Thread: banks, loans & pawn

rax

banks, loans & pawn

Here is an idea pawn shop,
    u get value of the item u pawn with a ticket
    if u pay + xhalf (or extra +500creds or likewise) at given price u get your item back.

Banks in general would be great to take out loans,
    spend your XP or SKILLS for money, loan cash as IRL.
    If u dont pay for ex. in OMNI: strip ranks, remove tokens,
    banned out of OMNI. In Neutral will resultate in higher fees to pay ending in doing dirty work or community service and so forth,
    alt. prison. In Clan is more maffia style, price on ya head both from PVP and NPC.

Now some say that creds help one to strive forward to
    come higher in levels, but I think its more of a setback,
    even if u have 1 miljon creds u can not use them to
    a wider extent anyway ! and as there are a sociaty with all
    from mugger to omni leaders, there must be ways to
    criminaly earn and faster get cash !

I like the idea of being able to take out loans, but I suggest that you can have a more invasive accounting system. That is, if you default it would be a simple matter to garnish your income a certain percent until you pay it back. Further, interrest rates could be linked to your credit-worthiness. I also think it would really interesting for players to engage in loaning to others.

I'm not keen though on mixing social rank, IP, skills etc with the monetary system. Nor do I think that debtor's prision is a viable option. In reality, lenders want their money, and are only secondarlily concerned with punishment, except as a warning and implied threat against default. If you can get your money regardless of default, then punishment is irrelevant.

One key issue though, is that players may take out loans and pass the money on to others, while allowing the loanee to become idle. In effect this would allow players to steal cash from others without penalty. This to my mind is the key problem to overcome, and one way to do so is to link loans to the underlying account, rather than the character.

Oh yeah .... I'd make a newbie, take a HUGE loan, pass the money on to another character, Delete the character .. rinse and repeat.

Loans ?
    Bad idea.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!