Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hate thread #1: Sneak attack and Aim shot in PvP.

Originally posted by Julia
    Go back to the top you silly thread

Yes AS is Aimed Shot not another good shot. You have to be concealed and do it from where person cant see you.

Same with sneak attack.
    And while we are so nerf happy, lets put heals in pvp at 40-50%!!!
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

This could be a sweet thread after all. I like the idea of 100% damage cap on Aimshot. I also like the Idea of Aimshot ingoring all AC since you will never see it coming. I also really love the idea of half heals/hots. God this could turn out good.

bah....

Sneakshot lvl 143 Agent Retired
    Krazykrat lvl 154 Crat Retired

*burp* .... I got one more post # now.. yay.. did i forget to .........
    James J. Hill: "Give me Swedes, snuff and whiskey, and I'll build a railroad right through hell!"

with the crit nerf, allowing AS on ithaca and sneak on enforcer sticks doesnt seem so unbalancing to me. big hits in the world of 100% healing NEED to be used when your opponent is low, you cant just stop time and conceal while in combat. (not that i support the crit nerf but just thought id add that)

However if they're going to do this, they should atleast FIX concealment/perception before they step on the pedal!!!
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I find it very rude that ppl starts to scream nerf just cause they got their ass spanked by ppl using some certain special attacks...

We all know that the ones that scream the loudest is heard by FC, even tho its only 1 person. So only solution I see here is to scream SO loud back the nerfcriers will be drowned...

So lets all drop runny icecreams on the heads of all nerfcriers ppl

/me drags random nerfcrier into the ally for a good whooping..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

lol

R U Nubi sneakshot? do u not remember last july when agents were sittin atop buildings in MMD with cloaking devices dropping everything that ran by with a 10k aimed shot?

I say Patk9 has it right - make it work like in PvM - if u can sneak the player u can AS or sneakattack him. Hell, even make it reusable in the same fight so long as u can sneak on him.

If this seems illogical to u, think of a ninja dropping a smoke bomb to evade close combat with a samurai, then coming up behind him to slit his throat.

Re: lol

Originally posted by Bartleby
    R U Nubi sneakshot? do u not remember last july when agents were sittin atop buildings in MMD with cloaking devices dropping everything that ran by with a 10k aimed shot?

I say Patk9 has it right - make it work like in PvM - if u can sneak the player u can AS or sneakattack him. Hell, even make it reusable in the same fight so long as u can sneak on him.

If this seems illogical to u, think of a ninja dropping a smoke bomb to evade close combat with a samurai, then coming up behind him to slit his throat.
    No, no no. What seems illogical to me is how people are talking about realism in a game that has no relation to realism:

-Shotguns? 22m range right off the bat. you can scope them too.

-Buffs? Did you ever have some dude with a part of a building in his hand come up to you and make you stronger?

-Energy weapons doing less than fists? the ability to calibrate your fists to do certain damages?

-Scopes on beams, fists, bows, pistols, shotguns? (do i even have to point that one out lol) The only scoped weapons irl are modernized sub-machineguns such as the MP5HK and it is a *tiny* lens, assault rifles can have one not much bigger, sniper rifles have a customizable size.

-Speaking of which, sniper rifles! 40m range max? assault rifles and even some SMGs can fire at the same distances than some of these rifles!

-lighting yourself on fire, the ability to heal yourself while doing it and run fast as hell - need i say more?

-The ability to dodge 10 bullet full auto's at you - Well, sci-fi and the matrix but hey this isn't real life.

-So when did you see a salesman own some battle-hardened war veteran??

Not to say i give a crap about realism, this is a game. that's just a few to name, and to complain about something because 'it isnt realistic,' most popularly in the professions pvp discussions, is ridiculous.

"R U Nubi sneakshot? do u not remember last july when agents were sittin atop buildings in MMD with cloaking devices dropping everything that ran by with a 10k aimed shot? "

Agents are sniping?? NO WAY! Stuff like this makes pvp exciting. with all the nerf whiners, no wonder pvp is getting staler and staler by the patches.

Take the example of the 'crossbows.' they're almost useless now to MAs, because, it is a 'crossbow.' it must use ranged init. It must be used by NO ONE like 90% of the weapons in this game!
    Last edited by Stromm; Nov 12th, 2002 at 08:35:47.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Yea I agree Pat make snk and AS have like 5 minute recharges so they cant be used more then once a fight note ive never done over a 2500 snk attack in pvp

My agent agrees with sneakshot
    -=Vima - lvl211 Bureaucrat=-

**After all these years I still vividly remember the warm, Fuzzy feeling I got first time I ran into a room packed With lvl200 mobs and threw my AoE calm**

if aimed shot, or sneak attack is used without conceal it should only function as an extra attack like a fling or fast attack.

aimed shot/sneak attack + conceal = super attack
    aimed shot/sneak attack - conceal = extra attack

this is how it should be.

Originally posted by Borrace
    if aimed shot, or sneak attack is used without conceal it should only function as an extra attack like a fling or fast attack.

aimed shot/sneak attack + conceal = super attack
    aimed shot/sneak attack - conceal = extra attack

this is how it should be.
    Now here is some stellar reasoning... it should be that way "just because." Errr... WHY? Because your professions don't use those specials that's why. Make a valid argument that AS and SA are somehow owning PvP at the moment, and are thus unbalanced, or go away.

Re: lol

Are they doing that now? teh Nubi is better than teh MORON.

This might make sense if sniping weapons had 500m range, the chance of detection reduced 1% for every meter over 100 in distance from the target and there was a realistic chance of 1 shot kills. Otherwise you are just nerf crying a special that you don't use.

Think of teh MORON dropping a nonsense analogy in a post then not backing it up with any shred of argument or relation to one.

I dont think AS or SA need a nerf.

If it were made that you had to be concealed, it would make more sense, but It would have to be 10K every single shot. Imo.

I also think Bandersnatch makes a valid point. A "Sneak" attack could easily just be an "Unexpected Attack", at least in the middle of a fight.

I honestly dont think it needs to be changed.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Suzsu

Now here is some stellar reasoning... it should be that way "just because." Errr... WHY? Because your professions don't use those specials that's why. Make a valid argument that AS and SA are somehow owning PvP at the moment, and are thus unbalanced, or go away.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

YOU'RE RIGHT....in pvp 2k-3k aimed shot every 15-30 seconds at maxed ranged init isn't too unbalancing. in pvm a 7-10k aimed shot isn't too unbalancing.

and my profession does use those skills. my profession uses every g-dam skill....i PERSONALLY don't. i have 1 friggin skill that sucks ass and will never have any balance in pvp because FUCOM can't do anything right when it comes to either pistols or multi-ranged.

here's some LOGIC for you...and a VALID ARGUMENT....

i want to do a SNEAK attack...see the operative word there...it is a SNEAK. lets look up SNEAK in the dictionary...shall we?

sneak: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=sneak

in order to SNEAK...one must be CONCEALED....

conceal: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=conceal

if you aren't concealed...then guess what...you are out in the friggin open and NOT SNEAKING...therefore you should not get a g-dam SNEAK attack.

is that CLEAR enough for you? do you need it spelled out any better? are you able to connect all the dots now...if not, i'll be able to hold your hand and walk you through it again.

my suggestion would at least give you people an extra attack during battle...you used to not get any extra attack when conceal was necessary to accomplish those two special attacks.
    Last edited by Borrace; Nov 12th, 2002 at 17:20:08.

Ok here goes, 1st off I dont know why all the agents are complaining, NONE of this was pointed to them and for the agents i think they should be allowed to re-conceal even while under attack if they pass a perception check against their opponent. However I didnt make this thread to piss everyone off, but LOOK at the OTHER profs using aim shot, they hit HARDER than agents and much more than agents, I think if agents cant hit that hard w/ it why can they?

Lost name while reading but someone said im just mad cuz i got owned by it? No i never got owned based on aim shots cept back in 2h0 when i was 90 and Garv came with a 4k or so instakill aim.

Someone also said capping 30% on heals? Fine by me there too.

Call me a nerf cryer, whiner whatever i never asked for a nerf nor will I. But the way pvp is now is semi-unbalanced (more balanced than its ever been and improving) but w/o feedback how will it improve anymore? If the description of aim shot said it was a shot carefully aimed at a critical point on an opponents body I would be fine with it, hell i'd be fine if they changed it to that, but dont say what its not. And its not an attack that requires stealth like i believe it says in the desc. I cant remember off the top of my head. If anything I see from reading this is the arguments the other side makes for a good pro's and con's and i can respect that, Just dont bash me for it, bash the argument. I admit the argument is a tough call to make and your replies could show me im wrong im not afraid to admit when im wrong but this is getting looked at and i see alot of agreeing/disagreeing maybe as someone else said its cuz the profs that dont use aim dont care for it.

Remind me why agents are pissed? The point I brought up was the high dmg of it and how often it is. I dont remember the last time an agent got 2 aim shots on me in a fight but if its supposed to be the agents special why are other profs doing so much more with it.

I like the argument of it on the boards, just dont let it get personal I respect everyones opinion (except destructiva cuz i just dont like her anymore due to betrayed trust as a friend and her always goin out of her way just to bug me) and I ask you to respect mine.

Again like i said up top I think allowing agents to re-conceal in pvp would be a cool skill for the prof to have, they are that small and hard enough to tab anyways. Maybe even give it a nano.
    It would also give meaning to perception if your opponent has high enough perception in a check then they will see you instead of you reconcealing.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Originally posted by Borrace

i want to do a SNEAK attack...see the operative word there...it is a SNEAK. lets look up SNEAK in the dictionary...shall we?

sneak: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=sneak

in order to SNEAK...one must be CONCEALED....

conceal: http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=conceal

if you aren't concealed...then guess what...you are out in the friggin open and NOT SNEAKING...therefore you should not get a g-dam SNEAK attack.

Let me be equally pragmatic. AIMED shot. I don't see the word SNEAK, CONCEALED or HIDDEN anywhere near that.

I take a few more seconds and I AIM and make a very calculated shot.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

All you agent flamers go read my edit on 1st post.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Originally posted by Sparkyd

Let me be equally pragmatic. AIMED shot. I don't see the word SNEAK, CONCEALED or HIDDEN anywhere near that.

I take a few more seconds and I AIM and make a very calculated shot.
    ok...taking this logic in taking "a few more seconds" to aim...there should be a longer attack time than simply hitting a button. during the "few more seconds" you can be hit repeatedly causing your aim to not be as accurate.

so, while i agree that you do not necessarily need to be concealed in order to do an aimed shot...there should be opportunity to frustrate your attempts to aim similary to getting a nano-program interrupted.

the way it is now is way too simplistic...

you have mr. agent fighting (typically close range) against mr. enforcer. mid battle, mr. agents picks up his rifle and holds it to his eyeball to aim directly at the heart/head of his opponent. however, this does not take a "few more seconds." this takes a fraction of a second to get off an aimed shot. there is no opportunity to cause a fumble or an interruption in an aimed shot.

unfortunately, the profession who got hit the hardest by the non-conceal aimed shot addition is one of the professions that also benefit the most from it...agents.

agents used to be unique for their aimed shots...now, there is nothing unique about them. why be an agent when you can be a doctor or NT or adventurer and use the same weapon?

the only thing that made the agent/rifle combo special was the conceal/aimed shot combo that agents could pull off. since that was erased...so was the agent's "special" attack.

if you still believe that hitting your aimed shot button when the attack becomes available is equivilant to taking "a few more seconds" then you are living on the moon.

Dont even think about touching as !

The as on my ithaca is the -ONLY- damage I have left on my doc.

AND 2k+ SHOTS IN PVP ARE A FKN RARITY

The % modifier with aimed shot on the ithaca is far lower then on the agent rifles, but it does recharge faster. ( With over 1000 aimed shot I did 3 10ks in my ao carreer, an agent with an x-3 with even less as will do 10ks alot more ).

Normal hits vary between 200-600 ( gimped shot), with luck it'll be the value of a crit (1100-1300) and if very lucky it'll be more.
    Go up duck exp if you get hit for 40% each shot.

Georg
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast