Thread: WARNING: Org Channels are never lost

Exclamation WARNING: Org Channels are never lost

You can kick people from your guild, but beware.

Once you let someone in your guild, they acquire your guild channel. Then if you kick them some time later (for whatever reason) they can still see your channel on the chat client, and talk on it.

Lessons to be learned:
    -No org channel is secure (I'm sure theres a way for people to get to your channel without ever being invited as well)
    -Troublesome people can continue to bother your guild, sure you all can ignore them, but everyone has to do it themselves.
    -Create/Use some form of a chat bot that works on invite only and can kick/ban people from the channel.

Possible problems:
    -It may be possible for people to snoop on bot channels as well, meaning no ingame communication is "safe", except direct tells.
    -Any GM/Ark channels may not be safe either! I don't actually know if they have any that they use, but I suspect they do.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Hrm, I have characters that removed themselves from an org and lost the channel. I'll play with this later today, though, and have some non-guilded characters invited and then kicked from my husband's org and see what happens.

I'm positive, though, that you are correct, probably none of the chat mechanisms are 'secure'.

Arrow

Came across the problem first hand.

Someone ran a bot, it got bugged and started quadruple posting to the org channel (login/logout bot, talk about SPAM) so I kicked it. The owner of the bot was offline for at least the next day or two.

It stayed on the channel for another week and continued to spam spam spam, until the owner finally turned it off. He was also kicked, yet was still able to come and talk on our channel. I warned him to get off the channel.

I have no doubt that the bot and his chars can still read and speak in our org if he wanted to, at least through the chat client. I don't think he "exploited" or did anything different either.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things