Thread: Anyone else afraid to log their main?

Anyone else afraid to log their main?

I know I am, so I decided to roll an alt and check out the new character creation, its pretty nice, had fun talking to everyone =)

Red face I'm scared!

I'm terrified!

I will not be logging in until there is one of those "emergency patches."

Maybe I will do the same-
    make a new character. That should be safe.

Unhappy

Same here.

Had one bag turn into a lousy bracer already and I decided to shut down my main(s) untill all this with items/uniques disappearing, has been fixed for sure.

This is really really poor customer service. A sickly bugged patch. And it's been known on the test servers for weeks that these bugs were present..
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Yeah, I heard the bugs have been on test for a while too, that is the part that has no excuse. If its there and they're told a month or so earlier it shouldn't make it to live =(

Not the unique bugs.
    Nor the inventory gremlins.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Rolled a new character (MA) when my patching was complete. Yes, the "Morning Star" was really cool, gave you sorta nice "welcome to Rubi-Ka" feeling.

Well, I was cleaning my characters from old "never gonna use again" characters, and... Tir Crashed! Oh well I thought, no biggie happened before

Then when I started to play with the new-rolled fella... Everytime I zone there's a lag on 10-20 secs (game seems to freeze). Ping is fairly okay, even though I've had some issues the past 1-2 weeks with peaks up to 25-30k. (I'm on a godd**n 10MB line)

Anyhow, I've not logged with my main, inv mezzups, items vanish and such things... so I'll have patience and check out the commercial adds of the new Yalms with my MA...

I did as you guys and gals. Rolled a alt to check out the morning start start up ship. I must say that the work FC did on it is great. The layout is cool, inteariour sleek and the NPC chat is good and gives alot more info then before. Should be alot easier now for newcomers to select a breed/profession/side that fits them.

But Im not gonna log in any of my "main" characters before the emergancy patches on thursday and friday.

I've logged in my main but not touched *anything* she has on her or in her bank. I had rerolled my little agent a couple of days ago so it seemed like a good time to level her up and check out the newbie dungeon. I hope this all gets fixed soon.

I did the same. Created an alt to check out the new character creation process. Also to check out the new dungeon. Thumbs up to both

But I did log on my main (me) for about 2 seconds just to get a pair of sunglasses (just GOTTA have sunglasses) ... was kinda scary ...

kymmie

Angry omni trade

Yep i logged on my beloved alt and zoned into omni trade. Game froze. i reset and trried to log on him . now it wont log onto him . However i trtied other chars that werent in omni trade and they work. this is on rk1 btw. becareful!

Originally posted by Jica
    Had one bag turn into a lousy bracer already and I decided to shut down my main(s) untill all this with items/uniques disappearing, has been fixed for sure.
    Check it isn't actually still in the bank elsewhere, I had this happen too, but it turned out the bag was now right at the end of my bank items. It looks like when the bracer drops out, it takes up the same space as the bag but the client isnt informed so you see an empty space. When you put the bag back, the client puts it in the empty space quite happily, but the server knows there is a bracer there so puts it in the first available space. When you next open the bank, its now back in sync, so it looks like the bag has become a bracer, when in reality, it has just been put elsewhere.

Now, I'm not saying the same thing has happened to everyone, quite possible people have actually lost stuff, but I'd check just to be sure, you may get a pleasant surprise.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Yes i have the same fear. trying to figure what kinda alt to start....

amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Well I finally gave in and logged my main after Friday's patch. Most of the major bugs seem ironed out. Pet mobs aren't as difficult as I thought they would be, but I can see how the first room would be a major problem with no calmer. I'm back to the hamster wheel now =)

not sure if i lost anything... had a full bank and tried removing a bag of items, when pow it removed 5 uniques from the bag slamming it all back into my full bank... so i spent 4 hours selling stuff to the store curseing this new change to how uniques are maintained...

why did they make such a dumb change like that? to keep people from stock pileing uniques? and why the hell are Wen Wens unique? (of all the bags i could of picked out of my bank, it had to be the Wen Wen bag) i had a super organized bank till this now its gonna take another 4 hours to finish reorangizing it and removing all the uniques...

i just hope all my bags of ql 200 armors and implants arent gone... i had bags and bags of every different kind of armor all ql 200... i was slowly making sets of ql 200 armors as i found the pieces... i had close to 3 sets of ql 200 Nano armor... still not sure if still do now thoe

Thanks FC
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Haven't logged my main since patch. The first thing I did was check out the character creation and I've had so much fun with my new crat and the subway dungeon that I haven't even felt the urge to log on to him.

Of course, reading about inventory bugs and screwed multimelee might have something to do with that as well....
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!