Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uniques - Problems and Spoilers - Observations of guild "Storm"

Uniques - Problems and Spoilers - Observations of guild "Storm"

Oki

There are some problems with uniques as they exist now. Dont worry though I will post all the spoiler info on these Uniques at end of post. I dont know whats already been posted on these boards so I will just post all of Storm's secret guild info.

The problems though need to be fixed. Here is a quick list of things I have noticed.

Uniqueness - Its hard to tell if something is unique or not. It would be great if a note or something would be dropped since it's already hard enough we should atleast be notified it is unique.

Location - Some Mobs are very badly placed and can and are being exploited. Ill detail it specifically in each Mobs Case in the spoiler section. Mostly though Mob Bosses are being kited to Guard locations so the guards can easily kill them and the players loot it with very little effort. This should NOT be happening, it's tooo damn cheap. Something should and could be easily done about this. So please fix it.

Camping - Hey I'm all for a large guild trying to get enough of the items for the whole guild, but there comes a time when it gets silly. We don't want another Evercamp game. In my opinion the Mobs should be moved to different locations/zones just to keep the camping to a minimum. Heck this could possibly be done more often on mobs that are lesser known and less often on those well known. That way it pays for guilds to tell locations after a couple camps just to make sure they dont have to find it again.

Spawn Time - Its too predictable. They spawn every 20ish hours and after ever server crash. Have it spawn a little faster and a more random spawn time like every 10-18 hours. This keeps camping down more and those that really want the item can get their guild and just sit it out if its that important. Now though only the person camping it knows the spawn times and can come back almost as it is spawning. Spawn time is realllly that predictable.

Well thats what I think. For your listening time here is the spoiler list I promised. This info came from my guild "Storm." So I have to give the credit to them since it was a guild effort and not solely my own.

Torrith the Ancient -- 500x2200 Greater Tir County
    Spawns an enforcer item that adds a few to a couple skills. It spawns about 1/4th the time

Jack "Leg Chopper" Menendez -- 3200x1400 Varmint Woods
    Spawns an Axe, Gloves, and a Bracer. Axe spawns everytime others are random.

Trash King and The Trash King's Lackey -- 1600x950 Athen Shire
    Couple of different pistols, a shoulder thingie, a belt, and NCU. Pistols are every time. The rest are random.

Iron Reet -- 850x1000 Mutant Domain
    Aggro Enhancer spawns about 1/3 the time.

Professor Van Horn -- 2900x1600 Newland Desert
    Expensive Vest and nice bracer. The vest is a hard spawn to get. the bracer is almost every time.

Colonel Frank Kaehler -- 700x2000 Omni Forest
    Sleeves and gun. Spawns everytime and pretty much unwearable.

Commander Kelly Fredrickson -- 1750x1100 Tir County
    Same as the Colonel

Daria Marie Walzer -- 1800x2000 Lush Fields
    Verry verry verry hot suit. Everything you see her wearing will eventually spawn off of her.

Marcus Robicheaux, Poet Laureate -- 1500x2900 Broken Shores
    NCU pants, sleeves, and headband. Always spawns something so far.

R-2000 Vermin Disposel Unit -- 1200x2200 Greater Tir County
    Rat Goggles. Exploited by clanners who drag him to the outpost and let guard kill him.

Mick "Nugget" McMullet -- 1100x3700 Clon****
    Oven Mits, Shades of Lucibration. Shades spawn every time. Omni heavily exploiting this spawn since 5 deep red guards are there to help a single omni kill him. Seriously toooooo dang easy for this one.

Well thats it for the major static Mob Bosses we know of. Take care and pressure Funcom into fixing the lame crap happening.

there is some guy who talks about building robots in central artery valley too, he lives in the swamp. Dunno what he drops, I saw him and I was solo so I didnt try.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Please if anyone else is going to post spoiler info along with this message make sure it is CONFIRMED by YOU. There are plenty of speculation posts in other parts of this forum. I want this to be a discussion for the problems with uniques and what CONFIRMED ones exist.

All of these spots are CONFIRMED by me personally. Storm was able to camp all of these for a week straight before we got bored of them since everyone had the items they wanted. We knew about alot of them right at the publish of the patch since we spent alot of time looking for them. Some on the list havent even been talked about anywhere else. This is the kind of info that helps a community. This is what Im looking for, CONFIRMED personally and no speculation please.

confirmed by me, I saw him. You want something new to go kill, well it is not on your list. It is not rumor, I have talked with him.

The fact that I cant give you the coordinates to his house (yes, he has a house in the middle of the swamp) is no biggy. You will find him, where is your sense of adventure.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

What kind of axe does Jack Menendez drop? Stats?

Im not talking about sightings of different things. When you kill him and see his loot then its confirmed. Otherwise its just another NPC that talks back like all the rest of the NPCs that talk back.

Like I said there are plenty of speculation posts on what MAY be a boss mob, but Im only looking for persoannly confirmed and killed and looted mobs. All mobs on my list have been killed and looted by myself. I have seen special loot off of all of them. I have compiled the list with the help of my guild only. I have given that info for free here. So please atleast take the time to do as I ask when posting in this thread. Thats all I am asking and I am asking nicely. There are plenty of other posts to speculate on so PLEASE dont turn this post into anything but what I intended. Otherwise we may not be as kind as we where before, and keep all of the info to ourselves.

*shrugs* do as you wish, it is apriciated by the way. He is a uniqe named mob, I thought that defined "boss" mob (eq term).

I kill uniques for the sake of it, not loot.

ROFLOL

The Iron Reet also drops a Fixer head gear (yuk!) called Droid Control-device it's about QL 100-120...obviously it doesn't spawn every time

There is the Escaped Gargantula in Galway County, dropping this little agent headpiece.
    I'm not certain if it spawns every time etc.
    The spider tends to crawl around north of Galway castle, frightening innocent passer-by's.
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

It requires a 701 Stamina, and is only useable by agents? That makes it pretty much useless.

Originally posted by starknaked
    It requires a 701 Stamina, and is only useable by agents? That makes it pretty much useless.
    All those special items drop at the QL of the mobs level, the mobs spawn with different levels, even the same mob can spawn in a variety of level ranges. That item sure can be worn when it drops at a lower QL.

Yea, tho some mobs drop items near QL 200. I got a Supporting Carbonan Holster which requires 777 Agility...anyone wanna try it on?

Quick note
    Everything I listed STILL spawns exactly where I said it does, EXACTLY! If you can't find the Nugget the shades guy and don't feel like camping him for 24hours I suggest you wait till the server crashes and get him then. I warn you though people are EXTREMELY fast even then. It's not even funny how fast they kill him. Since he is so easily exploited and a few screens away from the Clon**** grid it makes it almost impossible to get because of the 5 200+ guards that help a single omni kill him without any sweat.

Funcom could easily stop this evercamp crap though. Just put in varying spawn times and about 5 different possible spawn points. Not to mention pull him FAR away from any guard!!!!! This would give the unpredictability that would help people actually get a pair of shades. Prolly won't happen though, atleast not for awhile. E****ially since noone has responded to this post. You know it is good to get responses to your posts on new matters like this, but I guess not.

Also could they make the items a bit better. None of the items I can use excet the Rat Catcher Goggles which adds 8 to sense and goes into HUD2. The rest though are only used as a buff such as the shades, or are totally unwearable because of how bad they are. Dont get me wrong I'm not looking for some super uber item. I would rather have an item that would give the same stats as the same Q item it would be replacing with a few extra somewhere else for a few more stat reqs. This is fair, but right now its better to have the AC.

is that guy in the swamp in the artery valleyt or whatever marvin the paranoid android? that guy in tir county talks about him being there

Nikki, this thread is rather odd.

First, you're saying that you and your guild have camped these mobs and killed them over and over until you all have the unique loot, and now you want it fixed so that no one else can do the same?

But you're also saying that this unique loot sucks anyway.

Hard to know how to respond to that. If the loot sucks, then who cares if it's being camped and easily gotten by having guards kill the mobs. If the items are good, then why should you and your guild be the only ones who should be able to have gotten it easily?

most of the loot does suck. I am saying they need to do better which I even gave ideas on how to do it properly. Their is NOTHING wrong with asking for improvements.

We camped because it was new and wanted to see what spawned. Just because we did it doesnt make it right or better yet the best way. Every I have seen posting does not want this to turn into an evercamp game. It becomes silly and only the people in the know get anything. The more unpredictability you throw in the better chance the locations become known and the chance more people get the item for free.

Next guards killing mobs is Funcoms definition of exploit. They did not mean for you to loot guard killed mobs. They did not mean for these mobs to be killed by a single person, atleast not this easily. The people doing these things are knowingly exploiting these loopholes knowing full well its a bug that they get to loot because the guards die off or whatever reason is making the corpses stay free to loot. Plus I never said there wasnt good buff items, I said no good items you can really wear. So there is a reason this is bad since others do want those shades.

BTW I have noticed you have done alot less complaining about agents since you started leveling finally. Gee what a few IP points will do for a person. Exactly what I was telling you the whole time. So maybe you should just start listening to me from the beginning.

Ha! I complain just as much as ever.

bump until i get recognition

I have to go with Stark here.. it really sounds like you’re saying “Now that my guild and I have milked these mobs to the point where we have everything there is to be had, it’s annoying to see other people using similar tactics to get these rare items that we acquired. Please make it more difficult for them so that these items my guild and I found don’t become so commonplace. We would like to be the only ones who spent months taking advantage of a flawed system that I will now finally bring to Funcom's attention.” .

Maybe that’s not what you meant, but that’s how it’s coming across.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast