over 1k+ a hit.
    wont die.

Problem?

WTF?

Solve?

Cant?

Thumbs up

I agree with Cloudeh. And he's killed me once or twice too

MPs ARE invicible. You root the pets.... NOW WHAT?? Shoot the MP the heal pet is right there. Shoot the heal pet it heals itself. My main is a level 91 MA, and I *try* to PvP despite my min-damage-doing tendencies. I fought a level 80 MP once, with pets orange to me, which I was willing to accept. I was totally unloading on the heal pet. Dimach, QL 200 bird of prey, QL 118 BwT, brawl, take out the bow - fling/aimed, put bow away, and then just bang bang bang.... I killed it! Problem arises - I seem to have an attack pet with anima on hitting me for 200 dmg. Before I can get a heal off before I begin attacking the MP, I am dead. Well, I guess it's a little unfair, but I lived with it. The NEXT day is when I really got pissed off

I had apparently had a little too much crack one morning and I decided to fight an MP again, this one only 4 levels down. I use same strategy, and due to my insane amount of outside buffs (major health graft and cyclops) I am not QUITE dead and I'm able to heal myself up to about 1/3 and I start hitting the MP. What happens next? In 4 freaking seconds, the MP has a new heal pet out, and the battle is pretty much lost for me. Now THAT needs some balancing. MP pets, with their low hp/AC but high damage/healing power, should not be disposable. I understand crats and engies have an advantage - they can just run around a buncha shell and the instant the first pet dies they can crank out a new pet. However, this is not a useful tactic in PvP because I'm *hoping* that no one goes for the pet when fighting an engie/crat - they just have too much hp and AC, and engies normally have pets twice their level due to infinite duration (not complaining about this) and crats have some pretty good pet heals. Back on subject... an MP is practically impossible to kill unless... I dunno... you're another MP and you cast a debuff or something. SO... what are we gonna do about this? My solution -increase MP pet summon time to 45 secs. Does this present a hindrance? No. Blah blah blah but in missions if one dies we need to get another out as fast as possible or we'll die. Deal with it. And my second solution - Put PvP damage back!!!! Was anyone COMPLAINING? Oh, but we're small and weak and agents and martial artists and soldiers can kill us in one hit. We're SUPPOSED to be able to do that. Have you ever seen a main get sniped right between his eyes and then just say "Woah, that almost knocked me off my feet!" NO! And as for dimach... that is supposed to be the ultimate attack in the game... doing incredible damage, it is even described (shift+click) as a 'death touch.' Well, if by death you mean almost half dead, then yeah. One hit kills are what makes or breaks PvP. If I don't kill you with my dimach then I'm pretty much screwed cuz after that I'm just gonna be binking you for min damage. If aimed doesn't kill you, then an agent's all outta specials. If an NT doesn't kill you with his uber 15 second casting time bazillion damage nuke, then he's in bad shape I guess. And soldier... they're supposed to be the epitime of uber PvP man. All classes should bow down to soldier in PvP. I don't have a soldier. A soldier should be able to take on and kill 3 or more aggressors of his level. Fullauto one, Burst/fling another, and then put up MK shield and deal with the last one. That is my exceedingly lengthy post containing my grievances and how to fix everything =D

started reading your post, then I saw no paragraphs after the first, and said "yuk".

sorry, didnt read it.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

OK...

...I'm a PvP newb, a lvl 35 MP...with mad buffs and imps I can get a QL 57 attack pet ( i think). But here's the problem...I'm a nano-mage, am I just gonna get owned by quick/big damage? If thats the case I might as well re-roll right now cause eventually (between 50-70) I want to start really PvPing. I find I am naturally good at this game from playing UO and PvPing, cause it taught you to keep track of a lot of things in the heat of battle with your heart racing...debuffs, buffs, mana (nano), heal tacs, weapons, etc.

I hope I haven't screwed myself with my breed. Any advice I'd apprieciate...

Harbodus
    35 MP Clan

Just before i go on, THIS THREAD DID DIE SO NO FLAMING TO ME OKAY!

I aint fought a MP in a long time but...I did think of this.

Solitus - Say 1000hp.

40% is 400
    400 x2 is 800

So two hits for 400 which is Easy nowadays.
    And half a crit.

Pet heals for say 200

bleh

nanomage

800 hp.
    40 % is 320
    320 x 2 is 640
    plus half a crit 160

3 crits and half a crit.

It does not matter which proff you are.
    HP does not matter PVP.
    Because anyone and ANYONE will just need 2 crits onm them, or MAX HITS and half of that next time.
    This has happened many time to me.

but did you ever think of the heal pet?
    He has less hp the nanomage does, and pet heals for the same but fills more of it up considering.

Aha?

WOOT

PVM your sucky tho
    Thats why you use pets

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    85 mp , everything is "green" light green ****ing, GREEN.

I qas 109.
    she killed me twice in a row.
    Problem?
    What if I wanted to fight a Mp MY level.
    [/B]
    That MP was "your level" for all intents and purposes... or did you forget about those 18 levels you just passed that your skills just quit being advancable?...

Seriously... if you cant kill a green MP pet as an enforcer you just suck. The healpet that MP was using heals about 300-500 every 7 seconds if im not mistaken usually averaging though around 350-450ish, if your hitting the pathetic little thing for 1k then you should be able to easily drop it.
    oh... and follow the link.
    Last edited by Tetra; Feb 8th, 2002 at 10:55:01.

hmm

Well my mp has been killed by an enforecer 9 lvls below me when i was lvl 86 and he was 70ish with a beam and a crittbuff on ofcource!
    Just dont attack the pets, its stupid.

This thread is an oasis of joy and fun in a grey day of work.
    Thanks very much keep it up !

Just let me heat it up ... mmmmhhh .... oh yes here :

I never lost one single PvP fight to a MP in the 90-110 range at level 101. Not one...
    ie : I win them all with 50-70% health left.

Oh and no exploit involved, I wouldn't know how to exploit anyway.
    Last edited by Unexpected; Feb 8th, 2002 at 16:14:39.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

My level 51 MA has killed every META in her ranage. from 37-67.

Lotta dead metas =[

So that range isn't the uber range of the class.

my god dood why the hell are u using a hammer solo pvp? use a beam dood. beams are the best, if ur not atrox then u should be using riders. dont use hammer unless ur ganging ppls. i did notice that everytime you loose to anybody in pvp you tend to come and b|tch about your loose and nerf this nerf that. ive had it with all this screaming nerfs. i dont hear trystar *****ing about qwerty killing him in a duel in the arena. you need to either get used to the currently situation or lvl up and use good ql200 weapons, hammer is just not the way to go solo pvp at higher lvls.

WILL YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP I AINT WHINED ABOUT NO PVP LOSS!
    I SAID THE POST IS DEAD DID YOU NOT ****ING READ YOU ****ING RETARDED MOTHER ****ING RETARDS!

Now that the idiots are dealt with.

Tetra:

I wear a Ql 200 Hammer.
    I am Solitus.
    I have maxed 2hb and Stam.
    I have Implant, ql 120 for my WEAPON.
    I have 850 something atck rating.
    1000 with Challenger.

Now tell me whos wrong here?
    Obviously you are, why? Becuase I have the best attack rating "possible" for my level.

And the fact I didnt use a treatment exploit to get better imps on so there you go.

I am moving to 1hb.

Maybe.

Alloy and Lead Pipe
    Or
    Alloy + Rider Executioner.

I can already Wield a 160 rider from when I "USED" to wear one.
    I am moving back to them now.
    Hammers dont get better than this.

Cloudeh gets a little worked up.

But his point is valid. He spoke nothing about PvP losses.

I will also have to agree with him though, MPs are tough. Greenies, though are a different story, but still, those heal pets are starting to have lots of HP.

Perhaps you guys are just fighting bad MPs?
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

OMG what a total lamer - u have proved u know nothing about MP's so here for all u knowledge (and some fellow MP's aint gonne like me for this) is how a enforcr can beat an MP easy

1) take on the heal pet - as soon as it starts healing itself it cannot stop healing till its life is at full and so..
    2) kill the MP in the time the pet is healing

any simple fool can do this - i constantly get ganked by NT's who know this - they nuke my heal pet till i set it to heal itself then they nuke me 2-3 times then nuke the healer then repeat till im toast

u just dont think of things this complicated and thus i can understand y u lost - to win u have to think not beat away without caring

(oh and i know some people have scripts that get round this *points a finger at himself* but it takes a few secs before the pet starts healing the new target - think ql 200 hammer = 1 hit 1 brawl 1 dimach on MP with no heal = dead MP)
    Last edited by Moodyman; Feb 12th, 2002 at 11:43:51.

So the thread is dead ?

Well, I just guess that some people in PvP could manage to loose to a Crat ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

dead, or not...

I am an MP and agree it's a bit overwhelming that an MP's healer can heal themselves in pvp. On top of our pets being "uber" as everything has declared, this is a little silly. However, I do believe healing pets should heal themselves when you are attacked by 2-3 npc's... maybe they should either eliminate self healing in pvp which seems a little hard to do, or lower the hp's of the healer. Most healers aren't tanks, the healing pet of an MP shouldn't be the exception..

Moodyman: have you tried using a med-kit?
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

heh i would but just one thing - First aid skill = 98

my treatment is maxed (as it should be) but ubless they taget off me i cant use em) and so that little green ball of life is my only option

Interesting for such an "Uber" Class, I am yet to see a Novice MP. Or even an apprentice for that matter...

Yes MIkebond i agree! i have allso never seen a rookie or novice MP yet i see TONS of novice agents and soldiers and NTs

Not everyone PVP mike

Oh and I dont play and mp.

Cough

Grimfaith

Oh well.

Shame some people are dumb and retarded and cant think properly, oh well.

Originally posted by Vandame
    Yes MIkebond i agree! i have allso never seen a rookie or novice MP yet i see TONS of novice agents and soldiers and NTs
    Yes some Prof's are better gankers than others.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast