Thread: Did Steps of madness just get harder?

Did Steps of madness just get harder?

Just been into SOM since the last 2 patches and am I the only one that thinks its been made harder.

One thing I did notice with the the new con bars is that things in there that con grey have more hitpoints than my flawed gladiator bot which cons orange to me.

Anyne know if the other statics got increased in difficulty too?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

SoM has *always* had gray mobs with insane HP.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Yes, they made a typo on what level the dungeon was intended for. (They said 30-40, when they meant it was for 130-140.)
    ~Chris

I could solo my way through SoM at level 108, with Restite and a ql123 pet.

Forgot to debuff neleb, so he pulled out his uber 98% reflect shield (has a req of 247 t&s, "hiding in memory"), and chaincasted that ****. Luckily I had just recast my pet so I nailed him in about 8-10 minutes.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

I soloed it last week at lvl 112. Sadly my mochams ran out at neleb so I couldnt kill him. Thank god he is calmable atleast.

at lvl 72, in 14.5, it took me about 50 minutes to take out Neleb & co myself. biggest problem was running out of nano (i'm an mp) so anytime my pets were almost done i did lots of sweatin, but luckily i was able to be free of aggro enough times to recharge (and live).

i guess the key was knocking out all the little guys first (the fake memory(?) i can't remember their names), to reduce the potential number of mobs aggroing me.

and didn't know about the t&s based reflect shield neleb casts. that might have been part of why it took so long.

If you have mezz, the key is mezzing all Nelebs horde and then drawing Neleb out into the hall to fight alone.