Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors and PVP

Julia seeketh postcount++.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

someday she might actually learn her profession... untill then, she spams the boards with nothing, and backs it up with even less.

Saveeee, retired untill Savedsoul gets his enhanced Queenblade on at level 185.. beware the NT with enhanced Queens.. we are a comming.

104 doc replies

Ok, so maybe there actually IS a doc out there who can finish people off. I guess he/she has a VERY respectable level.

At my lvl 104 (and I AM an atrox with maxed HP, full elite set and so on), a PvP fight looks something like this.

Your grace period has ended.
    X hits you for 2000 points of projectile damage
    X hits you for 1500 points of burst damage
    (uses heal) You are healed for 900 HP
    (dead)

As a doc (even a big and nasty one with an OE support beam), I have two choices:
    1) take damage like hell, heal some of it, die slowly
    2) take damage like hell, try to attack, die fast

At higher levels, docs are very hard to finish off. Sure. But to balance this - how many does the DOC finish off? One every other year or so.

U are lvl 104...i guess u compare with someone at your lvl....plz tell me the name of the guy in your lvl range who hit u for 2k normal dmg in PvP...
    moon meeh

Re: 104 doc replies

Originally posted by D-Cypher
    Ok, so maybe there actually IS a doc out there who can finish people off. I guess he/she has a VERY respectable level.

At my lvl 104 (and I AM an atrox with maxed HP, full elite set and so on), a PvP fight looks something like this.

Your grace period has ended.
    X hits you for 1500 points of burst damage
    (uses heal) You are healed for 900 HP
    (dead)

As a doc (even a big and nasty one with an OE support beam), I have two choices:
    1) take damage like hell, heal some of it, die slowly
    2) take damage like hell, try to attack, die fast

At higher levels, docs are very hard to finish off. Sure. But to balance this - how many does the DOC finish off? One every other year or so.
    Just be patient; once you can CH and got good armour (mk2 for instance), 200 imps etc then you can last way longer So long that the other person will die

Lost to Earthmonster today, selfbuffed; he did quite some nice dmg and I was quite stupid to dot him (duh, rage), was a great fight though

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

104 doc replies again

Referring to someone in my level range? Nope!
    As we all know, clanners enjoy nothing more than taking their lvl 190 char out to kill off a few (?) Omnis of lvl 76-130. Anything higher than that, and I find they very often stay away. Am I exaggerating? Perhaps. Has it happened to me since lvl 76? About 50 times...

About the MA vs. doc thing.

I can't remember who it was (high level clan MA) and Letah were dueling in Omni Arena.

Duel was silly, staying at high HP and Letah was trash talking.

Letah obviously ran out of nano (before nano clusters) and said "oh forget this" and started to leave. The MA chased pretty close to the shop near the arena and killed her.

God I wish I could remember who it was, said "I hate trash talking docs" after it was done.

Like I said don't know who it was though.

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    About the MA vs. doc thing.

I can't remember who it was (high level clan MA) and Letah were dueling in Omni Arena.

Duel was silly, staying at high HP and Letah was trash talking.

Letah obviously ran out of nano (before nano clusters) and said "oh forget this" and started to leave. The MA chased pretty close to the shop near the arena and killed her.

God I wish I could remember who it was, said "I hate trash talking docs" after it was done.

Like I said don't know who it was though.
    Hehe yup, that was Johilat or something. Not sure what you refer to as trashtalking. In my opinion thats flaming, and I didnt. I fool around a lot by saying its easy and by yawning etc, to make the ma stop and letting me leave as if it has no point to continue the battle. Psychological warfare and often it works. But damn he critted me to death with his river6

MA's with a he/cc are quite challenging, and Johi was quite good. I'm glad crits are halved now ( - for letah, sucks for firerose.. )
    Last edited by Letah; Nov 11th, 2002 at 12:47:24.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah

Hehe yup, that was Johilat or something. Not sure what you refer to as trashtalking. In my opinion thats flaming, and I didnt. I fool around a lot by saying its easy and by yawning etc, to make the ma stop and letting me leave as if it has no point to continue the battle. Psychological warfare and often it works. But damn he critted me to death with his river6

MA's with a he/cc are quite challenging, and Johi was quite good. I'm glad crits are halved now ( - for letah, sucks for firerose.. )
    Yeah, didn't mean you were like cursing or anything. But saying things like "Never going to kill me" and stuff.

And yeah, was Joh, surely a longer match then I can ever do with anyone. Sorry about firerose too, nanomage soldier = cool imho.

Originally posted by Letah
    The new NR buff rocks, got 1200+ now.
    Didnt save you from my Rapid Palsy with just 850 in attack...

I wish you resisted as much as you speak of it
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Hmm, you have 1108+ NR without it?

I have 841 NR, thats with a Morphing Memory and a 200 bright and 200 faded, the extra if you have a shining 200 in your head (which seems crazy since its the shining for every nano skill) would give me 841+105. Thats 946. Now I know I get some from lvl 190-200 but even if I get 5 per level thats 996. Where did you get the extra 102+ NR?

Originally posted by Julia

Didnt save you from my Rapid Palsy with just 850 in attack...

I wish you resisted as much as you speak of it
    Full aggro

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Hmm, you have 1108+ NR without it?

I have 841 NR, thats with a Morphing Memory and a 200 bright and 200 faded, the extra if you have a shining 200 in your head (which seems crazy since its the shining for every nano skill) would give me 841+105. Thats 946. Now I know I get some from lvl 190-200 but even if I get 5 per level thats 996. Where did you get the extra 102+ NR?
    Heh now I make a 2nd post too

- Triple QL200 NR imps (yes I can afford doing that at my lvl)
    - +5 skill for NR
    - 2 x Notum Focus adding 20 each
    - Morphing NCU 35 NR
    - 2 x Ring adding 27 NR each
    - Doc NR buff adding 92 NR
    - Maxed psy + shades (even more psy) + psy boost
    - lvl 200.

Should get you at my skill as well. You cannot selfbuff 92 NR tho, I can
    Last edited by Letah; Nov 12th, 2002 at 10:49:42.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

What a bunch of whiners, you are not the only ones nerfed by crit nerf.
    I can't hit **** now, sure i don't die easily, so what if you get scared you can always just run, it's not like doc's do any seriously damage, and don't t give me crap about DOT's if your selfbuffed and do pvp, sure a doc will be cool for pvp, if you are fully buffed a doc is just a gimp, and has to be really lucky to get kills (talking about 2ho) Arena fights etc.. is just silly, but that FC's fault, team pvp sucks, as points aint distributed amongst the team, so you have to solo in pvp, and right now doc's don't get kills unless we do arena fights selfbuffed, and the person we fight is selfbuffed.
    And if you are so scared of doc's don't fight em, it's not like i pick fights with Traders, they hurt me bad...

Hehe thats my problem in getting novice, only apprent traders want to fight me

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Re: Doctors and PVP

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Docs are unkillable...heh (We will get to that, dont flame yet.)

and then a couple of posts later

Originally posted by Anikitos
    You are wrong Kromoz.

How do you explain the fact that i have taken lvl200 docs several times.

err, you sound confused to me

oh and please add that HIGH LEVEL DOC'S are hard to kill.

I have tested pvp doc from level 1-50 and have to say, though I can survive quite some time I am pretty much dead meat.

Other docs have basically told me "you are doing nothing wrong, pvp for doc's starts at 160".

blanket statements = bad
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I think a problem lower level casters have is the OEing. QL60 nanos vs QL100 weapons = dead caster. When many people equip QL200 weapons by level 120, only MPs can cast nanos high enough to compete. That leaves the other casters with a lot of catching up to do.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12