Thread: Don't you all realize that PvP titles are actually ruining the game?

Don't you all realize that PvP titles are actually ruining the game?

What is there to do at higher levels in this game? PvP.

Why don't more people do it? They hug their stupid titles, the majority of which aren't won by personal valor and accomplishment anyhow. They don't do anything for you and given the exploitation of these titles, they don't even properly demonstrate any REAL level of PvP prowess.

If they were removed, more people would be willing to jump into fights instead of only fighting when they think they're 100% guaranteed of a win. As a result, the higher level game would be much more fulfilling.

GET RID OF WORTHLESS PVP TITLES AND START HAVING FUN.

Your kinda right on half of it.. I dont jump into fights blind because of losing my title. Regardless of my title or not, I still wouldn't jump into a fight and die stupidly because of rez shock, and getting all the same buffs again.

even tho i would glady loos my title in i fun fight i agre whit you 100%

no titles = more pvp... i think
    w00p w00p!!

Probably true Highjack, but then we need another reward. I would do less pvp if i hadn't something to reward me.
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Don't forget half or maybe more then half of the population pvps just BECAUSE of getting an uber title and showing off how leet they are.

Remove it and I bet not many will pvp.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Exactly what i wanted to highlight Letah
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Its nice to have a "killcounter", and titles are a killcounter for me at least, like notches on my rifle. So I think Letah is very right.

Besides I hate to lose and die, so I can assure you I wouldnt be more reckless without any titles..
    Its not in human nature to enter fights that you are certain to loose, if not maybe for some greater cause, which is not present in this game atm.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

If you have ego problems and pvp for a title to prove how "good" you are, the natural progression of your sport is to end up gang ganking low lvls for points (or, obviously, farming). If you respect that as valid i'm not going to argue with you. If, however, we could scare these people off of pvp i think the system would be considerably better off.

This isn't RL, there are no consequences for death. One more trip through the reclaim and grab any buffs you can find between where you respawn and where you just died.

Fight, have fun, die some and try to kill more often.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Re: Don't you all realize that PvP titles are actually ruining the game?

Originally posted by Highjack
    What is there to do at higher levels in this game? PvP.

Why don't more people do it? They hug their stupid titles, the majority of which aren't won by personal valor and accomplishment anyhow. They don't do anything for you and given the exploitation of these titles, they don't even properly demonstrate any REAL level of PvP prowess.

If they were removed, more people would be willing to jump into fights instead of only fighting when they think they're 100% guaranteed of a win. As a result, the higher level game would be much more fulfilling.

GET RID OF WORTHLESS PVP TITLES AND START HAVING FUN.
    I've never been much of a hugger, but I know plenty of the high-title one has been.. and it's pretty annoying at times. But then again, I think the title system could work if it was "fixed".

FC opened their eyes and fixed the team-exploit point-bug in 14.6.. Now let's redo it based on player suggestions. I've seen tons of suggestions by players that beat the current system by far.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Yeah, they have to do something about titles, but like others said, there has to be another kind of 'reward' for winning, and people will still run because they don't want to go through rez and get buffed all over again. That part of pvp is no fun whatsoever...Btw Highjack very good points I'm gonna add it to my sig
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Kaiousama
    Yeah, they have to do something about titles, but like others said, there has to be another kind of 'reward' for winning, and people will still run because they don't want to go through rez and get buffed all over again. That part of pvp is no fun whatsoever...Btw Highjack very good points I'm gonna add it to my sig
    um. if you want I can volunteer to take away your title, so you can start having fun I mean
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

I agree PvP titles BAD
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Excusing my freshman title i got thru solo play, and briefly had Rookie(24 hours) I find as a NT it aint satisfying solo PVP.......but then I got to Novice in Camelot.....wonder if nuking kels everywhere would be considered farming.......was cutting down 7 or 8 clan with 3 to 4 kels......felt like it was farming......swish...there goes two more swish......wooot look at that 3 more fell.

Personally wouldnt mind the titles going but its nice to have a head count......even though most that PVP against me only fear me or Nts in general in closed spaces mass battles.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

I do Agree with Both of your arguments, a solution would be to Establish Win/lost Records without the Loss portion. Everyone would be to damn scared, everyone would want to be 10000-0 but just establish a win record and make it so you dont get your win by killing lvl 75's with your 200 but you can kill them. Make it you must killppl within 20lvls of you to receiev a Kill Pt

Command to show off how uber you really are..

/LEET

Ex. Syndacate has 1121 Kills

This System is already in the Game so its not like funcom has to do alot to implement this. Funcom decided to add Titles instead of just showing How many ppl you have killed which some ppl think is kewl but I would much rather see how mnay ppl i have killed andbe able to show other ppl vs some stupid title saying Rookie
    Aykaziel

Syndacate

Lucavii