Thread: Possibility to remove old nanos?

Question Possibility to remove old nanos?

What would really be nice, is if we could delete nanos we had uploaded.

How come that isnt possible? I mean...lets take Agent`s. Name one agent who didnt use pets on lower levels. Or MA`s critbuff. Now they are only taking up space and making the nano program list much larger than it is.

...so just a little way to remove nano programs?
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

a good ide, big bump

Cool

After all, it isnt a question about nerfing or changing the game to better or worse, it is something that makes the GUI better, and gives us the chance to clean up useless nanos.

I really hope someone notices this, as it is....a nightmare each time I forget taking backup of my file when formatting the system.

Over 20 different ransacks,wrangles,divests, around 30 FP/Assume/Mimic, lots of small and low pets, hots/dots/different roots, doc/ma/adventurer heals, expertices/proficencys/masteries/charms, essences, journeyman, runbuffs, speed, Augments(who`s using them on 167 when there is boosts)...eh..no use continuing the list! =P

Hehe, hope Funcom takes notice of this, maybe let us hold right mousebutton and choose delete, and get a warning or something.

I still don't like this idea . I understand the problem. What I think would be a better solution is to add new, player defined 'tabs' to the nano section.

Agents, for example, accumulate an almost mind-boggling number of nanos. Make new 'tabs' so that they can be adequately sorted. Since they are player defined, set one or two aside for 'old' nanos .

It's a great idea, and my Nanotech used to complain about that all the time. However-
    The biggest problem is going to be what happens if you delete the wrong one on accident? Are you then going to expect an ARK to be able to restore your "lost" Grid Armor, Nullity Sphere, etc? If I was funcom, I would never, ever implement this type of change- it's just a CS nightmare waiting to happen.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

My greater idea would take care of that, also, as they just get moved to the 'unused' section .

i think vydas's idea of player defined tabs is much better than letting us delete nanos we don't want.

i've often wanted to delete some useless nanos. the problem with this is that it will be buggy as all heck. if they implement it we -will- see nanos we want to keep get deleted.

tell an NT that his shiny new nullity sphere is gone because somebody else wanted to get rid of a q20 nano they haven't used in 500 levels. convince a fixer that he can just go out and get another ga4 ...

I'd think it'd be cool if we could download the program to an crystal which deletes it from memory..
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

what about increasing the length of the deletion process. basically giving you a few minutes'/an hour's/xx's amount of time after you press delete before the nano is gone for good.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Yeah agree with you last two. You "SHOULD" really be able to do it, but you would have to...for instance use the Surgical machine, THEN delete it and confirm it, because then it wouldnt be a accident...and then it would have transfered over to a crystal, or a disc..

Good idea about reversing nanos.

from a RP it doesnt make sense to be able to take a liquid out of you blood stream, nanos are fancy needles, look at the icon.

Cool

...Yes if the nanos would be stored in a EEPROM in the brain of the subject, it could be reprogrammed at any time.

Originally posted by Vydas
    I still don't like this idea . I understand the problem. What I think would be a better solution is to add new, player defined 'tabs' to the nano section.

Agents, for example, accumulate an almost mind-boggling number of nanos. Make new 'tabs' so that they can be adequately sorted. Since they are player defined, set one or two aside for 'old' nanos .
    *BUMP!!*
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Delete and Tab

I agree in the idea about deleting the nanos, but also in the idea about having an extra tab with them, so what about when you delete the nano, they end up in the 'trash'-tab, greyed out so they cant be used untill they are restored, OR been deleted finally, when you delete the nano from that tab its gone...REAL gone. The reason for the grey out is to avoid that people just use it for another 'normal' tab and after a while delete an nano and then goes into the trash-tab and finally deletes the WRONG nano.

This way there will be a safety net for *dorks* people-with-trigger-happy-fingers

Just my drop of words
    Jack "McGreed" McReed, Fixer
    Member of Rage-Driven Pacifists
    "If life is just a dream, no wonder I keep drinking coffee..."