Thread: Mantis armor ql 123+

Mantis armor ql 123+

Anyone seen Mantis armor higher than 123? I have a 123 Mantis body and that is the highest I've seen.

We camped all the big mantis bosses out in PW for a few hours and they didn't drop anything. In fact, none of the Mantis outside of SD seem to drop the parts at all. Also, none of the ravagers or nano mantis inside SD dropped any parts either.

I'm hoping this armor goes up to QL 200.

So far only place I've seen it drop is SD. That's a shame really, just means more camping once again.

Would be much easier to perhaps lower drop rate by a (very) small percentage and put it on all mantises.
    Lovio - 140+ MA of the Mercury Dragons
    Maiu - Gamma Ejector wielding trader maniac - also loves to tradeskill and doesn't eat babies.

It dropped fairly often. What is a shame is that I don't think you can get it much higher than ql 123.

Take the lvl on the dungeon into consideration. Not much in there is highlvl, cept the Queen Blade. Anyhow, QL123 is a little bit low tho.

Still, if you read the description on the armor, it has to do with mantis, but more to do with the fact that they've been in the SD cave, where it has been in "contact with saturated cave soil" .. or something .. yeah .. k
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

It doesnt seem to drop higher than about 130ish. i have killed the queen a couple times since patch and no pieces drop on her and no pieces seem to drop from the high lvl ravagers or breeders in near rooms or in the queen room stelf (if they would it would be ql 200 armor since they are pretty high lvl mobs). So it seems they drop only from mantis near the beginning of the dungeon which are low lvl.
    - lvl 200 neutral agent -

I have a pair of ql140 pants -- that's the highest ql mantis item I've found.

Never found any mantis items (armor or gadgets) on mobs that were green to me (~140+), so I'm _almost_ convinced it doesn't drop of the bigger ones.

I'll test it out some more, but for now it seems:
    * Nano-mantis, Ravager, Hive guardian and Breeders
    - does not drop mantis items
    * Earthmelder
    - might drop mantis items (haven't seen any yet)
    * Worker, Runner, Forager, Digger, Drone, Scout
    - drops mantis items

I hope they change this in the future, as it is very nice looking on "slim" characters (as opposed to CAS, which looks better on strong characters).

- schma

ps: I've found several of the gadgets that come in variable ql (coxa, antenna, eye, mandibles), but have yet to see the Prothorax (sp?), which I believe is ql100 only. Has anyone seen this item yet? (it's a multislot item for soldiers -- neck/back/wrists).
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Originally posted by schma

Never found any mantis items (armor or gadgets) on mobs that were green to me (~140+), so I'm _almost_ convinced it doesn't drop of the bigger ones.

I'll test it out some more, but for now it seems:
    * Nano-mantis, Ravager, Hive guardian and Breeders
    - does not drop mantis items
    * Earthmelder
    - might drop mantis items (haven't seen any yet)
    * Worker, Runner, Forager, Digger, Drone, Scout
    - drops mantis items

I hope they change this in the future, as it is very nice looking on "slim" characters (as opposed to CAS, which looks better on strong characters).

- schma

ps: I've found several of the gadgets that come in variable ql (coxa, antenna, eye, mandibles), but have yet to see the Prothorax (sp?), which I believe is ql100 only. Has anyone seen this item yet? (it's a multislot item for soldiers -- neck/back/wrists).
    my freind lleets found a ql144 body today peice today, which is the highest iv seen so far.

Talking

Originally posted by Kiri

my freind lleets found a ql144 body today peice today, which is the highest iv seen so far.
    Acually it's ql 141 ;D close enough hehe well i got the abdomen off of an Earthmelder it adds 800ish ac's and 283 hp

Originally posted by schma
    I'll buy the pants off you if you're interested
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Originally posted by Lleet

Acually it's ql 141 ;D close enough hehe well i got the abdomen off of an Earthmelder it adds 800ish ac's and 283 hp
    close enough

I'm finding the drop rate to be pretty low, I've camped there several times already and I usually get 3-4 pieces every couple of hours. The highest part I've found is 127, where are the Earthmelder mobs?
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

I'm suprised there isn't more talk about this stuff. The AC is better than Elite, the reqs are lower than average for regular armor, and the chest gives more HP than MK II armor(!!) at ql 96. This seems to be teh uba for you lvl 74 twinkies.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

While I haven't been after this stuff, I recall at least one poster mentioning that the drop rate decreases the higher level the mob is, so, naturally, it gets rarer and rarer at higher QL's.

It exists in the db as QL 200, but of course that's normal, and doesn't mean it actually drops that high.

What does the manti armor look like?
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Wink

it looks like kevlar, with light silvery-greenish "details" on it. the helmet looks like an energized helmet, just in a .... greenish colour with some symbol at the front, perhaps an eye.

it is *really* good for twinkies, yes

also really good for neutrals with that lacking tokenboard. it adds hp (body) runspeed (boots) and nano (helmet)

i have found a piece or two on an earthmelder, but it really is easier to find ql77 than ql130.

the higher level mobs haven't dropped any for me yet either. meanies. clinging on to their deformed body parts!
    Gioia "Isabela" Sciutto
    Cate "Caitlin" Kerans
    Lakisha "Dairuna" Shone
    Zoe "Nestling" McClymonds

I'm pretty sure there's a screenshot of the full suit somewhere on the http://www.anarchyarcanum.com site

Yep - http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/armor_mantis.html
    Lovio - 140+ MA of the Mercury Dragons
    Maiu - Gamma Ejector wielding trader maniac - also loves to tradeskill and doesn't eat babies.

Looks *very* uber.

I like.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.