Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots Of New Info On Shadowlands And Notum Wars

oh stop complaining.... Go to your mommy

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

I must say this isn't excatly what i wanted to do either.

What do i mean?

Well, The Metaphysical end of things like wizards and stuff isn't for me. Why whould they go there? I mean i joined this MMORPG for one reason. It was the only one with "GUNS, GUNS, And more GUNS". If i wanted to play with mystical magic staffs or crystalized bows or a Long sword and Shield. Only then i would of gone Ashrons Call. There that kinda games masters.. I play AO cause it's the FUTURE MMORPG. Guns/ Shields/ Lasers.. / Cloaks..

I could go un.. but then again i'm sounding like SWG's. hmm That sounds like funn. So where is AO going again? either way there not going to seem to keep my attention. Others kick it's but. So I'm assuming they want some of both. Modern (guns) and MAgical "Staffs"? who knows .. *sigh* i'm tired..

~herich~ out.

Re: Postings are like....

Originally posted by Typothetae
    For instance, what are the skill requirements to cast a Controller
    Actually, the Controller, (as most of the org towers) are either built or bought. Mech Eng and possibley Elect Eng will be needed.
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Re

Follow the link on the side of the official Shadowlands site and you get this, a copy paste>

....Deep inside the shadows, in the dark stretches beyond the laws of physics, is where it all began... Once the Garden of Eden, now a paradise lost – twisted, broken, and far away from any god – the Shadowlands is where all the answers lie... for those brave enough to ask.

They are the origin of what makes Rubi-Ka different, and important. It is where the notum flows, in its pure, liquid form, providing the energy for the unique resurrection technology, but it is also the cradle of human history, which is about to go full circle.....

THE garden of eden, not a, don't like that one bit. Keep the religious crap out of AO please. Human history going full circle? bah..., and beyond the laws of physics?

Doesn't sound good IMO. I can stomach some added meta physical content, but save the GvE , especially if its going to be tempered with modern day religious myth.

/rude

Re: Re

Originally posted by Herich
    I must say this isn't excatly what i wanted to do either.

What do i mean?

Well, The Metaphysical end of things like wizards and stuff isn't for me. Why whould they go there? I mean i joined this MMORPG for one reason. It was the only one with "GUNS, GUNS, And more GUNS". If i wanted to play with mystical magic staffs or crystalized bows or a Long sword and Shield. Only then i would of gone Ashrons Call. There that kinda games masters.. I play AO cause it's the FUTURE MMORPG. Guns/ Shields/ Lasers.. / Cloaks..

I could go un.. but then again i'm sounding like SWG's. hmm That sounds like funn. So where is AO going again? either way there not going to seem to keep my attention. Others kick it's but. So I'm assuming they want some of both. Modern (guns) and MAgical "Staffs"? who knows .. *sigh* i'm tired..

~herich~ out.
    Here's an update

Nano = Mana
    Nano-Program = Spell

And if you want to see a Wizard's Staff, check out the MP's Creation Weapons sometime.

There's a lot of fantasy stuff already in AO, just masquerading under a different name. Oftentimes, it's not even that hidden. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen an NT throw a fireball. Yes, a fireball, that's what some of their nukes look like. So sci-fi.

Originally posted by Xhalru
    Follow the link on the side of the official Shadowlands site and you get this, a copy paste>

....Deep inside the shadows, in the dark stretches beyond the laws of physics, is where it all began... Once the Garden of Eden, now a paradise lost – twisted, broken, and far away from any god – the Shadowlands is where all the answers lie... for those brave enough to ask.

They are the origin of what makes Rubi-Ka different, and important. It is where the notum flows, in its pure, liquid form, providing the energy for the unique resurrection technology, but it is also the cradle of human history, which is about to go full circle.....

THE garden of eden, not a, don't like that one bit. Keep the religious crap out of AO please. Human history going full circle? bah..., and beyond the laws of physics?

Doesn't sound good IMO. I can stomach some added meta physical content, but save the GvE , especially if its going to be tempered with modern day religious myth.

/rude
    Like OT v The Clans hasn't been some sort of GvE all along. And isn't a lot of sci-fi speculating about what could happen, going beyond the laws of physics? How much sci-fi involves Faster Than Light travel? Warp Speed, anyone?

I'd suggest those who want to make up their minds now, and don't like the direction they see AO going, based on very preliminary, and very incomplete information, that they leave now. If you don't like the little bit of info out so far about Shadowlands, which could change between now and then, well, no-one's making you give your money to Funcom.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Some people just don't like to be surprised. Do you people find all your Christmas presents beforehand and wonder why you aren't surprised? When I pickup my copy of Notum Wars and eventually Shadowlands I'm gonna be glad they didn't tell us everything. I'm glad they don't give the specs on all the tower buffs at all ql ranges. I wanna be in game and then shiz my pants when I see stuff. And I want that Stilletto!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by wrecklass
    Well, for me personally, it is because I don't expect to be playing the game very long. I signed up with the seven day trial, and decided it would be worth playing for a couple of months while waiting for one of the other games that are coming out. I like many aspects of AO, but probably not enough to stay with it.

I have some specific objectives I want to complete, and after that I suspect it will get boring quickly. There just isn't enough depth to the game to keep me interested.

OTOH, the article doesn't reveal much that isn't already known. The Notum wars booster doesn't add much to the game, and they don't say much about Shadowlands.

You can only read the response "I can't say much about that" so many times.
    noob, go back to your EQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12