I've finally decided to leave the game. My subscription was just cancelled. Whose fault is it? No one's. Although this latest patch was a bit shaky, it's not the patch's fault. It's not Funcom's fault. No, I'm leaving because of real life issues. I suppose you can understand that.

Anyway, I am going to be posting my final analysis of the game on the "Game mechanics" section of the board; I've played the game since release, and hopefully I can offer some long-term player insight. Cz, would you mind posting to either this thread or the game mechanics one, with your thoughts? Sort of as a "parting gift?" I think that would be cool, lol.

Anyway...the Rubi-Ka 2 character Tyndareus, the only character I was playing, is no more. He has been deleted. He was probably worth at least several hundred Ebay dollars, but I wanted his reputation to remain intact. I gave all his stuff to mostly guild people. He died penniless, like Mozart (lol, that's right, I just compared him to one of the greatest people of all time! Anyone that knows me knows I like to joke around). Some people might say it was stupid of me to not make some quick cash on Ebay...but I like my decision. I helped out the (AO) Tribulations (AO) guild when I left.

So, for thanks, let me thank my guild. After a seven-month hiatus, I started playing again in August; shortly after, I joined the Tribulations guild. It was an excellent decision. The guild was always supportive, and I had a great time. In fact, the guild made it extremely hard to quit..it was only after a great deal of thought that I left. Let me say thanks again to the guild. I won't list names here, since I said goodbye ingame last night; you guys know who you are. Sorry I couldn't say goodbye to people who were not on.

As to all my non-guild friends out there: you know who you are too. Thanks, and take care you all, ok? I'm sorry I had to leave..

I really enjoyed this game; I played it a lot, more than any other game ever, I believe. One thing I liked about it is that I was able to talk to people from all over the world...over my course of play, I interacted with people from all over the United States, from Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, France, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Spain, Austria, Poland, and probably some other countries as well. I enjoy asking people where they are from, so this aspect of the game was fun.

My account ends in a few weeks despite the fact that I'm not playing anymore, so I might be posting a bit more. However, here are some parting words for you all.

Just remember to laugh at things. As Charlie Chaplin said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted." Have thick skin and don't take hurtful things to heart too much either; you will find you have many more friends that way. Put another way: as Bill and Ted said, "Be excellent to each other."

Farewell!