Thread: Traps - Supporting the Thief in me

Traps - Supporting the Thief in me

I've decided to come up with a variety of traps that were similarly used in many different games that allow for some very interesting effects.

First before I begin, I believe that "perception" and "intelligence" should affect greatly on one finding a trap but NOT disarming it. This way a person could feasibly find a trap but not have the ability to disarm it. In this case certain traps can be picked around and others cannot. The QL of the box should dictate whether or not a person finds the trap though.

Trap One - Poison Needle

Probably the most basic of all traps. It's a small needle inside the trap that springs outward pricking you. The damage can be small or large depending on the trap.

Recommended: Poison damage depending on the type of trap present. Damage should be 2 points per QL of the box with a set duration of 2 minutes.

QL 1 - (2 poison damage per tick / 2 minutes duration)
    QL 200 - (400 poison damage per tick / 2 minutes duration)

----------

Trap Two - Bloody Jaws

You see a set of miniature jaws set flush against a plate. When this trap is set off theoretically it should amputate an arm or hand but since we don't have the ability of a vorpal based damage, it would render the person unable to attack for 5 minutes to simulate nerve damage etc.

QL 1 - (5 minutes inability to attack)
    QL 2 - (5 minutes inability to attack)

----------

Trap Three - Vials - Clear and Red

A vial trap is a very nice chemical trap placed neatly against the tumblers and when set off creates a cloud of vapour. The clear version is simply a stun only cloud that stuns you for 1 minute duration. The red version creates a fiery cloud that is more like a long lasting incendiary cloud that fills up the room the box is in. While in the area of effect you would take damage equal to the severity of level on the box. The duration of the incendiary cloud should last about 2 minutes. In this case, you need to run out of the room as fast as you can because the damage should be life threatening.

Clear Vial -
    QL 1 - (Stuns EVERYONE in the room for 1 minute)
    QL 200 - (Stuns EVERYONE in the room for 1 minute)

Red Vial - Incendiary
    QL 1 - (Lasts 2 minutes duration in the room and damage is set at 4 per tick for the duration / Moving out of the room places you out of harms way)
    QL 200 - (Lasts 2 minutes duration in the room and damage is set at 800 damage per tick for the duration / Moving out of the room places you out of harms way)

----------

Trap Four - The Sulfur Bladder

If you set off this trap the bladder will ignite and instantly incinerate you. This trap only affects the picker and not the group.

QL 1 and 200 - Both the same - Instant death.

----------

Trap Five - Spring Trap

This is the famous acid springs out of the trap, stunning you, and harming you trap. When this one is set off the victim (picker only) is stunned for a set duration and takes damage over a series of ticks.

QL 1 - (Damage is 3 per tick for 3 ticks and stun duration is set to 45 seconds)
    QL 200 - (Damage is 600 per tick for 3 ticks and stun duration is set to 45 seconds)

----------

Trap Six - The Fuser

This trap has a small acid vial near the tumblers that when set off, causes the acid to roll out on top of the tumblers and the lock, fusing it entirely. This means that the box cannot be picked in any further attempts. Whence, a wasted box.

----------

Trap Seven - Techno Scarab

This trap is one of my favorites. A small mechanical scarab is placed inside near the lock. If you scratch a few crystals in a certain order beneath the scarabs belly you will disarm it. If you set off this trap, the scarab flies out of the lock and attempts to bite someone. The person it attempts to bite is completely random. When it bites you - you take incredible chemical or poison damage depending on the type of scarab.

QL 1 - (5 points per tick - duration 1 minute)
    QL 200 - (1000 points per tick - duration 1 minute)

----------

If you have any more you'd like to add please do so.

Talking

Really cool suggestions. Excellent.

somehow i don't think the sulfur bladder would go over well with the player base
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I love the bladder trap actually

Nothing better than getting incinerated!!

Trap One - Poison Needle

Probably the most basic of all traps. It's a small needle inside the trap that springs outward pricking you. The damage can be small or large depending on the trap.

Recommended: Poison damage depending on the type of trap present. Damage should be 2 points per QL of the box with a set duration of 2 minutes.

QL 1 - (2 poison damage per tick / 2 minutes duration)
    QL 200 - (400 poison damage per tick / 2 minutes duration
    i dont exactly know what its like to be level 112 calming a ql 200 mission as a NT ("our moneymaker") but wouldn't you die well before the 2 minutes are up? even at level 200, unless you have someone in the team constantly healing you...you may as well /terminate already right?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco