Thread: some1 can plz explain it to me again....

Angry some1 can plz explain it to me again....

why the hell is it made this way?

me, a litle nice and frindly neutral engi is walking through omni
    territorry, enjoying the view.
    gets attacked by a little filthy green ot mob, and then killed by a big red ot guard........

! I HATE IT !

so can some1 plz explain to me again why that is made this way?
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Neutrals are royal messed over in this game. The only thing I can think of is the FunCom never imagined people would stay neutral for long. It was just for those folks that couldn't decide at char creation time. Instead, we have folks that are loyal neutrals as if it's a 3rd faction.

I think these unpleasantries are supposed to help encourage you to join one of the sides.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

to encourage me to join one of the sides.....???

but i know only 1 other side besides the neutrals.
    and why should i join the ocs.
    why should i join a group of criminals who kill peaceful civilians?
    Free Souls
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

I think neutrals should be a third faction. There should be content for them, and they should in no way be forced to change sides at some point.

I saw someone say one time on the boards here (forgot who it was) that playing as a neutral is playing the game on the "hard" difficulty. So maybe that's what the original intention was: to give the game a "hard" setting for those who wanted an extra challenge.

If that wasn't the original intention, though...I really think there should be something original for them. Not token boards exactly (other two sides already have that) but maybe something like the ability to hire out as a mercenary. (I think I'll start a thread on that in the "suggestions" section)
    Last edited by Tyndareus; Nov 12th, 2002 at 04:07:15.

I've no problem with making them a third faction, just don't call them neutral then.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I think many of you are forgeting that Neutrals are their to give people a chance to deside what side they want to join. That was the idia in the first place. Hypos had it right. Its suposed to be hard to be Neutral, and they never intended people to stay Neutral long. They figured some would stay Neutral but most would choose a side. Asking for things to be fair is reasonable but you also need to remember that being Neutral is not easy, you get to choose a side but neather side realy trusts you till you sign the paper. Who knows if you are just being nice to give the Clans or Omni info on the other side? If you choose to stay Neutral the whole time then thats your choice and that voice does need to be heard to some dagree. But it should never be a large voice and not a faction at all. Funcom wanted this game to be a war between the Clans and Omni, not Clans vs Omni with Neutrals attacking whom ever they want. Not that what you want is to be able to do that but the resault is similer. Play Neutral for a while and get the hang of the game, then choose a side if you don't like the pains of not being trusted. That was their intent with Neutrals. As for the rest, its debatable and I think funcom is doing a good job of keeping with their original idia, for the most part.

No hostility here just answering the question to the best of my ability and knowlage.