Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nanomages: Their advantage?

Abilites HAVE *BREED CAPS*

gg Megabio.
    Know it all, you aint.

Originally posted by Garzu

That Atrox NT cant have maxed his Int... or the Nano breed got better implants... or you must have failed to get the lvls right... or the nano breed got a vest + robe + shades...

41 difference in MC at lvl 100... it is simply wrong, period. Ask snarf, he is lvl 160 and his MC isnt 41 lower than an equal lvl nano mage NT. Cause if your numbers were right, he should have at least 60 MC less than a nano mage.

The only difference i'de say is that almost all my implants reflect +Int and those clusters were not used by the Atrox NT. He had more clusters then I needed such as for str, brawl etc. That's the only difference.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

The only difference i'de say is that almost all my implants reflect +Int and those clusters were not used by the Atrox NT. He had more clusters then I needed such as for str, brawl etc. That's the only difference.
    Hehe, there you go... your implants are different... if both of you had the same implants, the difference would be maybe 5 in MC.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu

Hehe, there you go... your implants are different... if both of you had the same implants, the difference would be maybe 5 in MC.

I doubt that. I'm only gaining about +25 at most Intelligence over him.

Megabio
    Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Abilites HAVE *BREED CAPS*

gg Megabio.
    Know it all, you aint.

Not trying to object, but, when do *BREED CAPS* happen?

~Chris

>EDIT<

Looked into breed caps, though by the time they transpire (level 140ish it looks like) you would nearly have enough skill for your best nanos anyway. Also, 25 extra levels of intelligence (or whatever it may be [75 pts] is about 20 extra nanoskills, which is sort of mute at that point)

</EDIT>

The differences between the breeds right now are the base value, cost and maximum on the six main abilities (Strength to Psychic), and the amount of health and nano points gained per level and per rank in their respective skills.

We are considering several ways of making the breeds stand more apart, especially the nano breed, but won't divulge any details on that yet. You'll have to wait on the edge of your seat.

Megabio...Psychic does work. Psychic affects the nano pool through the Nano Pool skill. This skill is linked 70% to Psychic, and so gets most of its 'ability bonus' from that ability. The effect is more noticeable at lower levels, but is often overseen since you can only increase Psychic three points per level, which does not always give an extra bonus. Perhaps this is why you feel it is broken?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Cosmik: I think MegaBio's point was that even when raising Psychic raises the Nano Pool skill, this increase in the Nano Pool skill is not reflected in actual nano available. I can't comment either way because I haven't tested it.

Also, since you're here, can you comment on the fact that Nano Resist is does not get *any* ability bonus plz?

BTW, the Vest dropped by Professor Van Horn is a Kevlar vest. I.e. it has Strength/Agility abilities. This is somewhat ironic because Strength and Agility are dark blue to Nano mages, hte only breed that can wear it!

Creep.

Megabio
    Originally posted by Cosmik

Megabio...Psychic does work. Psychic affects the nano pool through the Nano Pool skill. This skill is linked 70% to Psychic, and so gets most of its 'ability bonus' from that ability. The effect is more noticeable at lower levels, but is often overseen since you can only increase Psychic three points per level, which does not always give an extra bonus. Perhaps this is why you feel it is broken?
    Unless fixed in a recent patch, PSYCHIC DOES NOT WORK.

Have some char that does not max psychic skill, and then max it. You will see the nanopoint skill on the list go up, but not the actual nanopool that you can use.

Same thing goes for Psy implants and 'Added' (extra points to the skill, not actual nanopool) implants.
    ~Chris

umm are you hitting accept in your test of psychic?

body dev is the same way, you have to hit accept to see the gain.

*shrugs*

seems to work perfectly fine for me, and I tested it. Only increased my psychic until I got one point of nano pool, then accept. BOOM, MORE NANO.

dunno, maybe your account is bugged or something IF you tested THIS WAY.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Well Cosmic, this is indeed very good news, but i really hope you give nano breed something worthy, not some stupid +50 nano resist thing. We get 600 less health and 200 more nano pool than solitus at lvl 159, we should get 200 less health, so to begin with, give us more health, then add some nano bonuses
    NT phone HOME!!

We are considering several ways of making the breeds stand more apart, especially the nano breed, but won't divulge any details on that yet. You'll have to wait on the edge of your seat.

Will this affect nanomages who have already been created? I'd certainly hope so.

Just to repeat it in this thread since Cosmik seems to read it:

Psychic _is_ broken.

It raises the Nano Pool points, but the Max Nano doesn't raise with it. I checked it with multiple chars, with raising Psychic within the skill system and by implants.

Phew. Is it hot in here, or am I just being flamed?

Ok, I've recieved some new information on this, so let me get that out before I get flamed more.

Firstly, there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the Nano Pool skill (which is found under Strength, Stamina etc in the skill view). I now know you are talking about the Nano Pool statistic. It was an honest mistake.

Yes, as I said before, Psychic affects the Nano Pool skill (increasing Psychic increases Nano Pool skill). But, and onto the actual concern, that increase does not have an effect on the Nano Pool amount. This is a bug, it has been reported, and it will be fixed.

Did I do a better job that time?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Yes, as I said before, Psychic affects the Nano Pool skill (increasing Psychic increases Nano Pool skill). But, and onto the actual concern, that increase does not have an effect on the Nano Pool amount. This is a bug, it has been reported, and it will be fixed.

Can we have a rough ETA on the fix? 13.6 (it sounds more like an coding oops than a major problem)? 13.7? or more like 27.5...

yup also are there any plans to fix the fact that a light orange with a StickODoom or MaceFromHell is more dangerous than a full red with a gun by what seems like a few orders of magnitude? They both hit for roughly the same damage only the stick/mace hits like 2-3 times faster.

Also as an MP i would like my debuffs to have some affect on a mob in PVM, as it is i can knock -75 off with unmake and -38 with mind howl to a mob that nearly dies from a single mindhowl and watch it heal with it's normal heal. The only mob it seems to have any affect on whatsoever is neleb the derranged and his shield. (yea yea i know mp's have had alot of love lately but we arent the only class that can debuff and since the mobs will change with the overequipping thing it shouldnt be a huge leap to fix their skills at the same time.)
    Last edited by Tetra; Jan 15th, 2002 at 11:38:23.

Thumbs up

Yepp, sure did. (two diff things with the same name, aka easy misstaken)

This will be a nice nanopoints boost for the mid/high level chars.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Thanks Cosmik for the response.

Can you also confirm Nano Resist is not getting any ability bonus, and whether this is also to be fixed please?

Creep.

i know another bug with psychic, and since cosmik seems to be reading this thread, ill post it here
    you dont get the bonuses to nano resist you should for psy, nano resist is like 50-70% psy(dun remember atm exact %) but raising psy 100 poings, rased my nano resist exactly....... zero.
    makes it hard to hit the resist point on nanos, which is probably part of the reason everyone thinks nano resist sucks. )

Phew. Is it hot in here, or am I just being flamed?

Ok, I've recieved some new information on this, so let me get that out before I get flamed more.

Firstly, there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the Nano Pool skill (which is found under Strength, Stamina etc in the skill view). I now know you are talking about the Nano Pool statistic. It was an honest mistake.

Don't forget Nano Resist, it suffers from a similar bug. It doesn't recieve any bonus points from abilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12