Thread: Petition: Mission Distance Slider?

Exclamation Petition: Mission Distance Slider?

Well, im sure i dont ned to go over again what we all think is wrong with missions, just go to the 'This is laughable' thread to see wot i mean, missions were fine before, 1 or 2 ppl moaned, now ALL missions are in towns (something i havenr seen since lvl 9) and pay 2-3k compared to 10-15k 2 days ago.

One very good idea i think kizzim brought up was a distance slider, an extra slider on the mission terminals that determined how far away your missions were, have the ends being close and far, full close would put it basically in thw town yur in or within 2 minutes walking from it, middle would put it around that area, mabe in the nearest towns, put it on full and it would be at far away towns in yur territory (clan/OT), so at 75% yu could customise how far away yur missions were, and ppl wanting that big cash award could put it right up and walk for the cash that they have the time for.

the casual players can slide it right down to a town to have some instant fun.

Now i dont want any veiws here, any ppl cirticising us criticising FC for doing this in the first place, just put here wot yu tyink of the idea, not too long plz =).

I agree, a distance slider sould be included in mission generators or at the very least have the ability to pick the zone.

In fact I think they should go further by adding sliders for the percentage of grey/green/yellow/orange/red mobs that populate the mission. I know this is what the difficulty slider is supposed to do, but it does not work.

I know this will take a lot of the surprise out doing a mission, but I am fed up with missions either being to easy or to hard at the same difficulty level.
    Also each of us will have different ideas on just what is easy and hard and that depends on class and level and play style. If however we have the option of setting the MOB's in the mission, then each of us can decide how easy/hard we want a mission to be.
    Perhaps even to be able to set the size of the mission to. On more than one occassion I have spent over 30 minutes running to a mission, only to find it consists of 3 mob's and 5 rooms. What a complete waste of time.