Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Of fixers and special attacks. (Soldiers, read)

Of fixers and special attacks. (Soldiers, read)

What'd i tell ya? Patch paranoia

with 1k init, my mcs recharges burst every 8 seconds rather than 28. My manex recharges burst ever 40 seconds with 1k init, and with 400 init, every 1 minute and some odd seconds. Kerans grinner, every 15 seconds with 1k init...

I'll bet the same happens with the flashpoint on a different timed basis and every other gun out there with specials. Soldiers that can get their init to 1100, please tell me what your burst recharges are with a flashpoint, nova flow, and hellspinner.

Burst is the most deadly special against the fixer. since specials are so needed to kill a fixer next to debuffs and nukes, this will make us easier to kill if you have higher init.

Say goodbye to the 15% scope.

You all can stop the whining now

(Although i dont see this as making GA 'useless' some fixers are blowing it out of proportion..have a good laugh on our profession's forum )
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

maybe thats true.. have to test it. I havent timed my burst recharge on manex yet... I have 1260 ranged init with it and i was testing it on the bartender.. i would burst. kill bartender run to treatment machine and fill health.

and repeat.

I did this many times and the recharge takes quite some time..

this gun is def no fixer killer tho, because 1/20 my specials can kill one..

1/1000 0000 0000 0000 0000000 0000 0000 00000 i could maybe... maybe... kill one with my regular shots.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Think Stromm were asking about special resycles on the other "soldier" guns when having high inits, and suggesting to try out ditching the scopes when your using Flashpoint etc??? Could be interesting to see how fast they come back as weapon specials are the Fixers worst enemy.
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

that's precisely what i was asking..and if a flashpoint burst comes up quicker, thats a good thing. Not necessarily saying fixers will be 'easy kills' for soldiers, but im saying it might be a little more balanced in a duel.

With a flashpoint youll have more attack rating than with a manex. you don't have smg buffs. never said manex was a fixer killer :P
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

Ug.. man. it cost me 200k ip to get my scope on. what a waste.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Not exactly. The scope will still be useful, just not as useful against us as a TIM will be. Variety is the way it should be, different methods of fighting different professions.

SupernovaMKVI/Flashpoint/Hellspinner will be the way to go.

Best gun for this purpose would be the Div 9. I'll log on to test it as soon as I'm confident that they have patched and fixed all the bugs in 14.6 so that I don't have any more bags go poof.

1280 init with Hellspinner, burst recycle no different than it was when I used my 13% LLTS?...still around 30-40seconds
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

MCS recycle *definitely* changed.

Maybe try a gun like the Div9 where the already short recycle time will make it more noticable?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

For the record, Div 9 used to recycle burst in 26 seconds before 14.6.. Will log on to try this post 14.6 as soon as the server patch is live.

Post 14.6

Div 9 with 492 RI - 18s
    Div 9 with 1230 RI - 18s

Seems like they increased the recycle rate of burst in general. Inits seems to have little impact on it.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Post 14.6

Div 9 with 492 RI - 18s
    Div 9 with 1230 RI - 18s

Seems like they increased the recycle rate of burst in general. Inits seems to have little impact on it.
    Wonder if its based off your unbuffed init like recharge on weapons used to be? I can see FC messing that up
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Ok, then, i ask you to think about this:

If our long term HoT heals once every 10 seconds, and burst recharges every 18 seconds on a div9, don't you think the fight could be more balanced?

Or how about using an mcs even? A burst will recharge at a faster rate than the long term HoT will. that's how i could kill fixers wielding manex's, by using an mcs.

Buffed myself with RC and Burst exp, still 1230 init:

Div 9 burst - 13 seconds
    Nova Fling - 15 seconds

Now we're talking. How does 1000-1500 every 13 seconds and 3-400 every 15 seconds sound?

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Buffed myself with RC and Burst exp, still 1230 init:

Div 9 burst - 13 seconds
    Nova Fling - 15 seconds

Now we're talking. How does 1000-1500 every 13 seconds and 3-400 every 15 seconds sound?
    It *sounds* like div9 won't be the gimp gun at higher levels everyone thinks it is =)

I will. Just need to make some shining burst implants to have the highest possible burst for testing.

Did some testing with Stromm in the hope bar tonight. It appears that Div 9 bursts are enough to out damage dual hots. Might be interesting to try in live action.

Stromm stop helping them! We won't be uber if you tell them how to beat us!

TL5 Hellspinner

Unbuffed - 41 seconds burst recycle
    RC + exp - 35 seconds

Nothing that will cause a riot at least.

I don't get how in the world stromm's MCS bursts at 8 seconds then? It must've had a longer recycle than the div9, which is now 13 seconds with your super burst skill...
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast