Thread: PVP Idea (long)

Post PVP Idea (long)

Hello

I have an idea for a could-be-fun way to pvp. Not sure if it's implementable to the game, but here's the plot.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this has been posted before, so please don't hate me too much :P

Ok, my idea is to make a new area where omni and clan can have a good fight with no zones and easy access back for both sides after death.

---------------------------------
    The entrance:

Both sides should have whompa access. After you whompa in you reach the buffing area, this is a 75% or 100% zone. This is also where you find a terminal where you click to register for the war :P, this also registers your name for score keeping and grants access to use the porter into the battle area.

Once you have ported into the battle area you enter a non campable area where you can see into the arena, and when everyone is ready to go you step out and go look for omni to shoot.

The Battle Area:

In this big area with some objects scattered around, maby some high towers for agent sniping, but that can be worked out later.

You can't zone to safety in this area, there is a terminal you can use to get out, but that will erase all your buffs, and not grant access to the area again for a set time, so there is no gain in saving your life by zoning, but we need this porter to use if we decide not to participate in the war.

There should also be crowd control in this area so we don't get too much lagg, but i'll get back to that later.

When you die:

This is set up to be like a team death match, so when you die you get put in a seethru box on the side of the arena and have to wait until one of the sides wins or are all dead to reenter the arena.

After one side has won the current match everyone comes back to the non campable entrance area, no rezz shock and all buffs are still there, so we can be ready for battle as quick as possible.

There is also a Stats terminal that shows the results from the last killing frenzy :P

Crowd control/balancing:

There should be a number of playfields, and when you register you should meet the requirements for the playfield that you want to register, maby a 50 lvl span would be ok for the 100+, so it would be like 100-150 and 150-200. Haven't tought of the sub 75 lvl pvp tho.

There should never be a massive over powereing on one of the sides (20 vs 10), if one side has registered 10 ppl and the other side has 20 ppl, only 12 maby a bit more should be alowed to enter the arena, and the remaining ppl get to enter the next round, or everyone get to enter when the side with fewer ppl reaches same amount.

There should also be set a max amount of ppl entering the battle arena at same time to prevent lagg.

More about regestering:

When you go into the buff area there is a Battle Arena regestering terminal. When you click that terminal you get up a window that shows wich arenas that are active how many characters already registered and wich lvl req the arena has. Or you can decide to start up your own arena and invite your favourite friends and enemies to join. Might wanna consider to let the char that registers to decide how many that can enter the arena.

When everyone is happy with the amount of ppl in the PF you can hit go and the arena is opened for the registered members to enter.

There should also be a all arena chat and side chats so you can easily organize the battle.
    ---------------------------------

End note:

I know this is not a Rp'ing way for a war to go down, but think of it as tournaments or some kind of sporting event on Rubi-ka :P

And it would make arranging events like the "Top Gun" and other things easyer.

And this idea's possiblity to be implemented is pretty much 0 but we can always hope, and maby funcom finds a better way to do this.

----------------------
    Thesarus
    Redemption

Alot of nice ideas, FC should take a look and atleast pick some of the ideas out cuz it will probably be too much work to do all.

But it would be really fun with all of it!
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Not a good idea, if you want to play an fps go play CS or whatever is out there.

I dont like the way this is turning, its a mmorpg, not a game that solely revolves around pvp, you should be able to zone if you have to or like.

It's not the system that is flawed its peoples mentality to survive at all costs, or as some would like to express it, their lack of brainfunctionality.

Originally posted by Whites
    Not a good idea, if you want to play an fps go play CS or whatever is out there.

I dont like the way this is turning, its a mmorpg, not a game that solely revolves around pvp, you should be able to zone if you have to or like.

It's not the system that is flawed its peoples mentality to survive at all costs, or as some would like to express it, their lack of brainfunctionality.
    Why can't they let us have fun in here with PvP with some of the ideas and fast action as in fps games?

It doesn't hurt those that don't want to do it a single bit, but it's great fun for those that want.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

well all of us isnt carebears.. .there is actually only 2 active pvp zones 2ho and camelot.. none of them provides an equal situation for both sides...

and as for you carebears.. the rest of the whole damn world is 75% o 100% basically... if you dont want to pvp .. stay out of the pvp zones.. is that really so damn hard ?

and you dont like where this game is turning.. hey.. its getting more and more carebearish evey day..
    Znails

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Why can't they let us have fun in here with PvP with some of the ideas and fast action as in fps games?

It doesn't hurt those that don't want to do it a single bit, but it's great fun for those that want.
    To give the rather small population of regular pvpers a change like this would take a lot of work from improving the game in other areas.

Originally posted by Znails

well all of us isnt carebears.. .there is actually only 2 active pvp zones 2ho and camelot.. none of them provides an equal situation for both sides...

and as for you carebears.. the rest of the whole damn world is 75% o 100% basically... if you dont want to pvp .. stay out of the pvp zones.. is that really so damn hard ?

and you dont like where this game is turning.. hey.. its getting more and more carebearish evey day..

I'm not a carebear, I'm a bureaucrat and we cant pvp if i even had a remote chance to pvp i would be there, but it has to be in a way a mmorpg should offer pvp, not in a way that fps games do.

To give the rather small population of regular pvpers a change like this would take a lot of work from improving the game in other areas.
    Well i think (and hope) that funcom has a dedicated person/group who handles development and bugfixes for each area of the game. I would not expect every developer at funcom to drop everything and focus on enhancing our pvp experience.

And if this or some of this got implemented to change the way todays pvp battles go down, more ppl would probably pvp more.

PVP today is IMO:
    You go to 2ho get blasted to pices of 20 omnis, you get mad and call your friends on warchat to come help, clan overpowers omni or vice versa and the battle ends in like 20 mins or becomes a zoning/debuff and zone war. It's not as fun as it could be if the killing got a bit more organized.

I dont like the way this is turning, its a mmorpg, not a game that solely revolves around pvp, you should be able to zone if you have to or like
    You can zone in the system i posted an idea about, but you can't use the zone to get out of trouble heal up and reenter the battle. There should be a set time for when you can zone back into the battle to prevent the zone wars.

------------------------
    Thesarus
    Redemption
    Last edited by Thesarus; Nov 8th, 2002 at 13:41:04.