Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Possible Doc Nano?

Originally posted by Tas
    I think have enought fixer, and MA, why need give more and more item this class?

Pls dont forget the Docs, Engs,

Hello????

Have u played a MA?
    If u have, pls tell me about all our items, except the ma-suit, there are not much to tell about.

Try to use 1 day killing outdoor boss-mobs.
    You will find nanos and weapons for Advs, Sols, Enfs and Fixers.

MAs have 2 good weapons they could use, if any1 found them.
    Those are the new bow and west wind katana.

Funcom have nerfed mas real good in pvp. MAs do not have any "lollypops". According to feedback given to several MAs I know, there is no reason for us to get booster pack.
    So..if MAs dont get any new items to search for, whats the point playing AO?
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Shub;

Then don't. You'll experience what fixers who actively CHOOSE not to pursue GA experience.

People wonder why they don't want GA. They get pissy with you if you don't have it. They may even not team with you if you don't have it... despite the fact that a good non-GA fixer can usually be just as good as a good GA fixer.

They'll assume that every doctor has it, despite evidence to the contrary, and they'll count it as a defining portion of the class.

That bitterness out of my system...

Just because it exists doesn't mean you have to have it; its a lollipop, as we said, something EXTRA.

Don't be the rez ***** if you want to be the combat medic, but don't complain if you choose not to use it and people don't get why not.

As to it not being useful to yourself... it could be. Give it relatively low requirements, around what a doc of the 'appropriate' level would have if in rez-shock. They're going to level-lock it anyways... you could even have it have level requirements and require 8 in BM/MM only, effectively making it useful in anything except a nanoshutdown. Rezzing sucks just as bad if you're a doc as if you're anyone else.

I understand your point, but you ought to try looking at it the other way around; if it is implemented, do you have to use it, or are people just going to ask you to? If fixers can deal with the annoyance of being shut out of teams for not having GA (it does happen, unsurprisingly enough), you can deal with not being the rez ***** by your own choice, as opposed to removing the option from everyone else.

Got a better idea for a doc lollipop?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re: docs need more than lollypops

Originally posted by Wraith God

Another area that would be of interest is the ability to heal through obstacles. As a Doc I'm forever moving around trying to find the special spot where everyone is 'in range'; that is not behind a table or on the other side of the door. People have died because they fought in a corner I couldn't figure out how to access in time. Call it a hyper penetrating nano boost, and it allows your casts to have greater penetrating power than normal so they can pass through local obstacles. Yeah, team heals have better penetration than direct heals, but sometimes you need the added power of the direct heal, and you need it fast. [/B]
    Yup, Funcom...
    Go fix the out-of range bug completely.
    You know that this is crappy programming, at least you recently fixed the out-of-range bug with the tables you can find in the missions...

Read more about this and other bugs in my postings on http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=8

Have fun!

Katerchen

Cuz healing through walls makes sense...

I can't shoot through em (mobs can, but they aren't *supposed* to), you can't heal through em.

Fair enough, that one. LOS. Learn it, love it. And tell your teammates to keep their ***es in view.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Cuz healing through walls makes sense...

Fair enough, that one. LOS. Learn it, love it. And tell your teammates to keep their ***es in view.
    Ok, agree that LOS is fine; if LOS made sense. Walls, sure. Tables, boxes, pipes, no way. LOS means, 'Line of Sight. If I can see them, then I have line of sight. There are just so many failures of LOS even in the open. Somebody standing on a bridge? You gotta be standing on the bridge too to heal them. Somebody in the water? You gotta be in the water. The list goes on. Fix LOS, fine, then yeah, I don't need a hyper penetrating nano. Leave LOS broken, and I sure do.

Your other suggestion for teammates to keep in my view is just dumb. Sorry. There is no way you can fight like that. A Mob's in a corner? You gotta be there too. Especially for melee. But LOS affects ranged attackers as well as healers. So everyone is moving around trying to find a spot they can attack from, and they sure can't worry about where I am.

I always tell a doc, the first time I team with them; "If I'm not in your LoS, don't worry about me. I'll get myself out of harms way if I have to, or I'll get my a** back into LoS."

Docs need to abide by the exact same LoS rules as mobs and players do. Obviously. You don't need a "penetrating" heal. You need teammates who either don't put themselves where they can't be healed, or accept the consequence.

I understand what you mean when you say sometimes mobs are in corners and you have to be there too to hit them... but why AREN'T you there? You standing back not hitting the mob? Most docs may not do a ton of damage, but they still put themselves in LoS of the mob to add a little help... and if you're in LoS of the mob, you should be in LoS of the players hitting the mob.

I'm certainly not against an LoS fix, but don't ask me to support allowing people to execute nanos through walls.

And Shub; If I'm going to go through the trouble of giving 11/12 professions a lollipop, I'm damn well gonna get the 12th.

Personally, I'd like anything, lollipop or not. Whatever that means. I mean, honestly, can anyone name a Doc only weapon or Armor type? I can't. Well, not entirely true, I can name the Ambitious suit, but thats nanomage doc only, so I don't really count that as it cuts out three other races. I don't know if it even exists anymore.

Sure, you can say we get little crappy items that add to our treatment/first aid, but we have enough of that as it is. Biomech armor would be nice if it was Doc only, but its for anyone with psy/sta, I see all sorts of classes wearing it.

The Doc class literally gets nothing unique to them thats worth anything. And yet we're required on most high level missions and pvp battles like Tarasque. So we have to be there to help everyone, but don't get anything back in return. Is that really fair?

Please Funcom, wake up and hand the Docs something. I love my Doc, but I can't help thinking that its neglected.

Originally posted by Majikall
    Please Funcom, wake up and hand the Docs something. I love my Doc, but I can't help thinking that its neglected.
    I've been around this game for a very long time. Professions seem to me to be neglected for one of two reasons:

1. Funcom can't decide what to do with them/about them;

2. They are largely in better shape, relatively speaking, than the other professions, including those that fall into category 1.

In some cases, professions that fall into category 1 have been waiting literally forever to be brought up to par.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12