Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how bad is pvp for you now?

how bad is pvp for you now?

for me, it's almost impossible now. with my 200 and under damage i can't kill anyone. with the weapons like manex, eqb, hellspinner and x-3 that aren't crit reliant, i go down so fast it makes me sick.

when i hit for less than the combined reflected damage of my target i get very depressed. when that target then starts to hit me for 1200-1800 non crit damage i get mad.

list your proffesion, the problems you have and make some suggestions for fixes in this thread.

i'm 197 ma
    problems are unacceptably low fist damage, bows are a bad joke, reflected damage is better than my fist damage, weapons that hit me for 6-800 more than i even crit for.

suggestions:
    raise fist damage
    fix bows, need much faster equip times, lower req's so they can actually be equipped, and some real damage and specials please.
    lower or eliminate reflected damage in pvp.

Whine, whine, whine... lol. Stop spamming the forum please, Garzini.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    ~Chris
    I'm sorry, I just can't understand this. The guy is stating problems he's encountering and looking for suggestions to overcome those problems. I hope he finds them, so he can get back to having fun in what is, after all, a source of entertainment.

NM - I made this post before I realized you were on a bit of a flurry of posts.
    Last edited by Vydas; Nov 10th, 2002 at 17:32:51.

The spam is from the fact that this is what, the third thread garzini has made on this subject.

IMO the best option for an MA fix would be boosting bows. Raising fist damage would just make MAs even more uber in PvM.

Originally posted by Megabio
    ~Chris
    i will post on this until it either gets resolved or my account expires. people spamming posts is how i got nerfed in the first place. if they can do it to be heard, so can i.

Bump for this.
    - Heiwa
    Permanently retired, thanks for 6 years of AO fun

17 days till u shut-it ?
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    The spam is from the fact that this is what, the third thread garzini has made on this subject.

IMO the best option for an MA fix would be boosting bows. Raising fist damage would just make MAs even more uber in PvM.
    you cant be uber i pvm... the game wont be unbalanct if somone dose uber damge in pvm.. my NT suckt form lvl 100-130 but i had no problems lvling or finding teams..
    w00p w00p!!

A real problem?

So, I assume that you have really looked into the damage over time-ratio for your fists+special moves? There are far too many guys complaining about their "lousy damage", and compairing their 3 attacks/sec with a dang sledgehammer or something. I sure hope this is NOT the case here....

I am better in pvp then i was before.. not by a whole lot but i can now stand a chance against fixers (EvenGA4) enforcers and MA's.

last patch i couldnt touch one of them at all.

last patch it was different professions whining..

all you MA's that are so upset.. dont you think that soldier went from one of the best pvp professions to one of the worst and stayed there for a VERY long time?

it is the nature of FC.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Yeppers, it is the nature of FC. That's why we're screaming bloody murder since they are going to push the PvP oriented Notum Wars out pretty soon.

It's a game mechanics unbalance, where roots are too powerful against a melee opponent. None of the defences are viable; MA's cant resist roots, we cant break roots and our ranged weaponry, bows, suffer from a lack of damage, range and they have bad attack rating.

Add in the snazzy critnerf in PvP, and you have MA's (supposedly one of the more damagedealing professions) being outdamaged by, uh, everybody.

Melee Advs, MA Engies/MP's/Docs suffer from the same problem and I'm surprised they aint shouting more.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Hi, i suck.

... That is all
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

Re: A real problem?

Originally posted by D-Cypher
    So, I assume that you have really looked into the damage over time-ratio for your fists+special moves? There are far too many guys complaining about their "lousy damage", and compairing their 3 attacks/sec with a dang sledgehammer or something. I sure hope this is NOT the case here....
    what 3 attacks per second are you refering to? ma's don't have 3 attacks that hit that fast.

lets see. we have some ma attacks that can't be used with weapons. so if i hit you with attack of snake for 400 pts, brawl, dimach i guess i can do that in less than a second. only problem is, AoS takes awhile to recharge, brawl does too and dimach takes 30 minutes. so i guess i can hit 3 times/sec every 30 minutes. doesn't make me out damage anyone.

as far as damage over time goes. there are only 2 ways we can deal damage over time. first, we must crit. if we don't crit our damage sucks. second, we must survive and we can't do that if everyone is able to hit us for 1k-1800 damage each shot.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    I am better in pvp then i was before.. not by a whole lot but i can now stand a chance against fixers (EvenGA4) enforcers and MA's.

all you MA's that are so upset.. dont you think that soldier went from one of the best pvp professions to one of the worst and stayed there for a VERY long time?

it is the nature of FC.
    yes, i agree and i also disagree with you nothinman. before uvc was made self only, soldiers were completely untouchable to me. after that, i split duels with them about 50/50. some soldiers i always killed and others walked all over me like i wasn't even there. makes me think it wasn't a soldier issue as much as a setup issue. really though, i don't know much about soldiers in pvp so i can't make an informed comment on that.

soldiers never were easy to kill. they were challenging and yet not impossible. soldier vs. ma seemed very balanced if both parties knew what they were doing.

which brings me to another point, most of the whiners calling for nerf in pvp are people that only pvp once in awhile, or who have just started pvping. anybody i know that has been pvp'ing for a long enough time to actually know what to do disagree's with them. only problem is, the whiners cry louder for nerf than we do against them.

Re: how bad is pvp for you now?

Originally posted by garzini
    for me, it's almost impossible now. with my 200 and under damage i can't kill anyone. with the weapons like manex, eqb, hellspinner and x-3 that aren't crit reliant, i go down so fast it makes me sick.

when i hit for less than the combined reflected damage of my target i get very depressed. when that target then starts to hit me for 1200-1800 non crit damage i get mad.

list your proffesion, the problems you have and make some suggestions for fixes in this thread.

i'm 197 ma
    problems are unacceptably low fist damage, bows are a bad joke, reflected damage is better than my fist damage, weapons that hit me for 6-800 more than i even crit for.

suggestions:
    raise fist damage
    fix bows, need much faster equip times, lower req's so they can actually be equipped, and some real damage and specials please.
    lower or eliminate reflected damage in pvp.
    Want an ego boost? I'll log Compost on and you can beat me up for a while. Try being an MP in PvP. Very rough. I zoned into the arena the other day to watch a duel between some friends. 2 lvl 160's clan (of course) MA's ganked me so fast that the "PvP Grace period is over" message was still on my screen when I died..and no it wasn't a lag issue.

PvP for me:

My lvl 148 MA: crappy, can still own people but is fairly hard

My 160 agent: Uber.

Originally posted by Nothinman

it is the nature of FC.
    You may be right, but that isn't any reason not to inform FC about it. I saw numerous posts from soldiers, i still do - do you think anything would have been done if no one spoke up? or the fixers even, the community banded together to make a voice that FC couldn't ignore.

However, soldier was never outdamaged by any other profession. Compared to the state the MA is in right now, the soldier has been better off at all times i would say.

Identify the problems they're facing:

*Nerfed crits. Their whole game is crit or nothing. The ithaca and river6 users have the option to switch to a non-crit dependant weapon. MA's do not, and the current bow they're using is clearly not enough.
    *The ONLY ranged weapon they used was nerfed (xbow)
    *Shen sucks now
    *Roots stick, no way to break them
    *Weapons that are out can do more damage normally than a ma can in a crit. Now im not saying a QB or a manex hits for 1k all the time, but its possible and on certain profs, i have noticed mostly on the enforcer and casting profs, i am able to get the highest hits with a manex fairly often.
    *The weapons in question are moderately slow, but when the init fix comes, their speed will be insane.

It seems to me that the biggest problem with MAs is their lack of ability to crit now. Usually in games, if you have close combat it does more than ranged because you have to get up close to your opponent, you can't just stand there and attack like you can with ranged weaponry. A MA's regular damage never exceeds usually what is a 'crappy hit' on an ithaca. These crit weapons, not just fists but guns too, are doing less crit damage than weapons that can do more or the same as the guns would do in crits. There was no need to half critical chance like they have now. The issue is also not at all long fights. If long fights were intended, then soldiers would have been given a healing nano greater than omhh, bracers wouldnt have been touched by FC, and there would not be weapons that could kill a person in 4 hits. 'Long fights' is a ridiculous idea when there is zones everywhere and the person will survive longer to be a meatshield to break a root so they can run to a bunker.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I think that while the MA's may be in trouble....I still doubt that though, haven't fought 1 since patch...........that they shouldn't complain

u were the uberest prof FOR A DAMN LONG TIME, u don't have to buy new weapons, your the cheapest prof, and one of the best....deal with it. Enf were never "the best" and we're just fine

can u not handle being "the best" regardless? cause thats all I hear....

Look at engies....they got SCREWED, as if they weren't already......and if u say, " Engies shouldn't PvP" u can cram it with walnuts, everyone should be able to PvP regardless of their choice of class.

Look at crats, they suck ass to, deal with not being the best prof. there is, ya friggin' 5 year old

MA's complaing.....theres something I never thought I'd hear
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

the best? how do you figure we were the best? lol

we are complaining cuz they took what is considered a semi balanced class and nerfed us to near oblivion for pvp.

i have been testing since the patch..and its very depressing..very.

i have not ONE kill in 1 on 1 fights yet since patch.

cept some very very greens.

as a matter of fact..since the patch i have died like 8 times. got one kill in arena that was a gray of all things cuz i was bored.

pre patch i was OK at pvp. better then some..not as good as others.

now im not as good as anyone. only proff i havent fought since patch was an engi and an MP.

every other prof owned me..some owned me HARD..like embarrasing.

never were ma's the best in pvp. lol where do you get this information man ? we were ok, the only reason ma's have such a reputation for being awesome is that all of you are simply jealous that we have crit buffs and you don't. don't deny it, this is the tone of almost every post in these forums.

enforcers were never the best ? dude, you need to learn how to pvp. some of the hardest fights and quickest losses i had were to enforcers. if ma's were at the top, then how is it that enforcers usually kicked my butt ?

of course, if you don't know what you are doing you are going to lose. better to go learn the tactics of pvp before you start complaining that we are whining too much. pvp is NOT pvm. you can't just stand there swap hit's you have to figure out your opponents weakness's and take advantage of them. if you don't know your enemy, rest assured you're gonna visit the reclaim.

some of the best pvp ma's are in here and we are all mad. we even have the support of other's that pvp alot and actually know the mechanics of it. the reason they support us is that they know the real deal. maybe you should listen to them and you may learn something. may even learn how to pvp with your toon.

you can't just jump into pvp and expect to win. it doesn't work that way. you must die over and over and over until you figure out the right combination of moves that will not only keep you alive but ensure victory. it took me over 6 months of pvp'ing to make apprentice and it amazes me that most of the whining about how uber ma's are is comiing from pvp noobs. this is what fc is basing their nerfs on and that's why we are so bent out of shape.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast