Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VE overhaul

VE overhaul

Hey everyone... it's been a while. I just wanted to post the updates in regard to Vixen Entertainment. For those who hang out at Rompas on a regular basis.. I'm sure you have noticed a lack of Vixen Members. We are currently in the process of doing a complete overhaul on the guild. We have had many members leave in anticipation of other worlds that will soon be discovered and it turns into an evil cycle... Others see people leave.. and do the same.

<<Couple that with the fact that I got laid off in real life and have been expieriencing ISP problems.. and you have our current state>>

But, never fear... we are almost done with the revamp and soon we will be bringing back the Rompas you love!!! So, keep hanging around folks... you won't be dissapointed.

-Trez
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

/.me waves to Aktrez over in SWG land...

Have fun there!

<< I am not moving there. Vixen will still stay on AO. I will be doing both.>>
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor

Red face .....

((*restraining...direct....comment....must....cont rol...self....*))
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

/me pours Tarryk a beer with a little additive

..Let's see if this loosens his lips, muahaha.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Angry Was the snide remarks really necessary?

Where these snide remarks really necessary? Did you really get any satisfaction or enjoyment out of taking shots at Aktrez? This is just a tad petty...
    AIM - halbert520
    Yahoo - halbert520 (halbert520@yahoo.com)
    MSN - halbert520@hotmail.com
    ICQ - 170257233

Board Member, Vixen Entertainment
    http://www.vixen-ent.com

Join the Rompa Bar/Vixen Entertainment Yahoo Group!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rompabar/join

Where these snide remarks really necessary? Did you really get any satisfaction or enjoyment out of taking shots at Aktrez? This is just a tad petty...
    LOL, mountain out of a molehill, man. I'm taking shots at SWG, not Aktrez. Yes, that's very satisfying.

As for VE, they were awesome when they were on AO. She now plans to juggle the both of them. Yes, I'd have plenty to say about that, but nothing relevant nor anything worthwhile to post publically. As far as you're concerned, I don't care.

Petty: People who jump to conclusions a wee bit too easily, and feel it's their noble duty to post about it.

Read the sig, Hal.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to take my absence from this string before my posting about self-restraint causes people with nothing better to do to riot.
    Last edited by Tarryk; Nov 11th, 2002 at 20:58:02.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Originally posted by Tarryk

As for VE, they were awesome when they were on AO. She now plans to juggle the both of them. Yes, I'd have plenty to say about that, but nothing relevant nor anything worthwhile to post publically. As far as you're concerned, I don't care.
    I don't understand why anyone would say there is something wrong with running a guild in two different games? What business is it of yours what other games Aktrez plays?

Ah so I should stick around to defend my unspoken convictions? Yeah, guess I've got the time.

First off, I apologize for making it seem like I'm ripping on Aktrez, I'm really not. My entire little snipe was directed solely at SWG. If you have a problem with that, please refer to it, not to any problems you apparently wish to see between Aktrez and I.

I don't understand why anyone would say there is something wrong with running a guild in two different games?
    Never said there was until right now:
    Running two different guilds in two different games is easy as cake.

Running two different guilds in two different games with both guilds dedicated to scheduled entertainment, hospitality enterprise, or public relation goes a little beyond dangerously disasterous. Hey, if she can handle it, more power to her (precisely why she's going to try to handle it, I'm sure). But again, I've got nothing against the concept of the attempt. Only the reprocussions that attempt may have on the one game world that _I_ happen to love.

Which will hopefully be nil. *crosses fingers*

What business is it of yours what other games Aktrez plays?
    Never said it is. But since when does ANYone post anything on the roleplaying forums with "gee, I wonder if that's really my business" in mind? As a reprocussive: What business of it is yours to decide the value of my convictions about other games?

/disco
    Last edited by Tarryk; Nov 11th, 2002 at 21:55:03.

My My, how people get bent out of place.

Sadley enough, I was actually congratulating you on your recent sucess in SWG. The fact that some people seem to take that wrong, should'nt be my problem. Perhaps maybe people should not jump so quick to take offence? I think that allot of people in here need to take a step back from the forums and take a damn breath, for everyone seems to take just about everyone's comment wrong.

Then again, if you wish to continue taking my comments wrong, I have no problem with takeing my compliment back and inserting something rather unsavory. Please, Allthough the world is not bright and shiney as we all might want it ot be...not EVERYONE is an *******.

From what I read he is basically saying that he doesn't care what games Aktrez plays. Now on the other hand he may have an opinion of the difficulty in running a guild in two seperate RP environments by the same person. I know I've seen a great many people try and in some cases fail in both, in other cases give up one or the other, and finally in a rare few instances see them both succeed. There is nothing WRONG with running a guild in two places but people are free to voice their opinions of the difficulties and ability to successfully accomplish it.

I have read over Tarryk's post a few times and I miss the part where you see him talking bad of Aktrez playing two games at one time.

As for his original post, I know a large number of people that take shots at SWG on a regular basis, can't say I blame them to be honest. The game is begging for a mass number of Star Wars Uber-Fans that will scream and rant the second something happens that is against what they believe is the way things go and also the mass number of griefers the game will no doubt attract. On the other hand I will be playing it, as well as AO because even with its problems its still a place I like to call home a few hours a day, and I hope it rises above the problems we all see.
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

Well, Halbert may have jumped the gun a bit there... Sorry bout that.

Never meant for this to get so twisted... Just wanted to update people on where I was with Vixen.
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor

That's BS Tyrrak.

Okie. Seems alot of people posted while I was writing this. But since I said it, I'll leave it up. Just edited to prefix it with this comment. Seems there's a bit of miscommunication in this. And nerves are a bit raw right now. So I appologize for jumping the gun.

--Hal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyrrak,

Weither or not you realize it, but sarcasm came through on your first post along with others here. Enough to get Aktrez upset. I didn't just happen across this thread and feel it was my noble duty to post. It was brought to my attention.

"As far as you're concerned, I don't care. "

Thanks alot, man. Your a great DJ and alot of people think highly of you. But that shot was hardly deserving of your reputation. I've had alot of damage control in-game to do this weekend along with the other board members of VE trying to hold things together. Think you and the others here can find it in your hearts to not make my job harder via the replies here on this thread? I've got enough on my problem queue right now to deal with. Don't need anything added.

Would really appreciate being cut a little slack by my fellow members of the entertainment industry.
    --Hal
    Last edited by Halbert; Nov 11th, 2002 at 22:09:30.
    AIM - halbert520
    Yahoo - halbert520 (halbert520@yahoo.com)
    MSN - halbert520@hotmail.com
    ICQ - 170257233

Board Member, Vixen Entertainment
    http://www.vixen-ent.com

Join the Rompa Bar/Vixen Entertainment Yahoo Group!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rompabar/join

Wow, I started reading and could smell the flamewar starting..but then it didn't happen..I love you guys *cries and hugs everyone*
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Breathe deeply, count to ten...

It boils down not to SWG in itself, but to SWG and the players of the AO community.

SWG is going to put a lot of stress on all aspects of the AO community. I don't think it's overreacting for those of us who care about, and are invested in, the AO community to feel threatened by SWG. Many bad things will probably happen to AO's community, at least in the short term, upon SWG's release. Friends will disappear, some guilds will migrate, other guilds will split, and other guilds will just collapse or implode.

It won't happen in one big apocalypse, of course, and new AO players will come - and old AO players will come back - but let's be blunt: SWG is a direct threat to our way of life on Rubi-Ka.

Whether or not SWG will hold on to the people who leave is an entirely different story, and will probably be determined by the nature of the SWG community. If it actually turns out to be Star Wars: Geeks (dewd! I wanna be the Jedi!), or Star Wars: Griefers (transfer players from evercamp), I think a lot of the roleplay/social community from AO will return.

If SWG has a generally positive community environment, then I doubt there will be much reason for the socializer to return to AO, unless and until Funcom implements features that can compete toe-to-toe on the grounds of non-combat advancement and engine support for social interactions. On the other hand, the most serious roleplayers may well return anyway, since the Star Wars universe is, well, rather played out while AO is newer, and richer, in material.

The last note I'll add is that there is a 'wild card' AO has yet to play: Shadowlands. The booster, like its medical namesake, will give AO a needed shot in the arm. But in the end it is Shadowlands that will determine if AO will be competative with SWG.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

People....what?

Just wanted to update people on where I was with Vixen.
    Thanks, 'trez.

people think highly of you.

o.O;

Something must be done about this immediately.

I love you guys *cries and hugs everyone*
    That's it, I'm leaving.

As always Jynne, you are spot on. I think I'll just put "Like Jynne said" in my sig file and save myslef a lot of time and trouble :-)
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Arrow Lights.. Camera.. ACTION!!!

As Rubi-Ka turns -=- TAKE TWO!

And.. ACTION!!!!
    Your motivation your a RPer in a fantasy world....

Hey.. Tarryk, can you disco again? Me missed it.

/me flames Doncarnage.

Ohhhh!!! AND!!

/me Starts a food fight!!!!

TAKE THAT DAMNIT!

~*~
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

*chuckles*

Lots of good points made..

Juggling both will be hard, 'Trez. But you're a big girl, I'm sure you know that by now. Just: Good luck!

Don, you're scaring me.

Tarryk, shush and accept it.(you are highly thought of!)

Thyme, my arse evades you!
    Last edited by sezmra; Nov 11th, 2002 at 23:24:37.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

(laughs quietly)

Ahh thats why I like this place. It isnt called Anarchy for nothing. A place where anything you say..no matter how its said..is taken compleatly out of context and twisted...

People take this too seriously at times. I was under the idea (I guess I was wrong) that were here to have fun. At times sometimes it seems like its not very fun (greifers and such) but like RL which allot fo you try to base theis Game off of (Moralistic crapp and all) things do not turn out the way you wish.

Grow some thicker skin folks. I find it sad that just about any response..form anyone can be construed as either direct critisism or a outright flame.

Perhaps I said this the wrong way in my initial post. I always seem to be sticking both feet on my mouth so heres a retract and rewrite of my original post, one I wasnt able to do becasue I am at work and cant spend time exemporating...

"Good Lukc in your ventures in SWG land Aktrez! Your trying to do something in a game that hasnt come out Live yet and that can be hard. Good luck and dont let i get to you like this horrid place has. Be mellow and learn to not let people get to you. Like AO, SWG is a Game, and ther is no reason that a person should ever get ofended by what ever else anyone else says. Good Luck to your ventures there as well as your Ventures here in AO."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast