Thread: AO = Dead man walking?

Unhappy AO = Dead man walking?

I like this game but the fact of the matter stands that the game has its issues. Support has hit the floor and people are leaving continuously.

I would like to what are peoples honest belief in the future of this game.

I haven't logged on since the last patch.
    I think my MP is somewhere out in the middle of a field.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

My one and only real problem with AO is the complete lack of support. I've sent a couple emails to support@funcom.com and not even received an automatic reply, and it's a fairly important issue.

I wish they had a phone number. I don't care if it was just an answering machine; the deal with only being able to email a company and never get ahold of someone responsible or remotely knowledgable is.. very troubling.

But them's the breaks.
    Obligatory character links:
    -------------------------
    Cyrboc, Jobian cyborg on lease to OmniPol (R-K 1)
    Evely, aqua knight! (R-K 2)

That's stange. I've sent feedback/requests thru their online form and did get a response ticket, etc. etc.

Customer Service is there and they are pretty nice too.

I quit playing shortly after the game went live. Returned to AC and have been enjoying it. Lately patches werent very interesting so decided to try out AO for a free week.

First thing I noticed. Most of my site links from beta and early live were either dead or hadnt been updated since the last time I played. Second thing, message boards slow, real slow, very bad sign of player numbers and overall interest. I got nervous about even messing with it after seeing what the community was looking like.

Well after a couple days, I can honestly say its a lot better than it was. Graphics running great, missions fixed for less forced grouping, and overall more stable. But the disconnects are still there, or back if they ever were fixed, which is really annoying. Far to frustrating to spend money on at this point. Will return to AC for next patch, but plan on watching AO boards closely for signs of improvement.

LRRH. Its not support@funcom.com, but support@anarchy-online.com. They are pretty fast at replying. Ranging from 5 mins to 1 hour.
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

I cancelled my account a few months ago but had the 6 month plan so it's going to be truely canceled in less than a month.

But AO isn't all bad. I like the sci-fi theme, I'm happy with(yet not impressed) with the storyline. I've dropped in every once in a while and had some fun. But right now I lost my internet and have no reason or oney to keep playing.

I initially dropped out because I chose a Fixer I had planned to be a fixer well before the game was released by reading the beta/sales reports.
    Ultimately; promises do not equal results.

If I had the option I would still truck it out but I can't.

Oh well, I spend too much time on the computer playing games anyhow.

latter all.
    good luck on rubi-ka

Originally posted by LRRH
    My one and only real problem with AO is the complete lack of support. I've sent a couple emails to support@funcom.com and not even received an automatic reply, and it's a fairly important issue.

I wish they had a phone number. I don't care if it was just an answering machine; the deal with only being able to email a company and never get ahold of someone responsible or remotely knowledgable is.. very troubling.

But them's the breaks.
    The support is damn fine..
    petitions answered within an hour and mails within 2-3 days.

Dont know to much about petitions, very rarely do them, but if i do, i always do it at once when i log in, then im certain ill get help in an hour or 2.

Mails, i was surprised how fast it went, one day i send mail, an hour later i get the automatic response, I resend, then after a day or max 2 i got all my questions answered.
    NT phone HOME!!

Petition response

I have been happy with petition response times.

I wish I could find a few more player run maps, but perhaps people will come back and give the game a try and the community will grow larger.

I love (love) the sci fi setting. My friend and I were pulling our hair out trying to figure out all we could about implants and it occured to us that this is why we chose the game. We were sick to our teeth of fantasy. Glut.

So I am very pleased so far. We shall see.

Mr. Book.