Sorry Pat just couldnt resist

Brawl is better than burst tho...

Yeah add stun to burst

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Where's the Hate Thread on Fling? Couldn't find it.

- Z

My lvl 200 MA with max implanted brawl, brawls for around 3.5k max

My lvl 144 fixer without max implanted burst, did a 5.5k burst(no idea if that is max)

Tha damage was on vet mobs

So as alpha burst is alot better and very few fights are long enought so you get 2 brawls in (counting 2ho or Camelot not duels)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Hehe. You just move a way a couple of meters and see if burst/brawl is better. You raise parry and go defensive and see if burst/brawl is better.
    The stun on Brawl is basically the only advantage melee has over ranged in PvP nowadays.

In my humble opinion there should be a ranged equivalent to parry, that completely negates the ranged specials just as parry completely negates melee specials. It's a bit boring when my entire alpha is negated and I can't do anything in all of Rubi-Ka to defend myself against aimed/fling. At least evades matter somewhat against burst/full auto.

Core game mechanics problem (melee vs. ranged) in addition to crit% reduction/multi melee changes makes melee advs and MA's pissy.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    My lvl 144 fixer without max implanted burst, did a 5.5k burst(no idea if that is max)
    Thats good, most I have ever done is 6.1k with an IEC. Novaflows are lucky to hit 3k burst

I find brawl on my MA far more effective and faster recycling than burst on my soldier, particularly if I use a big gun.

Point I was trying to make (maybe badly ) is you cant really compare special attack vs special attack. So many other factors can effect the value of an attack. If there are issues with special attacks why not raise those in their own right? Otherwise you just risk loosing the point of your argument in the vs debate

The next one that opens his/her mouth and let the nerf word out, I will gather a possy to chase around rompa with a big stick with spikes on
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

NERF!

/me starts to run already caaaatch meeee

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    My lvl 200 MA with max implanted brawl, brawls for around 3.5k max

Tha damage was on vet mobs
    Of course we are forgetting how brawl recycles 5 times as fast as burst on a weapon capable of landing 5.5k bursts.

Colstrike hit the subject on the nose...

Bursts for 5k, dont land on guns that recharce burst in a time that is anywhere near as fast as brawl does.

Guns like the Manex, IEC, etc, have a extreemly long recharge (by comparison) to brawl.

Guns that have a short burst recharge, like the Div9 have bursts that hit in pvp around 500, around 1k in pvm.

Voorgs right too hehe its hard to direct compare specials, because so many other factors affect balance.

Parry... never raised it dont have the IP to, dont think i ever will... My problem? maybe...
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

You sure about the Manex, Sky?
    I havn't tried it personally, but i've read quite a few posts about burst recycling in the 8-9 second range, which means 3 bursts per 2 brawls and...

ehehe. I'm bored at work.

Brawl and Burst are pretty reasonable balanced. They probably do around the same damage over time, brawl can stun and be parried, burst always hits. But I must say I enjoy the comparison between ranged and melee professions. It's interesting.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

damnitt voorg, you cant h8 like i can.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Yeah, Im preety sure...

Could you imagine the fixer h8 @ Manex thread if it rechared in 8 seconds?!?

THe burst on manex is more like 30-40 or something like that, Dependant on Ranged init, burst skill Etc...

I think coldstrike has run some numbers in another thread
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

The manex recycles in like 40 seconds, brawl in 10. So they can not be compared at all.

The only two guns that come near brawl damage over time with the burst is the Div 9 and MCS.

manex has a slow recharge.. think 40sec - 1 min cut it pretty good. And funny enough, trying on a lvl 200 doc with rrfe my max burst was max 800 and i did 4 of em. (with RC/+20 going).

Why Manex made it ingame while other guns didn't i can't understand. Cause it makes fixers from a soldiers point of view gods. As a note. Soldiers using manex can't even self-equip a 200. And we get 940 ams pre lvl 190.

And for me those hate threads are pretty sure silly.

@Azzazzimon. you as a lvl 200 ma. Shouldn't you know better soon? If not please quitt and go whine somewhere else. There are alot rpg's around where u can whine around. Just stop crying for nerfs as they are pretty pathetic.
    ----------------------------------------
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    General of Legion

Originally posted by Patk9
    damnitt voorg, you cant h8 like i can.
    Maybe one day, for now I watch and learn.

Besides I gotta post alot im farming myself a better forum title.

Burst should be able to crit. Like a fling shot.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

i think a brawl should be more related to a fling shot. Fast attack, maybe to a burst? not sure, i play melee =] only

@Azzazzimon. you as a lvl 200 ma. Shouldn't you know better soon? If not please quitt and go whine somewhere else. There are alot rpg's around where u can whine around. Just stop crying for nerfs as they are pretty pathetic.
    LOL, I whined?

I responded to the first post, I didn't ask for any change or anything, only made a comment about that brawl wasn't better, maybe read twice before you respond next time?

Of course we are forgetting how brawl recycles 5 times as fast as burst on a weapon capable of landing 5.5k bursts.
    And I guess you forgot to quote and/or read my whole post, you missed:

"So as alpha burst is alot better and very few fights are long enought so you get 2 brawls in (counting 2ho or Camelot not duels)"

There I pretty much post that brawl recharge faster but the whole post I made was 1 brawl vs 1 burst.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

LOL, I whined?

I responded to the first post, I didn't ask for any change or anything, only made a comment about that brawl wasn't better, maybe read twice before you respond next time?
    State: Hate thread 1 2 .. i didn't want to post in all 4 .. and yes i read it.. maybe it was the wrong topic.. but still.
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    General of Legion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast