Thread: engineer

engineer

i like whats done whit engineer in pvp
    but i still think engineers need some trade skills buff

I didn't know that FC had done anything good with Engineers in PvP... mind explaining what they did?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

dunno but one of the interviews on IGN said something about balancing PvP in notum wars. I saw some root breaking nanos for our bot and for some reason i think funcom thinks thats what engies need to be uber in PvP lol.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

It was also mentioned by a dev on the PVP forum:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=65250

It conflicts with previous statements saying something to the effect of "not all profs (read as Engineer) are good at pvp". I can't imagine what the plan is but I suppose we'll find out in 2 1/2 weeks, when Notum Wars is scheduled to be released.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Oh wow Root resists! Now they can only charm our pets and use them against us. So now that they have identified 11 Professions that will be good against Engineers in PvP who is going to be good against Traders? Ive realized that Traders have the most ways to beat an Engineer.

1) They can root our pet and kill us
    2) They can charm our pet and kill us with it
    3) They can calm our pet and kill us
    4) They can debuff us so our pets dont listen to us and then kill us
    5) They can self buff Maestros and take away our customers

The last one bothers me the most actually. Why is it that a Trader thats 90 levels lower than me can find a Leet and use it to help him/her get +125 to their tradeskills?? Oh well. I really hope that gets fixed. Right now a Trader that is many levels lower than me can get better tradeskills, kill me easily in PvP, and is more desireable in teams because of calms and attack skill buffs.

Anyway, I dont want Traders to be nerfed. That is NOT the right answer to the solution. But make us at least a little better in one of those three categories.

1) Tradeskills
    2) Ability to survive in PvP
    3) Desireability of the Engineer in teams

For me though 1 and 3 are the most important. Im already level 196 so people take me in teams because I can get missions with a big XP reward...but lower level Engineers will find it much harder.

And yes I do have a Trader alt :0)

Exclamation that better not be true...

unless this feature is part of the 14.7 general patch for those that do not buy the booster.

while i do not put it above them to include class balancing patch things in the pvp booster that would be a bad idea as it would ... let us say irritate alot of people.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.