Thread: A dream: Rubi-Ka 4 - True Anarchy

A dream: Rubi-Ka 4 - True Anarchy

I have been thinking a long time now, for over a year actually. how fun it would be with a True Anarchy world. I imagine a brand new Rubi-Ka server :
    25% suppression gas inside cities, incl. shops and other indoor areas within the cities.
    0% everywhere else.

A increased number of guards inside the cities to prevent the other side from gunning down the lowlevels coming out from the backyards. Also more guards patrolling key exits and the areas around the cities so you can have a chance to get out of the cities alive. Maybe let the guards be able to call for backup if the attacking force is too powerful. Of course the guards would protect the players from the same fraction

And yes.. Disable missions altogether. Base tokens on PVP. A token for each kill, one lost for each time your killed. Maybe even two or more tokens if you kill one thats so much higher than you that he/she is just within your levelrange. You would then also loose more tokens if someone way under your level kills you. If multiple persons within a team is attacking the same target the tokens for that kill would have to split between the team with some kind of "Alpha-loot" or similar. Or something entirely diffrent. Haven't been giving it so much thought yet.

A new system on XP for PVP kills. Something along this formula:

(Hislevel-Yourlevel) x XPlost .
    Example :
    A lvl61 kill a lvl65. The Lvl65 loose 10 000 of unsaved xp. Then you will earn (65-61)x10 000 = 40 000 xp.

Of course you cannot get more that 10% of your level.
    Also, if you kill someone below your level, you will not gain any xp at all. You will still get to loot any unsaved stuff/money the person has in his inventory. Maybe introduse that you can loot team mission special boss loot from the ones you kill. Not always, but at some percentage rulesystem. This without the person you loot loosing anything.

Increased/better loot from outdoor hunting would also be a good reason to get people outdoor to hunt. Include the special team boss loot on normal mobs.

It would also be an idea to change the level where you become huntable for everyone from lvl75 to at least 100, maybe 125.

Yes this will become twinkers heaven. Yes it will be difficult to survive on your own. Yes it will be sad to loose that way cool new uber weapon you just looted from that person you ambused on the way back to Harrys.

There is surely lots of things I have't thought of, things that would need to be adjusted and so on.. This is only to see if there is anyone that thinks like me.
    Gyro "Pettersmart" Gearloose .:. badger "badger" badger
    Closseau.:.Elvira.:.SirBoris.:.raba1der.:.Baldcrat
    All proud members of Elements of Destruction
    Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    We will flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

The problems with this would make the whole thing impossible.

No structure will prevent ANY progress. No missions and no leveling possibilities without full mayhem, will only make even the attempt of progressing...useless. Yes it was supposed to be a PvP world, but what are you gonna PvP with if you are running around with Solar Powered Rifle`s and Omni Shirts? Players should be able to play like on RK1/2, but the world should be 0%. At least some of it. This way, there would always be ways to level.

Dont get me wrong, I really want a more combat-directed world, where you can pull the trigger and initiate combat with someone in many zones. But no safety, no way for a person to level without getting killed every 5th minute, is gonna prevent it from getting fun.

Imagine coming out from Harrys, heading towards mutant domain in an attempt to gain some levels and get some loot and cash.

The first thing you see, is 4 higher clan-people, waiting to kick the ass of someone who comes out from safety. The poor Omni fella, who dont want to pvp because he dont have any equipment, turns around, and goes another place. Omni Forest is too low for him to level now, So he gives up and logs.

Eventually you will get a world where those who was first, are the best, because no one could destroy their ways of leveling..and those who come afterwards...will suffer from this, since the high ones always will look for small ones to kill.

You may say it wasnt that you meant, but I bet you a bullet for a bone that it is gonna be a nightmare without at least some structure to the gameplay.

...I AM for it, if FC could have fixed alternate ways to level, get equip and prepare.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

I like it

I like it a lot, it would be a lot closer to the world presented in the storyline. But, why take out missions? They would offer a place to get at least some levels and gear to prepare for the fray. But 25% in cities would definately be a lot more fun . And make a lot more sense...

Re: I like it

Originally posted by Arithus
    IBut, why take out missions? They would offer a place to get at least some levels and gear to prepare for the fray.
    I would take out missions to force people out in the harch world. Leving the missions would create "safe havens".
    A Engie could fly to the mission, have him teleport the whole team in, do the mission, have a fixer grid them out. It would let people level all the way from 2-200 in just missions, dieing an occacional time on the way to and back from the missions. But of course, I'm not the one making decissions, it just did'nt fit my Dream
    Gyro "Pettersmart" Gearloose .:. badger "badger" badger
    Closseau.:.Elvira.:.SirBoris.:.raba1der.:.Baldcrat
    All proud members of Elements of Destruction
    Shepherds we shall be
    For thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
    So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
    We will flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

id lvoe this, but sadly it will never happen i dont think. But the notum wars should at leas be a little more pvp based. And you never know , if enuff people buy notum wars then maybe FC will have enuff for a pvp server :0
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2