Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hate Thread #2: Dimach vs Full auto

since 14.6 in 15+ duels i havent hit for more then 500 FA on anyone anytime....

Its kinda nerfed pvp wise atm. I dont rely on it anymore. Aimed shot is 1000x better special attack then Full Auto now.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

This thread sorta turned into a MA vs. the world thread, so here is my point of view on this:

MAs always asked for, and was given the ability to be the highest damage over time profession. Reducing dimach recharge would also make you one of the highest instant damage dealing profession. That is not what you asked for when you got your patches, you wanted reliable high damage over time, and that is what you got.

here is what Dimach use to be in a beta days.

Dimach is a characters soul attack. It becomes effective only at high levels and is extremly expensive to train. It uses all your Nano points and channels them in an 'all or nothing' blow to the opponent.

Original Dimach, the way it was in beta: used up all remaining nano, but became available again in a minute or so. You pretty much could use it every fight, provided you brought enough nano chargers. Back then, MAs were severely gimped, hit for only minimal damage, and critted once in a very blue moon, only with Brawl. Dimach, compared to our other damage, packed quite a wallop. It WAS possible to miss with it if opponent was significantly higher than you, but against orange and less, it always seemed to work. Oh, and if you had nano kits to regain some nano mid fight, and fight was protracted, you could Dimach twice in one fight.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Tweaking dimach will just make fights be quicker, because as it is now some ranged users are raising dimach on the side for a nice set-damage special to use at the end of their alpha, if this is done then everyone from soldier to nt to fixer will max dimach and it will be a bit silly. FA also is limited to certain weapons only a few of which are decent, while dimach works with nearly every melee wep.

Better make Full Auto have 30 minuties recicle
    Oh what did i just say
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Who says you can't have dimach *and* FA?

...... Oh yeah, did i forgot to do ........... *yawn, Let me ..........
    James J. Hill: "Give me Swedes, snuff and whiskey, and I'll build a railroad right through hell!"

Re: Hate Thread #2: Dimach vs Full auto

Originally posted by Patk9
    I look at pvp specials and i see that Dimach and Full auto are among the best of them. Dimach is on a 25-30 minute rechage and full auto depending on the gun is what? 2-5 mins? Anyway Full auto is MORE of a threat than dimach so why can it be used 5-15 times to the 1 dimach in a span of 30 mins, this makes no sense. In fights I also notice that FA seems to hit for 2k+ on me often (this is in pvp, not pvm) while dimach is at the set 1.1k-2k for a high amount of skill. If the fight lasts long enough there will also be more FAs to follow. I just dont understand why its dimach that has that kind of recharge when FA is more of a threat and hits higher/more often.

Suggestions:

-Boost dimach up to 10 min recharge, still longer than MA but alot more managable.

or

-Cause FA to have more of a recharge time on it, atleast equal to dimach.
    FA damage can be reduced greatly if the target goes fully defensive with maxed evades..so8 armor helps even more on this task. And no, im not just talking about my experience as a fixer, but more of the fact how soldiers always get pissed when they hit a trader or whoever the target is for 600-1k full auto damage and when i hit an NT not running nullity for 400 full auto damage and then 3.1k on an enforcer. It isn't so unbalancing, the profs that get the highest full autos done to them usually have oodles of HP and an ability to heal it or get hit when reflect is down, only then do they have to go fully defensive for it to hurt less. How often have you heard of a dimach being parried? its usually a gauranteed 40% hit and doesn't fail as much as full auto does. People expecting to be the main target by a mass of people should emphasize it and prepare themselves to take a big blow. I always remember verro saying she was going to go full def because of the amount of omnis ready to come out and alpha her.

Edit: Not to mention, critical chance was nerfed so there wont be anymore of that '3 bullets hit' 2k damage.' it'll be 500 damage, like nothinman said. What good pvp'er doesnt go full def against a full alpha and then adjust later in the fight?
    Last edited by Stromm; Nov 12th, 2002 at 07:52:21.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    This thread sorta turned into a MA vs. the world thread, so here is my point of view on this:

MAs always asked for, and was given the ability to be the highest damage over time profession. Reducing dimach recharge would also make you one of the highest instant damage dealing profession. That is not what you asked for when you got your patches, you wanted reliable high damage over time, and that is what you got.
    Hmm, you havn't played a MA, right?

After 14.6 patch a HoT can almost out heal the damage we do in PvP(I havn't played MA that much after nerf, only tested abit), we have always done extremly weak normal damage so was only crit that did any damage, with the crit nerf we almost do 50% damage from what we did before in PvP, and we wasn't exactly overpowered before, we was a pretty good PvP prof if we got close enought, now we totally suck.

So we don't do reliable high damage over time in PvP either, we do low damage over time in PvP...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

FA comes back fast?? where did u guys get ur dope?

FA recharge time on a premium IEC Flashpoint Laser Rifle is 556,6 seconds, which is almost 10 minutes.

I can never use a FA twice in a duel.
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Hmm, you havn't played a MA, right?

After 14.6 patch a HoT can almost out heal the damage we do in PvP(I havn't played MA that much after nerf, only tested abit), we have always done extremly weak normal damage so was only crit that did any damage, with the crit nerf we almost do 50% damage from what we did before in PvP, and we wasn't exactly overpowered before, we was a pretty good PvP prof if we got close enought, now we totally suck.

So we don't do reliable high damage over time in PvP either, we do low damage over time in PvP...
    The biggest problem here is that they nerfed critts, but having done that they should also try to compensate this by giving MAs some high regular dmg weapons for PvP. If a change to the speed of dimach resycle should happen they should also make it a min-max dmg special like FA/Aimed etc. Ok, I'm tired and not on topic so I end this post here :P
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Heh Patk9

I do agree that dimach recycle should be a lot lower, but FA has become a joke...and wasnt that good to start with.

You need a full clip to start with to max your chances of hitting with the max number of bullets. Thats hard to do/time correctly in a pvp battle.

Then if you are lucky ( I would guess a 1/5 chance) you will hit for 2-3k FA against your opponent.

"You hit with 0 bullets"

....oh damn, now I have to run again.....

My MA alt hits every time with Dimach and the brawl/crits do very good damage apart from Dimach.

Lower the recharge on Dimach yes, but FA isnt such a good special as you may think.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Maybe im nuts but my lvl 50 sol does very consistent 1500 FAs at lvl 50 2 min recharge on Heavy suppressor and hell dimach has needed to beb lowered to 5 minutes -10 minutes since 10k FA guns came out. recently because i had 11k hp a sol hit mecfor 4190 FA 4190 AS 3000 Burst now consntent or not consistent if i did a 4200 pvp dimach ewvery 10 minutes ide be freakin happy

Just bring back the crit %, i'll be happy with that.
    It makes NO sense to half crit % in PvP and introduce weapons that do 1k+ (and i'm gentle here) normal hits.
    I'll settle with that.
    ATM, the only way i can kill someone is with a 2K AS, lucky brawl and dimach, if all that doesn't work, well, i'm dead.
    So, bring back my crit, pleaaaase.

Edit : Oops wrong thread but hey, still think what i wrote here
    Last edited by Jcdv2; Nov 12th, 2002 at 15:38:47.

Originally posted by Gmuptor
    Maybe im nuts but my lvl 50 sol does very consistent 1500 FAs at lvl 50 2 min recharge on Heavy suppressor and hell dimach has needed to beb lowered to 5 minutes -10 minutes since 10k FA guns came out. recently because i had 11k hp a sol hit mecfor 4190 FA 4190 AS 3000 Burst now consntent or not consistent if i did a 4200 pvp dimach ewvery 10 minutes ide be freakin happy
    Lvl 50's also has less evades and ac's that the FA's are better. Or you didnt try this patch yet. Getting FA's is silly now, 50-500 here with 15% scope + mop + tts, QL200 Flashpoint and 1057 attack skill. Not just 1, but I was in arena with 4 other soldiers and we all did those crap FA's, sometimes a lucky shot of the damage you all so fear..

Make my FA the damage dimach does each time and bring it to dimach speed, at least better then now!

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Disagree. Dimach is so consistant that it warrants the recharge time.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

With the crit nerf we sure as hell dont anymore ... ow and highest damage over time? => Nerf Manex then please ...

Nah never mind nerfs, dont nerf improve others ...

and I want dimach recharge lowered yes ... not calling upon any nerfs on other classes...

Reducing the dimach recharge doesnt make us get any higher instant damage now does it? talking about an instant there, not 15 minutes are we? => the reduced recharge doesn't change a thing on the "highest instant damage" ... doh...

Re: Heh Patk9

Originally posted by Beartwo

My MA alt hits every time with Dimach and the brawl/crits do very good damage apart from Dimach.

Lower the recharge on Dimach yes, but FA isnt such a good special as you may think.
    Never gotten your dimach parried yet? Get ready for it to happen way too often ... just like people can parry our Aimed shots now with our bows ... FC fix that please ... lol ...

And dimach isnt that great too as you may think...

Re: Re: Hate Thread #2: Dimach vs Full auto

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest

How often have you heard of a dimach being parried? its usually a gauranteed 40% hit and doesn't fail as much as full auto does. People expecting to be the main target by a mass of people should emphasize it and prepare themselves to take a big blow. I always remember verro saying she was going to go full def because of the amount of omnis ready to come out and alpha her.

Edit: Not to mention, critical chance was nerfed so there wont be anymore of that '3 bullets hit' 2k damage.' it'll be 500 damage, like nothinman said. What good pvp'er doesnt go full def against a full alpha and then adjust later in the fight?
    I parried dimach's often, very often ... I even parried Kiantirs'as dimach when I was lvl 163 and she was 200 already ...

After that I've parried way lotsa Dimachs ...lso from Zenpunch once ... sorry but Dimach gets parried pretty easily... especially by boss mobs, and in pvp it is done a lot too ... I know this from experience

Re: Re: Re: Hate Thread #2: Dimach vs Full auto

Originally posted by Bodysnatch

I parried dimach's often, very often ... I even parried Kiantirs'as dimach when I was lvl 163 and she was 200 already ...

After that I've parried way lotsa Dimachs ...lso from Zenpunch once ... sorry but Dimach gets parried pretty easily... especially by boss mobs, and in pvp it is done a lot too ... I know this from experience
    that's strange then, i've only rarely heard MAs talking of their dimachs being parried. I've heard a lot more, and seen my FAs do crap damage on the professions with the lowest evades just as long as they keep their agg/def bar a bit lower and many of them use so8 armor. i still think dimach has less of a problem here it isn't as huge an issue as FA is when it fails. But i guess dimach recharge time pays off for that...still think 30 minutes (or 25?) is too long though.

"Tweaking dimach will just make fights be quicker, because as it is now some ranged users are raising dimach on the side for a nice set-damage special to use at the end of their alpha, if this is done then everyone from soldier to nt to fixer will max dimach and it will be a bit silly. FA also is limited to certain weapons only a few of which are decent, while dimach works with nearly every melee wep."

Your point is? Some enforcers and MAs use a flashpoint as an opening attack. The tradeoff is that their skill is less and they are less successful w/ it...just like ranged professions with dimach. Variety = good.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast