliver of life left.....but to no avail i am SLAIN by his STILL ACTIVE PETS

This is complete BS after the master dies the pets should be rendered completely useless the fact that he can kill me after he dies by this exploit makes me hate pvp so much more

anyone else get hit by this ?

{Moderator: Edited for Language}
    Last edited by FreeARK1; Nov 11th, 2002 at 18:06:12.

Lol thats not an exploit. It's how the game works..

Pets even starts to hit for pvm damage if the MP zones when he dies, gotta love that
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Yah that pisses metas off too. Imagine going LD in a mission's starting room, relogging, and finding that half of your team is dead because your demon went nuts on them while they were unbuffed.

It's happened.

Or how about (this was quite a while ago) going LD and relogging, and your pet is so angry that you left that it attacks and kills you.

It's extremely inconsistent. Most of the time you die, and your pets warp to reclaim with you... but there is the occasional time when the pets stay behind, and when this happens in the arena, it IS extremely lame.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Re: Metaphys...........NERF THIS

Originally posted by Windbane
    Okay the other night im in the tir arena, I see Saltys..(149 Meta) walking up to the arena. I havent fought one since thedeacon wiped the floor with me a few patches back ....btw im a 164 enforcer So we buff up and go in as expected he does curse of cron. and nano shutdown during the battle but i end up defeating him with a sliver of life left.....but to no avail i am SLAIN by his STILL ACTIVE PETS

This is complete BS after the master dies the pets should be rendered completely useless the fact that he can kill me after he dies by this exploit makes me hate pvp so much more

YOU BEST RECOGNIZE F00! 1 @M T3H M1N15T3R 0F D3@TH!!!!

I'm kidding of course
    Man, back before nano resist got fixed I used to eat enforcers alive. Now things are different and once you max and implant nr and get a good rage going, you'd spank me like my mother used to, except without all the french kissing she used to give me. You're a damn good player bro, MPs just took advantage of nano resist not working and we became.....invincible in pvp. Things are WAY different now, trust me on that. Max out nr and make an MP your prison b*tch any day of the week

Dang man, you remind me of the good old days with Jintensity and gang. Jin would beat me so bad he'd have me in tears. Unfortunately unless things get a whole lot better with this game in the next 3 weeks, I'm out the same as jin did. I cancelled my account, then my wife re-activated my account then I cancelled it again, so I'm mostly just hanging out on the boards until things run out.

I think I'll log in deacon tonight and see what the dilly-o is at the old arena. ten bucks and a pizza says you beat my rear easily though!

Hehe about the pets...I kinda like that. it's like revenge from the grave. There was a time when I was petitioning sabyan for harrassment, kill stealing, etc. ARK told me to log my MA back in to see if he does it again. So I log deacon out and my pets stick around. Then dumba** does and aoe nuke which also hits my pet and ten seconds later I get a tell from a laughing ARK saying "Sabyan's dead. Your pet killed him."

That's a bug I hope NEVER goes away
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Nov 11th, 2002 at 22:48:13.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

EEP deac wants to duel me

haha youare messed up talking about your mom that way

besides how can i beat you with your pets squirting healing juice all over the place

EEP deac wants to duel me

haha youare messed up talking about your mom that way

besides how can i beat you with your pets squirting healing juice all over the place
    My mom doesn't mind if I talk that way. She's here right now in her sexy lingerie and sleazy red lipstick (Ill send you pics)

As for my pet's healing juices, if you want juices, all you have to do is ask real sexy like and I'm sure he'll hook you up. He thinks you're cute yknow

Re: Metaphys...........NERF THIS

That is what I mean by the "600 attack rating means their pets never hit in PvP" I have about 800ish evades self buffed and I always get hit by demon (at full defense as well).

Re: Re: Metaphys...........NERF THIS

Originally posted by Piercingevil

That is what I mean by the "600 attack rating means their pets never hit in PvP" I have about 800ish evades self buffed and I always get hit by demon (at full defense as well).
    Trust me, the demon DOES still miss alot, you just don't notice it. Ew, you mean some MPs still use the demon for pvp? no way.

The enmity double hits, so even if it misses a little bit more, it'll more than make up for it with increased frequency of hits.

But that's not what killed Windbane.

I'm even afraid to say this, as I don't want to see a bunch of MPs purposely exploiting this to kill their nemesis...

When the MP logs out, goes LD or dies, their pet becomes a regular mob....This means that with no master, the pet hits at 100%. This only happens when the master is gone (also indicated by the pet changing it's color alignment from orange, blue or white to red, just like any other monster).

I found this out by accident when I logged out my MP when I petitioned sabyan for training and killstealing my MA at claw camp. I figured since my MA was omni, he was doing it for that reason. So I brought deacon there to kill some claws and he continued to killsteal and grief, etc., so I petitioned and the ARK asked me to log the MA back in. The pets remained after I logged so the next time the jerkwad did an aoe nuke, he felt the wrath of an unrestricted pet.

Be forewarned also that once there is no master, your pets can and will attack anyone, regardless of side or level. What happened to Windbane I've seen happen to lvl2s hanging in the arena after the MP gets killed.

One other thing I suspect, but cannot confirm is that once the pet becomes a regular mob, the pet's attack rating raises to be equal to a mob of similar level. Say, in the instance of a cacodemon (which is considered a lvl200 pet), the attack rating would be equal to an ace enforcer. I can't confirm it at all, but I have noticed that the successful hits for a masterless pet is WAAAAAY higher than when the MP is controlling it.

Hehe stop giving them ideas Deac

Heh...

Windbane,

Go full def to start with.
    Cast rage.
    Laugh.
    Cast your best scare nano on the pets.
    Watch the pets run for the lives.
    Laugh.
    Watch the MP try to nuke and debuff you.
    Laugh.
    Kill the MP.
    Laugh? :P

Seriously, go get that NR buff from a doc too. At my lvl i get 1600 Nano resist.

I want to see an MP try to nuke/debuff me.

The key here is the pets, once you scare those away its only the MP left with no healing and no serious dmg.

You got about 50 sec to kill him or you will have to scare pets again. If you cant kill him in 50 sec....eh...heh.

P.S
    Thedeacon how are you, you old goat? :P
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Hey anikiitos! long time no see bro!

Anikiitos is another good pvper that I probably6 only beat due to lag. What he said is absolutely sound advice.

What I normally do in that instance (ma and enforcer scares work too well) is make an emergency macro for pvp scares:

/<attack pet's name> behind
    /<heal pet's name> behind
    /<attack pet's name> guard
    /<heal pet's name> heal

I of course target myself before I hit that. Sometimes I spam it if the pet doesn't respond immediately. The /behind command releases the pet's current "run away" command and gives it new commands. Then the MA or enforcer can't recast their scare again for almost a minute and by that time, I got a sensory improvement dominate and mind quake and probably notum rejection stacked on them. I don't care how high someone got their nano resist, if I keep spamming it, I'm gonna get one through. On full defensive, they still insta cast.

BUT...

The real mp killer is when you resist a stun. if you resist my stun, I'm gonig to die. My nano skills are locked for 10 SECONDS. an MP can get killed in ten seconds. ouch. I love the challenge of a self buffed fight, which means my nanogimp arse has exactly 5,000 hp to work with. Yeah, let's see my crummy heal pet keep me alive then. Heals per minute, belamorte heals for less than a fixer's HOTs.

Our limited hp is why I've fought people when they say "heals should be 50%". That nerf WILL go through eventually, of that I'm absolutely positive, but think what it's going to do to an MP. Not a pretty picture.

Ways to beat an MP as an enforcer:

-Scares. Sure, I'll issue new pet commands, but you got about 4 seconds to dish out unhealed damage to us without either pet getting in the way.

-Rage. Both wrists have run speed implants, I got my 1k board and I run the +30 general buff and my run speed won't go over 1,000 exactly. I'm pretty slow. You'll catch me. Run mongo, rage or whatever BEFORE the ten second countdown. No matter what, I'm going to debuff you at some point. Take that as a given, run that rage/mongo whatever before you throw the first punch and you've got a victory. Hell, run challenger to kill me faster.

Beams and shotties will cut through an MP like butter. The one dark blue evade we have is duck explosions.

Advice for an MP fighting an enforcer:

nuke until one sticks, dominate until one sticks, stun, run, repeat. But with nano resist working, it's easier said than done.

final judgement: these days, Enforcer will win 90% of the time

Hehe stop giving them ideas Deac
    Hehehe, I hope they don't because I'd call that a cheap exploit. Come to think of it, my pet went on a rampage on time after Jintensity killed me. It almost got him too before he put an end to its life.

our demons stay alive as long as attacked, for like 1 min. if you dont mess with em after we are dead, its more like 10 sec. FC tries pitifully to make up for our 5k less hp
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

MP vs anyone in close fight *under 500 or so HP when MP dies* with pets involved = double kill.

Even worse is in tir lag when you cant move and you know that pet is on ya
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

TheDeacon, no. Scare does not mess up your pets for 4 sec. You cannot terminate your pets when they are scared. Thus you cannot recast them. You just have to sit out the whole scare and face the reclaim terminal. Simple as that.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Wha-Ha!
    TheDeacon, no. Scare does not mess up your pets for 4 sec. You cannot terminate your pets when they are scared. Thus you cannot recast them. You just have to sit out the whole scare and face the reclaim terminal. Simple as that.
    Hehe must be bugged then. Always works for me

Jintensity and a couple other MAs tried to scare my pets a few months ago. the second I saw those little bastards try and float away from me I spammed my macro and they were right back on target. Maybe it's bugged, I dunno. Waiting the 40 seconds out would be lame though

scare the pet away with your frighten nano =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast