Thread: I'm disappointed.

I'm disappointed.

AO is a massively multiplayer online chat room. :P

I do enjoy AO. Not to be mistaken.

I love the graphics, I love the potential. I love implants, I love anything with a post apocalyptic setting.

I'm just so damn disheartened. The lack of real storyline... the lack of depth in the NPC's. I mean... couldn't funcom at least HIRE someone to RP full time and maybe help along with the RP aspect of the game?

I've not seen ANY RP in RK1!

Anytime I see people trying to enforce IC behaivor I see people getting confused and asking what "ooc" is. OOC: OUT OF CHARACTER. IC: IN CHARACTER. Not that difficult to figure out, it's been a major aspect of role playing games since the originiation! Anyone graduating from muds, mucks, EQ, UO or similar understands this. But no one... it seems, in AO, gets this.

So. I've developed a background story about my character, Isocyanate. What good has it done me until now? Apartments are useless, there is no real claim on property.

Our characters merely seem to be avatars in a chat room. Most quality chat rooms of this caliber CHARGE much less for the use. FC I'm PAYING for a MMORPG. I have a MMOCR. What can I do? I encourage RP any oppertunity I get. I TRY to RP in public places. I get *****ed at for doing so!

Not to mention... the language within the game is absolutely foul. I'm not watching myself here because I'm used to people /shouting obscenities all over the place, and most people don't respond to requests to cease. Not that I'm offended by any means but I'm concerned others might be and LEAVE - go figure.

I have an idea. Why not assign the greeters who're practically harassing ALT characters do something CONSTRUCTIVE and enforce RP by a means of: IF YOU DO NOT USE OOC: in front of your OOC vicinity chatting, you are picked up by people employed by omni-tek mental health services and are given an evaluation by a crat someplace and then locked in a room wearing a straightjacket for 48 in game hours.

That'd be pretty sweet.

Would definetely fix people's refusal to roleplay. ^_^

Maybe you should try for an M rating, add some nudity, sexual emotes and you'd have the worlds most popular chat room, ever. :P
    Last edited by Maitrize; Jan 10th, 2002 at 06:56:26.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

About the roleplay...

I hear you.. though I roleplayed my way through the time this game has been on, its hard to keep up...Why?

Because this aint a dynamic world, theres nothing in the world that incourage rleplay (read story...)

Though about the language... If people are to weak of heart to read profanity, I really dont think they should play a game wear one is suposed to blow each others head away...
    I would say, that to live in a better world, remove the violence before the profanity...

Oh well...
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Originally posted by Chagidiel
    About the roleplay...

I hear you.. though I roleplayed my way through the time this game has been on, its hard to keep up...Why?

Because this aint a dynamic world, theres nothing in the world that incourage rleplay (read story...)

Though about the language... If people are to weak of heart to read profanity, I really dont think they should play a game wear one is suposed to blow each others head away...
    I would say, that to live in a better world, remove the violence before the profanity...

Oh well...
    Daichan would find that funny. ^^; He prefers violence to profanity. Won't swear. Will yell at you for swearing. But then he'll RP your decapitation and lick the blood from his hands.
    .:: Isocyanate Doc
    .:: Onigiri Eng
    .:: Myaku MP
    .:: Maitrize Misc
    .:: Moruhine. Pita. Kechi!

Post ..........

I am O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame.
    Leader of the shovah.
    Commander of the burning zeal.

If you wish to affect something, you should join us, or atleast allie with us.

/tell oshovah