Thanks FUNCOM, the new subway is loads of real FUN

Let's see some more for all levels

---------------
    - 105 engie
    - 100 adv
    - 87 MP
    - 89 trader
    - 7 engie (call me crazy)

My thoughts exactly... That place is great fun. I tried out one of my newbie twinks in there, and it's VERY cool.

Particular things I liked:

- Spread out so that you don't run into griefing, KSing too much. (Different pathways, areas)
    - Great progression (as you level, you can make it further and further down)
    - Ambiance (music changes in different areas, MOBs for the area actually make sense, great textures and level design)
    - Upgradable armor, etc (For a newb that kind of stuff is GREAT)
    - Good reward (you can actually get XP in there, and decent loot)

Echoing the sentiments of Taniya, here's hoping that we see more dungeons like this for us high-levels. (I'm not saying the high-level places aren't fun, there's some great designs there too, but no good reward for hanging around! When was the last time you went to a dungeon for XP?)

Yep, little n00b dungeon is a very nice place.
    I jumped an orange 'Shadow' mob down there, full of confidence and screamed like a little girl when it spawned copies of itself and killed me dead. That was fun.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

little noob dungeon is the first dung that comes close to daoc dungeons that are funny to level inside. great addition. hopefullly soon also for higher levels.

only backdraft is that you cant rezz ppl that lie on ground. they get ressurected ok, but why not make docs able to rezz ppl that are on ground so you dont have to walk all way back relying on outposts
    Niraxtc

100% killer 33% achiever 33% socializer 33% explorer

I'm completely new to AO (playing two weeks, but have just yesterday settled on a profession - level 12 adventurer at the moment) and I just went down there to take a look around.
    It's definately looking really nice, nice open spaces, wonderful atmosphere - especially compared to standard missions, nice low level drops (I think - I'm new as I said ), the possibility of soloing, at least as far as I got (honestly not that far, but I'm going back in). The latter helped a lot by the fact that not every inhabitant is aggro and starts attacking on sight.

And I even saw huge posters advertising for Dovve's wonderful and very helpful maps that I downloaded more or less the same day I started playing AO (along with the interface skin). Nice way of acknowleding a person who seems to have done a great job in helping the community.

Arrow Yes, it is fun.

Too bad it gives new players the wrong impression about the rest of the game.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

agreed

haven't played the subways on live, but played it on test and loved it. easy xp for decent mobs. tried doing a mission, and with mobs the same color i got a much harder fight and much less xp. thoroughly recommended for low-lvl chars.
    Last edited by goremonger; Nov 9th, 2002 at 03:25:09.
    Oryl - 143 Trox MA... Troxxoration(™) Get-up.

Re: Yes, it is fun.

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Too bad it gives new players the wrong impression about the rest of the game.
    Indeed. Lucky for them they have this forum where they can read up on the truth about AO, eh?
    Dominata
    Member of THM

ha

pah, love is where you find it........

I only went in there as I was not touching any of my higher lvl chars until the inv fix - so made a new advent, found a couple of peeps after I hit lvl 5..........and hit the new dungeon.

I've rarely had so much fun......natch, <lvl 20 you don't have a lot to worry about, but it's a dam good laugh. Was in one of 2 teams earlier today trying to take out the boss.....we all got creamed in like 15 seconds hehe

Had it not been for the more aggravating (to me) of the original patch bugs, I'd probably not have seen this area

Ohh nice work :D

I took my newbie Engi to the place last night, not daring to log on my higher level chars until a few more bugfixes happen, and I must say I was sitting in front of my PC with a huge smile upon my face while walking around, kicking the odd mob's butt, and generally just enjoying the exploration of a well-designed, beautiful and athmospheric dungeon Good work, Funcom

It was a really welcome break from the regular missions and hunting, and really needed for the lowbie peeps who can't take the heat of Steps of Madness, if they can even get there (Clanners). Definately going back in, preferably with friends. Oh, and there's some nice new loot in there too, got a Living Cyber Armor Helmet from a soldier npc (sub-boss?) who was trying to guard a doorway I needed to enter, hehe
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

New Sub

Yes.. the new dungeon is GREAT! I've been tooling around in there with my crat and my pistol advent just plinking away, and having a great time. Like the morphing memory, even though it doesn't really get that usefull until higher levels and you've morphed the stuffing out of it (it changes colors as it goes up.. thats cool).

Must say, one of the 2 (yes, only 2) things I like about this screwball halfbaked patch. The new dungeon, and the org name under ours (like that last one alot. Rather cool running about with my org's name hanging over my head).

Whats this about upgradeable armor? And someone said we can upgrade our starter weaponry?

Gah! Kill da FLEA!!!!
    Alarri/Spellbindir
    Advent/Crat
    The Pilgrims, RbK 2

Re: Ohh nice work :D

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Oh, and there's some nice new loot in there too, got a Living Cyber Armor Helmet from a soldier npc (sub-boss?) who was trying to guard a doorway I needed to enter, hehe
    Guess, I should not be saying this but that soldier also
    drops a nice NCU ring.

Oh, and btw there is also a mob called 'strike foreman'
    droppes some nice boots.

The endboss (BIGboss) is scary, big and scary.

I'd like to kill it, but need lots of help
    -=Vima - lvl211 Bureaucrat=-

**After all these years I still vividly remember the warm, Fuzzy feeling I got first time I ran into a room packed With lvl200 mobs and threw my AoE calm**

Yeah, I've been in a couple of random teams who tried to kill Abmouth Supreme, but he kicked our asses each time, hehe

Vima, let me know anytime you wanna get a piece of him, I think we need to organise at least 2 full teams with rooters/calmers/healers to stand a decent chance of killing him
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Vima, let me know anytime you wanna get a piece of him, I think we need to organise at least 2 full teams with rooters/calmers/healers to stand a decent chance of killing him
    Aye, good time now, me enf. is lvl24 and twinked to the teeth

According to another thread one team is sufficient. Better have
    atleast one good doctor in it methinks.
    -=Vima - lvl211 Bureaucrat=-

**After all these years I still vividly remember the warm, Fuzzy feeling I got first time I ran into a room packed With lvl200 mobs and threw my AoE calm**

*BIG* thumbs up at Funcom for creating such a genuine dungeon. I must say the level cap is simply awesome and quite fitting. At level 24 although the dungeon gets quite easy at the big boss you still sweat big time.

After I got wasted for the first time by the Abmouth Supremus (big boss) I really wanted to get him out of the way till I was past 24 and had to leave. After 5 runs and many hours of work =>

Remains of Abmouth Supremus

I must say it was the most intensive fight I ever had and when it was over it really felt GREAT. Before you ask what he dropped we got the NCU ring of him. I just wished he would drop something else since the other 2 small bosses can drop the ncu ring as well.

For the ones who didnt kill him yet but want to (and didnt level to 30 just not leaving the dungeon) then you must have a doctor at least and as well at least one secondary healer (such as an MA, adv etc). He does dmg faster then a 21 doc can heal solo and has a quite good AR so he almost never misses. Enjoy =)

I am still in awe of this sweet dungeon and I really hope there will be more like this in future ! *cheers*
    Last edited by Ezeqiel; Nov 11th, 2002 at 12:25:30.
    Marodeur
    Vampire of the Shadow Ops
    Rimor

Level cap?

The subway has a level cap at 24 (Darxy's post)? Does this mean I will not be able to enter the subway at all after I have reached level 24?

If so, then I better get back in there soon - only a few levels to go .

Please don't praise it so much of fc will change it for the worse just because 1: it gives decent xp and 2: the players actually enjoy it.

Sweet job on the subway! Took a cursory tour around there last night and some of the best features were:
    • the real abandon subway feel to the place
    • the merchant area so we don't have to leave the place to unload stuff
    • the tip of the hat to GridStream, Helpbot and others on the billboards. Nice jesture.
    • big expansive area to help break up player traffic
    I haven't met the big boss yet but plan to get a team together tonight and mount up! All in all a great job!

The Ads

I just loved the new dungeon. Very cool indeed. I specially loved the big ads inside. The Ads for real life tools.
    Dovve's Map, Nano Nanny and the old Antiguardians page. Way Fun! Way to go Funcom.
    Gyro "Pettersmart" Gearloose .:. badger "badger" badger
    Closseau.:.Elvira.:.SirBoris.:.raba1der.:.Baldcrat
    All proud members of Elements of Destruction
    Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    We will flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Originally posted by Dominata
    Yep, little n00b dungeon is a very nice place.
    I jumped an orange 'Shadow' mob down there, full of confidence and screamed like a little girl when it spawned copies of itself and killed me dead. That was fun.
    Quote from the AO manual's bestiary: "Theories abound on the grid that shadow-mutants can turn invisible..."

Are we seeing this for the first time or are they spawning copies?
    Ike "Fikksit" Schatz - General of Desert Winds
    Sleep is for the weak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast