Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hate Thread #2: Dimach vs Full auto

Originally posted by Dimmufodr

The biggest problem here is that they nerfed critts, but having done that they should also try to compensate this by giving MAs some high regular dmg weapons for PvP. If a change to the speed of dimach resycle should happen they should also make it a min-max dmg special like FA/Aimed etc. Ok, I'm tired and not on topic so I end this post here :P
    There is a ton of high regular damage bows in game, many of them with good specials on them. How about picking up one of them? 1-400(200) and 1-500(200) with decent speed etc.

Been playing with those lately...

they're good 'cept for a glaring problem. Their clips are all just 3 arrows, and since the reload is way slow (since the fastest one of the decent bows is like 2.3/2.4) it really gimps their speed.

Other than that the reet tech stryker x is great, 40-440(360) is awesome min damage compared to most other ranged offerings, hits harder than the nova, and crits almost as hard.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

The following quote is taken from this thread.
    8: Dimach

Gaute:
    The biggest problem with the Dimach is that it takes too long to
    recycle. (Damage per use is OK, we think.) We are going to change it so that the higher the skill, the shorter the recycle. With high skill (2000 or around that - available after Shadowlands...) it might recycle as quickly as every 5-10 minutes. (Dunno exactly how fast, we shall test it...) Most MA's use Dimach to access "Shen". I haven't seen anyone complain about the effect of that, yet.
    Katelin "Elasii" McCovery

Elizabet "Elizabetha" Suitt (retired soldier)

Division 9 R.S.G.E

Ever since 14.6 rooting has become a potent weapon. Unless there's a way for melee users to break roots effectively then range has an extreme advantage. First of all, fixing nano resist should be a top priority of theirs...cause I think it would make pvp a lot more fun if some things could be resisted on occasion. And if rooting and Aimed Shot and all those ranged advantages (faster recycling times etc.) continue to dominate pvp, then I think melee should do more damage than range. At least then if you get in a few good chops up close, it may be enough to kick your opponent's ass. Right now the only three professions I can see dominating pvp are the doctor, trader, and enforcer. Even soldiers, which should be primed for pvp, aren't at the top of the food chain...mainly because all they have going for them is good base damage and TMS.
    I'm just thoroughly disgusted with the roots. Anybody that has seen some fights lately would know what I'm talking about.
    <p><font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2" >__________________<br>
    <a href="http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/transferr" target="_blank">Transferr</a>
    <br> lvl 192 MA retired

It's worth a shot

Coldstrike: Two problems with MAs using bows.
    One, we don't have the buffs to use anything higher than ql188 I think. Two, with no init buffs it's hard to increase the attack rate of the bows, which tend to be slower and have small clips. If the howling moon bows ever become available, those would be worth using in pvp. But I don't think they will be uber.
    <p><font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2" >__________________<br>
    <a href="http://www.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/2/name/transferr" target="_blank">Transferr</a>
    <br> lvl 192 MA retired

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hate Thread #2: Dimach vs Full auto

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

that's strange then, i've only rarely heard MAs talking of their dimachs being parried. I've heard a lot more, and seen my FAs do crap damage on the professions with the lowest evades just as long as they keep their agg/def bar a bit lower and many of them use so8 armor. i still think dimach has less of a problem here it isn't as huge an issue as FA is when it fails. But i guess dimach recharge time pays off for that...still think 30 minutes (or 25?) is too long though.

Lowbie MA on this account but twinked heavily. My dimach is parried regularly by mobs and players who bother to up parry enough to make a difference.

Guess what Beartwo is maxing next.......=P

Right you are.... PARRY!!!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

this has to be one of the silliest threads in here!

buhu we cant do as much damage as a high powered gun that empties almost a whole clip...buhuu...

Bah, Pat i can understand it for your class but now that MAs are more on par and not so friggin uber anymore they will come cryin to mama about the critnerf and wanting this...

( hopes FC stops medling in game mechanics and jsut adds more content!!)
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Re: It's worth a shot

Originally posted by Blasphemee
    Coldstrike: Two problems with MAs using bows.
    One, we don't have the buffs to use anything higher than ql188 I think. Two, with no init buffs it's hard to increase the attack rate of the bows, which tend to be slower and have small clips. If the howling moon bows ever become available, those would be worth using in pvp. But I don't think they will be uber.
    I honestly don't see any problems with using bows. A 200 solitus MA with 3 bow implants and expertise will have 949 bow skill. This is enough to self equip most bows at max QL, including for instance the Joint Clans Exochet II. Some more skill is probably doable with extra trickle down from increased stats, dragon armor sleeves etc. Unscoped it should also be doable to get theese bows to 1/1 speed for a self buffed MA.

949 attack rating is just slightly less than what any omni soldier has when using for instance the CHS (a semi popular weapon for PvP), the bows have higher damage and shoot faster or at worst at the same speed as the CHS. They also have good specials. Their drawback is a very small clip, but the MAs higher crit chance (even after it is halved) will compensate somewhat for this and make bows comparable to other professions weapons.

Bows are not as bad as they once were.

Dimach in PvM

I know it's been said in this thread and I know the thread is about Dimach vs Full auto, but I just want to say again the parry rate in PvM for Dimach has become insane. I quit playing for a few months and came back recently only to find out one of the super fun attacks in the game gets parried so often it has become VERY unreliable. And to sit and wait for that reuse timer to come back is unbearable. I don't know what to suggest to fix it, but it has been very annoying.

Sorry for the interruption to the fight please continue...

Re: Dimach in PvM

Originally posted by Waasak
    I know it's been said in this thread and I know the thread is about Dimach vs Full auto, but I just want to say again the parry rate in PvM for Dimach has become insane. I quit playing for a few months and came back recently only to find out one of the super fun attacks in the game gets parried so often it has become VERY unreliable. And to sit and wait for that reuse timer to come back is unbearable. I don't know what to suggest to fix it, but it has been very annoying.

Sorry for the interruption to the fight please continue...
    Well, being the PvP forum, the performance of Dimach in PvM is sort of irrelevant to the discussion.

Smile

yeah I also agree that Dimach skill should have a faster recharge
    if you can get a FA recharged way more then a Dimach recharge,
    isn't there an imbalance right there?
    there are gun for soldiers that recharge FA a bit faster..but how come the MA don't get Dimach recharge a tad faster, say with a weapon or something...
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Smile

not saying that soldiers unloading a full clip shouldn't be fast
    since every soldier that pvp switches guns for alphas during fight,
    but isn't it around the same time per say...
    reloading a clip - attack in close combat ( punch,kick, whatever )
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Originally posted by Sherrman
    Considering 9 out of 10 full auto users are soldiers, isn't it kinda unfair to try to get us nerfed again?
    I dont think FA should be nerfed. I do, however, agree tha Dimach needs to be made better. Drop it to 5-10 min recharge so that it could possibly be used twice in a fight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123