Thread: Community Update - Nov 8

Cool Community Update - Nov 8

Patch 14.6.0 out, server side patch yesterday, and 14.6.1 going out now. What can I say? I've been swamped the last few days, and will probably spend some of the weekend simply catching up.

I've gotten a lot of e-mail, and only had time so far to reply to some. I can't guarrantee I will reply to all I got either, and I hope people understand that.

Professionals and profession issues
    We're closing in on an agreement in our discussions, and it's looking good. I would like to stall a little bit on profession issues until I know how we will handle them from now on. Better to see the hand I'm playing with before playing the cards.

Patches and patch activity
    I'm sorry to say I doubt I will be able to keep an equal information flow with each patch as I had with this one. The information will come, but probably not as frequent. This because I can't just put all other work aside for several days (and I need food and sleep too ).

The Notum Wars
    Today we sent out more invitations to the beta, and more will come next week. We're very happy with the participants so far, and it's all just looking better and better.

---

Apart from that, not much to tell right now. Might come up with more later.

Kinda curious, are you the only poor sap now stuck with handling us lot? After the loss of Cosmik etc? or has Dai returned yet from getting the Dev's etc into shape yet?

Know it must be a pain doing three guys work, and I think most of us here understand it. You do a good job and many of us appreciate it even though you're the subject of our stomping moods at times
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Yea, great work CZ! We all appreciate it very much(some of us have a bad way of showing it though). These updates rock as well.

Arrow

We appreciate your efforts these last few days, and we appreciate these updates. So, a big thank you

This patch has raised issues that we thought we'd buried. Patches going live with known bugs, features added that are not in the patch notes (can you say uniques) etc. The last couple of patches had gone so well too... Please find those responsible and give them a collective slap on the wrist from us the players...

And on uniques, they seem to be multiplying. can we get an explanation as to why so many items now have this flag, when most don't seem to need it for either game mechanic or 'in-game' reasons? And why the latest change was made with no real warning?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Bump to this, and add my name to the thank-you list. We all think you're somewhat inhuman, given that no matter how much crap people throw at you, you still bounce back with smiley faces.

Thanks a ton, Cz. Hope you get some help soon.

You're doing a great job Cz.

Thanks for keeping up with communication. Not many people can pull off the level you're doing.

I hope your peers at Funcom appreciate your efforts, as it's made a difference.

Lightbulb I love this

i just hooked up this last month with anarchy and am well on the way to displaced sense of reality,thank you. i hope your happy!
    no..really.. i love this world you give us to run around in with folks from all over..it's too much fun!

So. . . . .

You guys looking to hire a new community rep to replace Cosmik?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: Community Update - Nov 8

Originally posted by Cz

Patches and patch activity
    I'm sorry to say I doubt I will be able to keep an equal information flow with each patch as I had with this one. The information will come, but probably not as frequent. This because I can't just put all other work aside for several days (and I need food and sleep too ).
    One of the few times, you've gotten complete kudos from everyone on the board. (BTW /applause /curt /bow Excellent job on this last patch after it got ramroded in, due to other timelines) But what disheartens and frightens me is the amount of time between when things are out and when its acknowledged. As you can see all we really want is information. I do realize that you have other responsibilities, but as patches come at the most frequent once a month (Not including patches to fix patches) extra time should be allocated for such.

Lets put it this way, patches obviously affect every single person playing this game. You can't play if you aren't up to date. Something that is this integral to the game needs that information spread about it to ensure a content paying playerbase. If extra time is needed in getting that done then so be it, its not like its something that happens every other day or week for that fact.

Once again, job exceptionally well done as the information minister to us all.

Why did Martial Artists get hit by the nerf stick so bad this time? And do you guys have any plans to fix us?
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!