Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how bad is pvp for you now?

hmm well granted best was an exaggeration, but so are your comments...

U don't have CH, nor GA4

but u DID have 65% crit, 1100+ evades, and healing abilities...You were one of the top 4 PvP classes, I still think a well played MA could have taken a doc before this patch....so u might have been higher than top 4 even...and u were best PvM class, cause u'd crit like mofos...

whine whine whine I can't do damage with out critting....
    life sucks. FC nerfs to much, deal with it....
    U want CH? be a doc
    U want GA4? Be a fixer
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

65% crit's ? what, are you on friggin drugs ?

1100 evades? gimme some of what you are smoking. sure, i got 1100 in ONE evade. rest of the implants conflict so that my other 2 are under 1k.

evades don't mean jack when you get nailed for 1800 regular damage.

sigh

this thread right here is why u all will never get what u want from this game. This guy garzini has a point - MAs have been seriously nerfed in PvP this patch. SERIOUSLY. I am not even an MA (well, i got an MA alt i never play). It doesnt matter what profession it is. thats not the point. Roots as they are are just plain cheesy. If i was a rooter i wouldnt wanna beat an enf that way (im not an enf either). Crit nerfs may be good overall, but they do completely disregard MAs.
    U all keep shoutin for nerfs, or for not nerfing your precious uberness of the day, but u are all only shouting for yourselves. If funcom ever reads this - and im sure they wont, but they must read SOME feedback threads - they will be totally confused about what people want, because all the feedback is the same: "Make my character/class/prof uberer than the others!"
    very few were the people who supported fixers when they were so rediculously bad it was a sad joke that no1 told. If u would all push funcom to make more BALANCE and quit griping about how "we suffered so shove yer problems", then maybe we would all be good at PvP - maybe then, it would all depend on how good a player u were, and a little luck....maybe...

So BUMP for this MA who earned the right to not die automatically just cuz a rooter had the "brains" to go to Fair Trade and buy a ql3 root program for 2k creds.
    And shame on u ethernal for makin fun of him - u should know better than any that engies will need the help of all players to ever get pet pathing fixed. Those who live in glass houses blah blah blah...
    wouldnt u rather lose a fair game than win a rigged 1? If not, maybe u should play 1player games
    And for 1ce, pls all resist the urge to lash out and flame me cuz yer pissed about yer character and actually read the post - u know im right, we need to start supporting ALL classes and making PvP fair for all - not just our own class. as it stands, funcom doesnt do what is fair, they do what will keep the most players playing - can u blame them? If we all post "whines" to balance PvP (and not just for our own interests), then they will do it.
    Last edited by Bartleby; Nov 12th, 2002 at 08:49:26.

Re: Re: how bad is pvp for you now?

Originally posted by Crepuscular

Want an ego boost? I'll log Compost on and you can beat me up for a while. Try being an MP in PvP. Very rough. I zoned into the arena the other day to watch a duel between some friends. 2 lvl 160's clan (of course) MA's ganked me so fast that the "PvP Grace period is over" message was still on my screen when I died..and no it wasn't a lag issue.
    Err the 1st non sol neo was angelic ,maybe you need to get your set up right =p

Well with my crat i havent been able to successfully pvp since day 1 of the game, thats 16 months of gimpness.

You whine after only a week, wow!

Face it, the tables turn every now and then, most of you that complains have been very good at pvp from time to time, I have never been good at it as a crat.

I still aint good at pvp now at least i can root you. Still cant hit you that often but thats another problem.

MA crit: 24% UVC + 3% Base + 4% TTS + 15% scope + 2% GoC = 48%

Now: 24%.

Evades can be 1100 at lvl 200 with RI.

They aren't that supergimp like engie or crat; they did loose the top of the pvp list.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: Re: Re: how bad is pvp for you now?

Originally posted by Razers

Err the 1st non sol neo was angelic ,maybe you need to get your set up right =p
    Back in the days of UVC a engy could be neo. All it took was an ithaca, crit buff, scope and a lot of time on your hands Same with people saying crats are good pvpers because of wenzell (Same thing)

Re: Re: Re: Re: how bad is pvp for you now?

Originally posted by Whaambulance

Back in the days of UVC a engy could be neo. All it took was an ithaca, crit buff, scope and a lot of time on your hands Same with people saying crats are good pvpers because of wenzell (Same thing)
    I love you Whaambulance

Seriously though, you hit the head on the nail.

Wenzell had da sk33l tho... amazingly what tactics (s)he used, (s)he could beat almost anyone 1 on 1. every prof can be good at pvp, just gotta find out what strengths your class has.

As for MAs, there should be a way to resist/break roots easier...
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Originally posted by Letah
    MA crit: 24% UVC + 3% Base + 4% TTS + 15% scope + 2% GoC = 48%

Now: 24%.

Evades can be 1100 at lvl 200 with RI.

They aren't that supergimp like engie or crat; they did loose the top of the pvp list.
    ok, if everyone else is running around with these items, how bout someone giving me a friggin LLTs and 2 GoC .

god dammit i'm so sick and tired of everyone assuming we all have LLTS ! you tell me where they drop, or give me 100 + mil and maybe i'll have one. until then leave them out of the friggin equation.

Originally posted by Punkbum
    Wenzell had da sk33l tho... amazingly what tactics (s)he used, (s)he could beat almost anyone 1 on 1. every prof can be good at pvp, just gotta find out what strengths your class has.

As for MAs, there should be a way to resist/break roots easier...
    I dont know what to say, that is one false comment, sure he was god but almost any proffesion could take him out.

1. UVC made everyone more of equals in pvp
    2. Tactics involving getting two pets at the same time using an exploit
    3. Charming pets, sicking them on a target then zone out (this does not work anymore before the pet stayed on the target, now it zones with you)

That is three reasons that made Wenzell remotely good, none of the work today.

Crats still cant pvp we are even worse now then before except for roots.

Sorry for not staying on-topic.

i thought i wrote my post in past time ?!
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

I understand the problems you encounter.
    And I must admit I have rather large problems grasping what Fc was thinking this patch.
    They stated the reason for the crit nerf was that they wanted pvp fights to last longer and let strategy be part of the whole combat aspect.
    Here's the first sort of concept I can't really see the logic of, why did they then nerf bracers? They could have nerfed the bracers reflect damage instead, and then have pvp fights last a lot longer.
    Another thing I do not get is, if what they wanted with this crit nerf was to make pvp fights much longer, and more strategy in the fights, then why implement new weapons that do insane damage without criting.
    Enchanced Queen Blade & Manex are the best examples of this. The capacity of these weapons to do insane damage without criting, and are so completely far away from creating what Fc used as an excuse from critnerf as you can get.
    I'm however not trying to whine about those weapons, and getting them nerfed, I just have a huge problem trying to see the logic or thoughts of this.
    Nerfing crits did perhaps make some professions capable of doing a lot less damage in pvp, which as far as I can see was the intention, but overall, when giving other professions weapons that do sick damage without crit, it doesn't really lead to any balance, or make any difference.
    All it does is making pvp suck for different professions than earlier.

A tad fed up with the constant contradictions and unbalance brought in to every patch. They fix 5 problems and create 10 new....
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Yup, Wenzell wasnt hard to kill, she was good esp considering she was a crat, but her tactics were sploiting or borderlines. She also couldn't admit she was attacked and killed fair and square; "I was alpha-ed by soldier" "I had 5 ppl on me" etc was often said while there was no-1 around even

Garzini, it isnt that hard ot get a scope as high lvl. Also if I cant calc the scope fine then use an 8%, will only matter (15-7)/2 crit chance in pvp.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Punkbum
    i thought i wrote my post in past time ?!
    Yeah sure write in any tempus you want.

Engies and Crats are worthless in pvp and always have been and noone cares, MAs on the other hand whine after a week. And it seems like they want sympathy.

I totally agree that MAs had a serious downgrading opposed to how it was before, but they arent at the bottom of the foodchain like crats and engies have been since day 1.

As said, tables turn every now and then MAs were bad, then good and now they are bad again. But still not like engies and crats who were bad then got worse and now they at least can sucessfully root and run. Well engies cant, they are even worse off than us.

Originally posted by Letah
    Yup, Wenzell wasnt hard to kill, she was good esp considering she was a crat, but her tactics were sploiting or borderlines. She also couldn't admit she was attacked and killed fair and square; "I was alpha-ed by soldier" "I had 5 ppl on me" etc was often said while there was no-1 around even

Garzini, it isnt that hard ot get a scope as high lvl. Also if I cant calc the scope fine then use an 8%, will only matter (15-7)/2 crit chance in pvp.
    letah, the crit difference is unimportant to me. i don't care if i have 2% more or 10% less chance then the next guy. i have fought and killed people that had 2x the crit chance i do, that's not the problem.

the problem is with 24% crit, i crit.
    with 12% crit, i DO NOT crit. that's the problem. i don't crit 1/2 as much as before, i crit even less. usually only 1 time per fight. now that's a very big disadvantage since my fist damage is so horrible.

might be a different story if i could do better normal damage but ma's are like an ithaca. crit or die.

anyone that doesn't believe me, run the damage calculator with an ma, adv, enf, trader, nt and even an engi. everyone cancel crit buffs and get rid of crit enhancing items and i'm sure you will see.

Hmm

Summary of the "improvements" ma's got within the patch:
    - pvp damage output significally reduced (approx 50%)
    - roots and nanoresist not working
    - pathetic damage output of bows (still)

The only way ma can do reasonable amount of damage is when we do critical hit, and our average damage is low, so by taking away ma's ability to crit .. the large chunk of our damage was taken away. And as Garzini pointed out .. the others do "normal" hits for more then ma's can critical hit for ..

Also please take LLTS'es out of the equation while estimating ma damage output ... since those are being nerfed ... besides LLTS == NO EVADES, ma takes much more damage.

On heals .. ma can heal 600-1000 damage every 8 seconds, during the time we are usually take 2-3k damage.

Voyevode.

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Voy
    Summary of the "improvements" ma's got within the patch:
    - pvp damage output significally reduced (approx 50%)
    - roots and nanoresist not working
    - pathetic damage output of bows (still)

The only way ma can do reasonable amount of damage is when we do critical hit, and our average damage is low, so by taking away ma's ability to crit .. the large chunk of our damage was taken away. And as Garzini pointed out .. the others do "normal" hits for more then ma's can critical hit for ..

Also please take LLTS'es out of the equation while estimating ma damage output ... since those are being nerfed ... besides LLTS == NO EVADES, ma takes much more damage.

On heals .. ma can heal 600-1000 damage every 8 seconds, during the time we are usually take 2-3k damage.

Voyevode.

Roots and NR works very well. You are wrong here. Bows do very good dmg - you are also wrong here. MA need some way to get better resist to roots & get better dmg to first in PvP - you are here. Better resist to roots - but not colmpletely invulnerability like enforcers...

Talking Re: Hmm

Originally posted by Chromatorg

Roots and NR works very well. You are wrong here. Bows do very good dmg - you are also wrong here. ..
    On roots:
    I might agree with you on NR you If I could resist a root at least once in 10 attempts while being in full defense.

On bows:
    Which of the bows are you talking about?

just too illustrate my point.. recently I was testing 2 bows which got "improved" by the patch .

Voyevode+ ql 200 Exocet II bow + a sandworm (a grey mob) == took me 3 mins to kill poor thing

Voyevode + ql 200 Exocet II bow + a Cyborg General (a yellow mob) == reclaim ...- this was a sophisticated way to commit suicide (note I can kill those with ease using just fists)

Similar results with Venom Compound Bow ... umm eheh. I did not bother to test out Schuler Bow since it has almost the same listed parameters as Exocet, and I cannot self-equip ql 200 one. I did not have a chance to test a pow bow, I need to roll some missions to find one and do tests .. but it was already reported on ma board that it still sux.
    So .. I am really curious ...which of the bows does decent damage? ... um bows of course not the xbows (not the agent's ones rifle+bow weapons). Maybe the howling bow which isnt in the game yet (if ever)?

Voyevode.

There is still pvp in AO? I thought they nerfed it in 14.5
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast