Thread: NPC Pets STILL too tough

NPC Pets STILL too tough

I was just on with my 38 Trader.

I have a 57 shottie on and there were 3 engies in first room of my Solo mission, I zone again and again till only me and ONE engie and pet.

Since the pet breaks calm and attacks I still have to take on both, can't even handle ONE engie and PET, and this was a 60% mission.

I have Maxed HP and I have played for over a Year with over 20 characters to my Name, this is CRAPPola!

If I can't handle it with a calmer profession that can get into a Much higher level weapon without outside buffs, how are New Docs and others even beginning the game going to be surviving these missions.

I'm thinking Docs will Start to feel like MPs very soon, I went and asked for a Buff, but only got a 5 min Max HP one, which didn't even Help.

First time I've actually thought there might be a change in the game I might have to get up on AO due to.

I like to solo, and though I am in a guild and like to team, not having the Option of soloing, or having to grab a mission, head to it, and then, because the first room is full of engies, go back and get another, is going to ruin the game experience for many.

This will of course turn New players away from AO the most.

Stoopid!

Devs should have listened to us Testers when we said they should remove bots from Just the singles missions.

GL FC, but this is the Worst time to put in a No-fun element in the game, and an element that is Used on a regular basis by almost all players.
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

Can't remove bots from solo mission since then all groups would do solo missions for XP, and others would solo team missions for loot.

Gotta reduce HPs on pet-summoning mobs and up XP for whacking them. Can't have an entry room full of pet-summon dudes either.
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

if you automatically target the pet after it is summoned, you should remeber to deselect it after you get a success message when you cast calm on pet. I'm level 125 Trader and had not much trouble calming the pets in ql195 mission (although there were none in boss room) that was a team mission, but since I could never solo anything near the lvl, lower lvl solo missions would be easier to calm the pets.

When you attacka pet-class mob and they summon a pet, switch back to the mob and re-initiate attack, then left-click select the pet and cast your calm. This way if it goes through you wont make another hit and break it.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

The problem with trying to calm pets is that the owner sends the attack message to the pet, which breaks the calm. You can't fight the owner without the pet attacking you.

Pets in missions is one thing; pets that aren't susceptible to crowd control is quite another thing.

Oh, the the NP pets fly so high up on the screen you often can't tell which one you have selected. That's kind of a problem when you have 3 NPs and 3 pets in the front room. Well, not "kind" of a problem, it's a trip to reclaim in a hurry.

I have no problem with the pets. The can be rooted, or calmed no problem. If you kill its controller, it will stop fighting, so ignore it. Pets are totally susceptable to calming and roots. Ity works for me an my teams all the time.

If there are 3 mobs in a room, learn how to pull just 1 of them instead of aggroing them all (dont attack a mob while its in a room with other mobs or it will aggro them all, let 1 "see" you then run out. It will then follow you out of that room. Only attack it once it gets out fo the room with the others. Its not idiot-proof, but it works).

today i had 3 engied (lvl 141) in main.

my first try was area snare (im still fixer) which was a pretty bad idea cause the mobs were snared, but teh 3 slayers on were not

nextr try was pulling. somehow difficult cause teh aggro range of mobs is pretty high in my lvl and i had aggain 3(6) mobs on me.

next and pretty easiest suggestion is, just pass the fookin room. keep an eye on teh mobs and if teh tiem is right, head to the first door and leave main behind u. as trader u can root (i suggest) and igf not just mezz. pet from mobs wont attack u if they r mezzed and if they do u better turn ur reflect shield off.

i attach teh engie/mp/crat mob, and as soon teh pet appears ill root it and run 1 room behind. the root doesnt break until u attack the mobs (PLZ FIX THIS FC!!!! THATS THE OLDEST BUG ON AO) so u can eaily kill teh caster. pet losses aggro on u as soon the caster dies (SOMETIMES SO PLZ FIX THIS FC)

i like the pets. its fun to play with them and even more fun to see that the MOB pets have teh same problems like Player pets (walking arround in mission like mad). it requires a bit taktik but every proff has the ability to handle the pets.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Thumbs down Great idea!!!

What does all "non-root-capable" professions do???

Die and get pissed?

Die and get pissed?
    Well, if you cannot kill a mob before the pet gets you, guess you should try an easier mission.

If you are failing in green missions and cant kill a green mob before his pet kills you, you really must be too weak to solo in the first place. Get some new armor and weapons, new nanos and try it again.

Re: Great idea!!!

Originally posted by Rinale
    Die and get pissed?
    my MA is just healing while fighting (works fine)
    my soldiers just turns on his MK shield and kills the caster (works fine too)
    a doc ... dot, attack and heal (unbeatable anyway even if it takes time)
    enforcer ... takes not much time so the pet isnt hard

works fine. why dont u just try to get creative? isnt it borung to just target a mob, hit Q and then walk away and com back after the mob is dead?

and most of the pets r grey/green to me! im lvl 143 and the mob pets r only like lvl 120. normaly its way harder as high lvl to solo missions.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?