Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove "DELETE CHARACTER" Option please..

Remove "DELETE CHARACTER" Option please..

The Loader Menue is awful designed. The "Delete Character" Button is very BIG and exactly above the arrow you need to chose the characters. while we click hundert times on that arrows (at least some ppl do) when you are not concentrated you could by error delete a valuable character.

please move the delete button to a more human position, or make an option to use a mask without that button.
    Niraxtc

100% killer 33% achiever 33% socializer 33% explorer

It asks you if you are sure you want to delete it
    It would be very hard to accidently delete a charachter

Originally posted by Myers
    It would be very hard to accidently delete a charachter
    I bet I could do it.
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

Relocate it... don't remove it. Such as putting it on the bottom left side of the screen totally and completely on the oppisite side of the screen.

you'd have to be pretty stupid to accidently delete your own character seeing as it makes you confirm deletion.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

you dont have to be stupid to press yes on a question-tab your computer gives you. often you are just in a rush to do something, may think the tab is of some other problem and press yes on it.

of course i dont want it removed, but a realocation of the button or making it smaller would already make my day.

i use computers since 1988 and cant remember how countless times i deleted important stuff pressing "delete:yes/no" or whatever when i was assuming (you assume as human beeing, which gives you speed, but lets you also fail hard when failing)
    what the tab actually wanted rather than actually reading and understanding its meaning

the position of the button is simply awful. theres plenty empty desert in the patcher windows and theres no reason to put it some mm above an arrow you have to use
    Niraxtc

Anyone who answers "Yes" to any pop-up box without reading it have asked for the consequences.

Read 'em, click 'em.
    Not the other way around.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

you cant be serious

the position of such an important "destroy" button with or without yes/no option after would never make it through any project i was coding in rl.
    even if it happens only 1 person/month or even without happening at all, the fact that i have to concentrate to aim my mouse exactly on the arrow on 1280x960 resolution without hitting delete is not needed.
    the solution to move it to a better position is not hard either, so it really doesnt comes down to the question if you are "man enough cowboy" to deal with the consequences of misplaced button but to the question rather i want my software ergonomy optimal or not.
    Last edited by Niraxtc; Nov 10th, 2002 at 02:51:29.
    Niraxtc

the position of such an important "destroy" button with or without yes/no option after would never make it through any project i was coding in rl.
    Exactly - And there IS a yes/no option after it.
    Though personally I'd prefer the way Dark Age of Camelot did it ... you actually had to type in Y.. E .. S to make sure it would be deleted.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

that would be a good solution too indeed
    Niraxtc

oh no the brake is near the gas pedal i might hit it by accident when i am in a hurry why don't we mount the brake in the roof...........

I am sorry but i have never deleted anything by accident. You should be paying more attention if you did.

Why do i have the feeling you accidently deleted your character and are trying to defend your stupidity by blaming funcom?
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Thumbs up In Favor of it

While I have been know to just click things.... Most times I make sure what i'm clicking yes or no to. But I think the idea to move the Delete button to another location isn't going to kill anyone. No need to call anyone names.

its funny how everytime you think its not possible that persons reach a certain level of ignorance it goes further.

the button is misplaced from every aspect of software ergonomy and every macho out there claiming hes so hard and clever not to press yes if it comes up can get a congratulation, but that was not the topic.
    It wont affect anyone in a bad way, only make it easier for those poor souls accidentaly coming on it and getting the chance of maybe pressing yes.
    where in here you find your call i fail to figure interpid.
    Last edited by Niraxtc; Nov 10th, 2002 at 10:04:05.
    Niraxtc

Thumbs up i am for it.

it will not hurt anybody if this is implemented and i have to admit that i always take extra care with logging in a character since day one because of the awkward position
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by nirax
    the fact that i have to concentrate to aim my mouse exactly on the arrow on 1280x960 resolution without hitting delete is not needed.
    You've got to be kidding.

If you have to concentrate to hit the character selection arrow... well, DON'T.

Instead, just click on the charactername textbox, which also opens the dropdown, and is NOWHERE near the delete character button.

You've got to be kidding.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

try to concentrate on constructive input.

ps. your sig isnt surprising.
    Last edited by Niraxtc; Nov 10th, 2002 at 12:29:18.
    Niraxtc

why do you even use the mouse to select the character you want to use. Its alot faster to not even use the mouse. Arrow keys and enter. Seeing as you are so fixated on doing things the fastest.

Bump for engie fix

Well it would be better if it was a bit smaller and if you had to type in "Y E S" to confirm the deletion of your character along with a warning that what you are doing is permanent and can't be undone.

People sometimes play too long and are extremely tired or have too many drinks and they can do stupid stuff and delete their main or another character by accident. I think they changed the delete key in DAoC to make it a bit harder to do by mistake
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

All I need is a big reminder:
    Did you remember to mule over the 5 mil twinkmoney you have on this horribly failed experiment?
    [No] [No] [Maybe]

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

No need to bash each other over this. I'll mention it to the guy who does the launcher, and we'll see whether he agrees, and gets time to move that button.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast