Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Gmuptor: How bout having low lvl twinks to steal loot be considered an EXPLOIT?

Omnis hiding in Tara room to ninja loot from clan is roleplaying and vice versa.

Clans fighting their way to the lair or blitzing thier way to the lair and stealing the loot and vise versa is roleplaying.

Making a clan char for the solo idea of taking loot from the clan and vice versa because your side has lost the GS is the actions of some bitter little kid who doesn't like losing. Maybe if Agents could change thier name and pretend to change sides aswell, then ninja loot, then maybe it would be roleplaying. ATM it isn't and should be delt with acordingly, ie treated like an exploit.

Well, the /quit bug exploiting you do to achieve this is surely exploiting..

Originally posted by KasDan
    Omnis hiding in Tara room to ninja loot from clan is roleplaying and vice versa.

Clans fighting their way to the lair or blitzing thier way to the lair and stealing the loot and vise versa is roleplaying.

Making a clan char for the solo idea of taking loot from the clan and vice versa because your side has lost the GS is the actions of some bitter little kid who doesn't like losing. Maybe if Agents could change thier name and pretend to change sides aswell, then ninja loot, then maybe it would be roleplaying. ATM it isn't and should be delt with acordingly, ie treated like an exploit.
    Agreed. Ninjaing the lizard from the other side is a tactic. It's the AO/Tarasque equivilant of the 'scorched earth' strategy. "If my side can't hold on to this resource, I'm going to destroy it or otherwise deny its use to my enemy."

I don't condone this sort of behavior in AO at all, since games are about having fun and this is essentially an attempt to 'spoil' someone else's victory... but it isn't my place to dictate behavior to other people. And it may actually be that someone's vision of roleplay includes their character trying to scorch the earth if they lose the battle.

However using a same-side alt of too-low level to be easily attacked in a 25% gas zone for this purpose is most definitely not roleplaying and I not only consider it an exploit of the PvP protection rules, but I hope Funcom will as well.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Question

Hiding under the bridge, waiting for T to drop down to 10% or so and running out to stack two debuffs on the only doc in the lair is ok though, right?

Lowbies messing with loot are lame...remove level limits on pvp inside and remove the grace period for anyone logging in camelot. (so they can't ninja during the 10 seconds or /quit their way past defenders, would only affect 25% gas obviously)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

This is theft pure and simple, not roleplaying.

And as ive stated before, this game has almost NO roleplaying as it is, and would be a VERY crappy game if the only roleplaying be depriving people of items they have rightfully earnerd.
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

Originally posted by Gmuptor
    calling me out eh abid no its no exploit according to a GM i screenshotted this its roleplaying you guys do it too dont play dumb dear abid. Took you guys forever to catch on to my scheme making 75+ would be cool and I hope they do until then. Roleplaying an exploit ehh how bout 2 days ago you guys warping in GS4 yes you did Dear Abid. Thats an exploit I hope u get suspended.
    Dear Gmuptor, Is this another of your attempts to stop ninja looting? *laughs*
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Three things ...

Abid already has a gph ...
    RP sucks in AO atm (specially metas with a /s arrise my XX fuxxored caco)
    Ninjalooting blows not matter what reason or whatever

Last thing Camelot sux, its almost 8months that this dungeon is up...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by N3XuS
    heh actually ... (AO) Tribulations (AO) has it's meetings in camelot castle. But I guess they should put it on the dungeon itself though
    ridicilous. filling up a dungeon with n00bs when it's designed for highlvl pvp... go sit infront of BB in ent or whateuh! Make Camelot lvl100+

All the more reason for these RPG'ers to get their thumb out and level.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Re: Dear Gmuptor: How bout having low lvl twinks to steal loot be considered an EXPLOIT?

Originally posted by Abid
    Isn't the use of a low lvl twink to work around the pvp system in an attempt to steal loot an exploit? I mean, isnt it?

I consider this harassment plain and simple and think it should be treated as such.
    How about just fixing the god damn loot system instead of suggesting more stupid policies and rules? Soon a 500-page book with the laws and regulations of Rubi-Ka would follow when you buy the game....

And no, ninjalooting isn't an exploit. It's been discussed since day 1 and FC has been very clear on it since. Why still bring it up?

Ninjalooting is allowed. If you loose loot, you -do- have part in the blame. Same as with trade-con's. You can, and it's fully legit, cheat someone out of a coat or whatever with fake trades. Hell, even the veteran traders are named "Con Man" .. think about it. It's part of a society.
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 16th, 2002 at 10:22:03.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I think what this dude does is funny to hear about. If he is not lieing then he has take alot of ubah items from the dirty clanners. I hate them dirty clanners almost as much as I hate the Canadians always after my cheeze....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Unfortunately caol a 500 page book of regulations is more likely to be put to press than FC doing somethign substantial to alter the looting process. Alerting teams to what drops is an excellent first step but by no means fully adresses the problem. I wish FC has displayed a willingness to respond to issues player's focus on but alas does that ever happen?

Maybe if players got banned for this and then an uproar ensued there'd be some sort of offical response eh?
    The name's Bond, James Bond, No really, it is, shift T me next time you see me.

Hell! with restriction and exploiting consideration

Hell! No, Funcom shouldn’t put a level restriction on Tara dungeon, nor should they, consider that a form of looting exploiting. If you think it is an exploit then prove it. If they managed to get past everyone and get that loot, more power to them. The dungeon is not for just 150 and higher players. If low level players, even under 75 think they can handle the mobs in that dungeon more power to them. I have heard other players complain about the lag with so many players in that play field, and that they arent contributing to the kill. If the players don’t like it, go elsewhere but don’t dictate to others how the game is supposed to be played.

Then if that is the case, then what are level 150 to 200 players doing in the Longest Road Dungeon or Step Of Madness. You can say that is a form of exploiting, getting around the game, just to get those items for an alt or lower level player.

Someone just got over on you, so just live with it. If Funcom does put a level restriction on Tara dungeon, put a level restriction on Step of Madness and the Longest Road Dungeon. I don’t see any of you protesting for a level restriction on those dungeons. Ev

You players are just parsimonious and whiners. I know for a fact that a few of you are guilty of doing the same things on other bosses, even if they are lower level bosses. Granted those dungeons do not have a PVP atmosphere but to have a high level player log in their alts to acquire the loot after the high level kills the boss should be considered an exploit.

I remember the higher level players camping level 50 bosses and griefing the lower levels just to get the crat suit and nelebs robe for their alts, lower level guild members or friends. They would clear the path for their alts or dual log their alts on site after the kill. Oh! But this is acceptable? Not in the spirit of the game it isn’t. Especially if there are lower level players attempting to acquire those item.

Most of the high level players just want extra items to outfit their alts. I have two friends who have alts that are level 100 and have outfitted their alts with the, Padded coat, Shades of Lucibration, Gaily Hood, Virral eggs, Van Horns Vest, various rings and the list goes on. This greatly turns the balance of the game in favor of those players. Shouldn’t this be consider and exploit? Why not consider this an exploit? Probably because you players wouldn’t benefit from it? Those players would not have been able to acquire those items on their own at their level.. So in the spirit of the game how is this fare? Or are the higher-level players thinking? “Well if I don’t do it, then the others will and then I will be the only one that isn’t uber?” Then again you are probably thinking “there is nothing for us higher levels to do” if that is the case, we will see after the booster pack. Funcom should put a NODROP restriction on those items. This will help delay people from leveling so fast and Funcom wouldn’t have to worry about what to do with their high level players.

It always amazes me how those players that already have the item want the rules changed afterwards, only to further benefit them or their alts.

Finally you high-level players know how it feels, when person spend all day at one of the lower level camp bosses, neleb or the foreman, just to have a level 140 or 200 come and take the boss from you. If you don’t, then you are just self-absorbed in your uberness and to stingy to understand other player’s feelings. Also! For you individuals that want to flame this last statement and say “well we all have had it done to us, at those locations”. That doesn’t excuse your actions and don’t give me that’s a different situation. Maybe you are not old enough to remember what sharing is all about. It always sounds like the higher levels are saying “its my ball, we’ll play what I want to play”. You people remind me of “Nellie” on the “Little house on the prairie”.

Cheers to that person or persons thatn got around the pvp restriction and ninja looted Tara or lagged the place, even if he is twinked or a low level alt.

I have participated in four Tara kills and I have never entered the raffle. I played just because I wanted to be part of a team and do something different. Instead of spending your days worrying about who is going to get the next uber item. Maybe you should do something different, no matter how hard it is and enjoy the game. It only took me four Tara raids to give up playing with my friends there because of the politics and the selfishness between the players.

How about us high level players stop camping Tara for a week or two and let the lower levels under 150 have a go at Tara? Who cares if they can’t do it? That’s their problem and expense. That would probably never happen because most of the high level players are greedy.

Since I do not have a padded coat and do not desire one. (Even though my friends have offered to give me one, I declined because I really don’t need one to play this game). I would like to see Funcom put a NODROP restriction on that coat and other hard to get items. . This will help paciphy a lot of the high-level players. Then this will redirect their frustrations and whining toward the other mob bosses like the general.

On a further note:

Funcom has catered enough to the high-level players. Funcom doesn’t understand the nature of the beast (MMORPG). Funcom is trying to retain and make higher-level players happy. It is in the nature of the game that the higher levels will get bored and gravitate to other MMORPGs when they come out. Funcom should be catering to the beginner and intermediate player instead. These are the individuals that will bring the bacon home for Funcom. Plus! Funcom has to make it harder to level in this game so that the game isn’t filled with just high-level players.

The (MMORPG) pie so far has only a limited number of slices in it, which represents the player base. Now during this coming year Funcom is going to have to deal with a few more pies and the slices in Funcoms pie will be greatly affected, if not reduced.

Funcom is a slow learner, come March 2003 they will probably wake up and realize what a lot of the players have been telling them, via email and forum debate. Maybe after the booster pack novelty wares off in December, they will start to understand this.

There was a ninja in lair every time I was at Camelot. I'm sure its cool when clanners ninja off us omnis but when gmu ninjas its an exploit. Same goes with locking up PFs and warping around it --- its all good when you clanners pull that BS but when we omnis warp around your lame attempts at locking PFs you guys call us warpers. Lol. You guys are sad.

Half

How about making the items title 3+ to loot them at all/hold in inventory?

MAKE ALL LOOT NODROP so we can all get parts
    TOMTEMOR

Hey MaKettle, the problem with your post is that you're full of ****. You should try not to be full of ****.

When a high-level player kills a dungeon boss, he gets loot from his OWN effort. HE did the damage, HE gets the loot. It may seem ****ty to the lower guys there (and jesus christ, every time I go to TLR it seems there's a TL6 soldier waiting there), but it's not exploiting to kill something with your own effort and then take the loot that is rightfully yours. That is NOT the case when a level 20 ninja comes in and takes loot. You did NOTHING to earn the loot, and you don't DESERVE any. It's iffy as to whether that's an exploit--I'm inclined to say it's not--but it's DEFINITELY griefing and DEFINITELY should be bannable.

Originally posted by Tomtemor
    How about making the items title 3+ to loot them at all/hold in inventory?

MAKE ALL LOOT NODROP so we can all get parts
    Nice Idear, no one below 100 (TL3) will be looting ligit anyway.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

FYI : Gmuptor changed his name and switched to clan , be carefull When you see theman1 (his new clan name) .

you can change your clothes but you cant change your Habbits.

He didnt change all his clothes, his GPH is still on his head ..

same face same belly... Gmuptor disappeared and hasnt been found while there mysteriously pops up a lvl 196 enf with the name Theman1, without any history ..

I have no clue who he is
    Jena Loveyou Bunke
    - lvl 200 Doctor - Unit Leader of Storm -
    Spanky Debugged Bunke
    - lvl 171Fixer - Unit Member of Storm -

Visit Storm at our website

Oh why Theman1 why not Mastaninja?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Halfdeck
    There was a ninja in lair every time I was at Camelot. I'm sure its cool when clanners ninja off us omnis but when gmu ninjas its an exploit. Same goes with locking up PFs and warping around it --- its all good when you clanners pull that BS but when we omnis warp around your lame attempts at locking PFs you guys call us warpers. Lol. You guys are sad.

Half
    Dude...don't even go there...

I am sure clan has pulled a few tricks with Tara...but since clan win most taras, it's usually against clan. As for bacon wrap into camelot...are u joking? That's the only way omni do it...fill the castle with lowlevel people to lag out the clan or in worst case crash em, then when they die, warp em back in. Gl finding an eng in a clan-controlled boxroom dude...the last week I have seen 1 eng there, once. So, keep dreaming...and keep playing dirty...and we will keep on killing u.

You are the epiphany of sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast