Thread: Billboards, Towers & Yalms

Question Billboards, Towers & Yalms

((OOC:

How is everyone dealing with the new billboards, shops, etc., from an RP perspective? There's been no "official" news regarding the announcement of property/notum market deregulation (no worries FC, I know you're busy with the whiners and bugs), so, from an IC perspective, don't you think the entire population would be walking around being just a little bit confused?

Just curious...

I read it in the Herald (It was just not in the part they put on the AO website)

((OOC: Are you trying to say that its odd IC that they suddenly appeard? Yes, its odd =) But wouldnt it be interesting if day by day it slowly was built? That would be interesting.))
    Reynaldo "Monilith" Griffel
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

((that would mean they'd have to patch everyday...that would crash the forums with all the whining! ))

Myers: I don't follow. You mean the Omni-Herald? (i.e., official news)

((Hmmm..good point. =| ))
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

I for one am a little bit upset that they put up billboards in Rome. By all means advertise your heart out in Omni-1's trade and entertainment districts, but Rome is somewhat special. It should have been spared.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I agree in a general sense, Savoy. But you have to give them credit, the placement of the Billboards is still tasteful. I absolutely love Rome, and always sit on the benches of Rome's park facing the central pool. I was happy to see that none were added anywhere near there. The billboards are all in high-traffic areas of Rome, by the gates, so I have few complaints.

Too, I would imagine that these billboards won't be here for long. They're done to hype up and draw attention to the new stores, and once those stores (and the new Yalms and towers) become entrenched in society I would imagine they'll be taken down.

/me smiles
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way about Rome

((How’s this for an IC substantiation of this “sudden appearance”: /OOC))

ICC Information Leak on Mining Property Market Deregulation

ROME – November 7, 29476

Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Corporation (“OTRK”) effectively confirmed yesterday that recent rumours emanating from the ICC headquarters on Earth of an impending ICC-legislated deregulation of mining property ownership rights is looming ominously on Rubi-Ka’s horizon.

This effective confirmation is a result of an undeniably well-planned and executed “midnight run” by Omni-Reform advertising personnel, during which certain billboards displaying specifications of citizen-owned control and defence structures were erected across Rubi-Ka. The urgency and expediency of this move by OTRK personnel can only be indicative of one thing – the landscape of Rubi-Ka is about to become even more anarchic and chaotic than at present.

On a related note, new commercial establishments were also unveiled, and are staffed by personnel familiar with the designs and specifications of these structures, although little is being said with respect to the timeframe and manner in which derugulation and dispersion of the rights to mine notum reserves will be implemented.

Details are unfortunately scarce at this point, but inside sources have stated they expect the ICC to issue a statement sometime prior to the end of the month.
    Last edited by Ammicus; Nov 7th, 2002 at 18:34:11.

Rome is indeed a beautiful place. I ran through Rome yesterday, although I didnt have a chance to see the billboards. I suppose its a tradeoff. Nothing under Omni-Tek can survive without advertisement and clever slogans.
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

Lightbulb Ingenious Marketing

One of the best marketing stratagies I have seen, priming the mass population with subtle hints and tastes of things to come.

Personally I made it a point to visit one of these shops in Borealis and had a convorsation with one of the tech workers there. He seemed to be in quite a hurry to get all the units installed because as he said, large quantities of these towers were being shipped as we spoke to OTRK. He didnt much like being delayed with idle chit chat so I left him to his work.

On another note, take alook at the billboards for these towers and look into the right hand corner as to who is seemingly the sponsor, if that does not implant the ever growing sense of pending war, well then I dont know what would.
    Last edited by Tisantous; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 10:27:49.

Like we need more OT advertising in Borealis, hmpf.

That little town where I grew USED to look nice, now it's all defaced.

((they do look nice graphically tho ))
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Billboards

They are places right in Tir and Old athens. But I dont care for them to much at Fair Trade in Tir.
    President of the Knights of Sacrifice
    www.knightsofsacrifice.org
    Agent Scorpion21