Thread: Poor Unique Handling

Poor Unique Handling

So I'm hacking a Small Titan Message Container for a guy today. I do the first hack, making the Sealed Bioplast Folder. When I do the second hack, I get a Duplicate Unique message, and shazam!, it is gone. I did NOT have one of these anywhere, and now I have to give up a coffee machine so that I don't have someone running around saying I'm a thief.

Also, all the Alvin's quest part 3 pieces are considered to be the same unique item. I guess I can carry them all with me until I get 6 hours to spare to wait on TK to spawn.

Wen-wen's... (/me slits wrists, takes a full bottle of darvon, and shoots myself)

And I deeply enjoy having to rearrange my bank every time some item is arbitrarily unique for no reason I can fathom.

So far the 14.6 patch has been the most shortsighted, irresponsible, and unproductive thing done to AO. You should be paying us a month's free playtime for doing your beta testing and bug reporting for you.
    Doncaballero - 209 Enforcer, General of HYDRA

"Shut the f*** up, Donnie, you're out of your element!!" - Walter Sobchak

Amen.

I believe most of these items are made unique because of exploits in stacking or heck just because they wanted to.

Wen Wens? Come on. Why are those unique? Pioneer backpacks? Padded Coats??

Could it be because you funcom wanted the cheap easy way out of dupe exploiting by making these items unique thus solving your problem in 1 swoop?

Biggest pain: your going through your bank. you have 3 slots in your bank left. your shuffling through it and your 30% done you hit a unique (wen wen) presto. Your bank closes and resuffles EVERYTHING with your uniques floating down to the bottom...

So...where did I leave off? Who knows... I petitioned this no answer on fixing it. I asked if I had 4 unique items in there what would happen to the 4th item if I opened a bag with only 3 slots left in my bank. The answer was it would appear in overflow...

I'm not going to test this. If you have a bank full of bags I suggest you transfer it to a alt you don't use much for keeping.

Funcom: Put this in your next server side patch. This is unacceptable to the people who are you CORE players. The people who lead guilds or hold guild inventories. We are the people who play everyday and give other people reason to be here.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

don't forget the Flurry of Blows
    No reason at all to be unique, since the skill is locked after use, so you can't use it more then once even if you have more.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Wen wens too?

I have bags and bags of Wen-wens.

What the heck is going to happen when I open them or get them out of the bank?

will they all be deleted?

If you're 'lucky' they will be kicked out of your bag, and scattered all over your bank account. The next time you open your bank, you find your bank contents completly scrambled.

If you're unlucky (even more unlucky I would say) they would indeed be gone.

No sign of this in today's patch notes
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Question

I still haven't opened the banks on a couple of my characters because of reported bank-scrambling and uncertainties with uniques.

Anyone know what's going on with this issue now, since the server-side patch today?

Martek

^^^^

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Has wen-wen allways been unique?
    I don't remeber them beeing that before....

Heh...I currently have a character bugged so she can't get tokens anymore as the game thinks she has one already somewhere. I've checked her over and over and gone thru her bank and am CERTAIN she has no tokens. I even /terminate ed her to see if something popped up in reclaim, but no joy. I'd really like FC to take a good look at Unique items, how they are handled and why some things are tagged as such.

Originally posted by Firedrake
    Heh...I currently have a character bugged so she can't get tokens anymore as the game thinks she has one already somewhere. I've checked her over and over and gone thru her bank and am CERTAIN she has no tokens. I even /terminate ed her to see if something popped up in reclaim, but no joy. I'd really like FC to take a good look at Unique items, how they are handled and why some things are tagged as such.
    I've got the same problem with an Int-Op coat.
    Gave away a lower QL one and can't accept a new one because the game still think I have the old one. Annoying as hell. Can't even take back the one I had.

On a side-note. It would be interesting to get a print-out of all the things the game thinks I have in the inventory and compare it to the things I can actually see, because obviously those are not always the same. I've had stuff missing for a week or so, to pop back into the bank later, and I also have some duplicate bags (can only take out one at any given time).

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.