Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hate thread #1: Sneak attack and Aim shot in PvP.

Hate thread #1: Sneak attack and Aim shot in PvP.

Edit: Too many people took this wrong way, it wasnt intended as a nerf and seeing how i worded it in a way that could have been interpreted as a nerf i took it down. Sorry for the inconveniance to all.
    Last edited by Patk9; Nov 14th, 2002 at 00:23:15.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

yeah, FC has implimented something where special recharge is effected by your skill in that special.

I have 800 burst skill and can get 6 bursts off in 1 minute with MCS... depends alot of the weapon tho. as i can only get 1 burst off on manex every couple minutes.

But i did notice that ithica users can AS for 40% HP over and over and over very quickly. i think this may need some adjusting.

if oyur AS can recharge REALLY fast maybe it shouldnt be hitting massvily hard. same with other specials.

my supernova does huge huge aimed shots, but recycles too slow to EVER use more then once in a duel.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Aimed shot and Sneak Attack is the devil!

Agreed, it is rather strange.

"Illogical, captain."
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Perhaps lower the recharge on dimach then? Thinking it does about as dmg? (When max dmg as that is) and perhaps lowering the chance of parrying it?

I only get off one dimach per fight tho, but lowering would make it easier to keep duelling? *shrug*

As and sneak is mean, I agree.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Not really sure where getting super powered AS's from. But you nerf aimshot people just start using full auto or burst weapons. Thus you kill some the varity this game has. If anything at all should probably increase the recharge rate on AS, make were people with only high AS skill pull off high damage output AS's.

i agree with pat. AS and sneak attack should only be possible if you are actually sneaking. really doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Bumpers win! It's a proven fact!

Hmm don't see any agents posting here.

If you want to make aimshot a 1 shot deal at beginning of fight let it be that way and raise the Kill damage too 100% for aimshot since the whole idea about it is to 1 shot kill (Hence the name). Too much nerfing to aimshot has been done already. Quit your Bit*hing.

Sneakshot lvl 143 Agent

what Sneakshot said...
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

*bump* I agree with Pat, Aimshot/Sneak during the middle of a fight is really stupid
    *bump*

lol, 1 shot kill possible? omg, so you now want everybody to use Aimedshot? I thought everybody already did...
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

well

I really dont care but, to all the people who actually said that if you have high perception you can counter the highdamage of aimed shot your on crack.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

haha i remember ppl saying same thing hunter, well my percept is maxed and still recieving 2600 aim shots constantly....also so much for halving crit chance...
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

kinda funny

I dont want a nerf but how can someone sneak attack me in the middle of a fight when im bursting them in the face
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

Re: Hate thread #1: Sneak attack and Aim shot in PvP.

Originally posted by Patk9
    Tell me this, why is it logical to have people popping off 2k+ sneak attacks and aim shots in pvp and often, the recharge is very fast on these specials and you dont have to be concealed to use it. That is one of the most stupid things ive seen, I have a person tabbed, they hit me 4-5 times then hit me with a 2k+ sneak attack? Thats where I draw the line. Make it like it was intended, make it like it is in PvM. If your not concealed you cant do it, that easy. Enough of this any profession being able to shoot a 2600 aim shot mid fight to completely turn the fight around.

Scenario often played out: Patk9 vs lvl 200 doc

dmg, dmg dmg, fight goes normal blah blah
    healing, dmg, healing blah blah blah
    2600 aim shot
    dmg, dmg dmg, fight goes normal blah blah
    healing, dmg, healing blah blah blah
    2500 aim shot

ok now where does this make sense? aim shots/sneak attacks shouldnt be allowed in the middle of a fight seriously.
    Agree again
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I think that AS and Sneak attack only should work as first hit in fight, you start off fight with an AS/SA not in middle of it..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Well....

Sneak attack and AS cant be compared imo.
    AS is when u use a scope to aim at ur target and fire, and that can be done even in ongoing combat.
    I cant see how to sneak-attack when ur head to head with an oponent tho

I agree, aimed shouldn't be used more then once a fight. That's how docs always do me in, pathetic normal damage, but huge collossal aimed shots over and over during a fight. 's amazing how fast it recycles isn't it.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Well I can see how you can Sneak Attack someone when fighting them head to head. Your duking it out with someone, focusing on the movements of their upper body when suddenly.......................BAM! Foot to the crotch, 10k crit. Just change the name from Sneak Attack to something like Nutcracker, Ballburster, Cheap Shot...
    Bandersnatch - Opifex Enforcer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast