Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition to remove (or at least super-tweak) pets in missions.

Petition to remove (or at least super-tweak) pets in missions.

It's insane. I wanted to see how "fun" the patch was, so I grabbed a quality level 180 missions (I'm level 200, shouldn't be that hard.).

Going into it, I cleared the main room, only had to zone out once. Then I went to the room to the left, and in it held an engy mob that was level 179, and his pet was ql 238. The pet hit me for over 800 damage a hit. I didn't last to the zone.

Please fix this. It isn't funny. And if this is an attempt to encourage outdoor hunting, that's great, though outdoor hunting XP still sucks. A 5% increase doesn't make hunting viable. (Though we have little choice now, it seems.)
    ~Chris

Agreed. This is a majorly BAD call.

Wow took 3 minutes to get it moved.
    ~Chris

Still we are able to find it. I would support this, it is simply awful for any non-crowd control solo play.

Lose em!

Count me in. I've been posting about how bad petcasting mobs are for weeks.

REMOVE PETCASTING MOBS NOW!
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

Pet Pinata

My Trader can't solo a 50% mission after the 14.6 patch if the mission has pet classes in it. Even if my mez sticks on the pet the mez will end before I finish the pet owner unless I get some lucky hits. An unmezzed pet pounds the crap outta me whether its owner is still around or not. Oh and no xp for the pet? Why am I wasting my time?

At least they didn't just delete it as I've noted they've done on several threads already.

Add my .05 creds to this !!!!

Adding pets was a nice concept, but the way NPC pets are currently working, along with Multiple pet class NPC's in an entry room is a major SNAFU
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Yes, remove them, please. Entirely and with prejudice.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Agreed it has been a failure !
    This patch sucks !!!!

I so agree.
    To say that this is mind-boggling is an understatement.
    To say that funcom extracted my brain from my head, banged it against the wall a few times, threw it out the window, ran over it with a mack truck, and then stuck the chunky kibbles back into my head is perhaps more accurate.

HOW DID THIS HIT THE PRODUCTION SERVERS?
    Even on test, this whole issue was broken. Everyone said that pets needed some serious tweaking before hitting live. Then, POOF. Here's the patch boys & girls. Lap it up! Never mind the razor blades.

My head hurts.

Arrow bump

Got my vote.

Sorry but none of the remaining players really wants to play a game that it takes 4 years to hit level 200 doing 50% team missions and dying repeatedly in half of them. However FC keeps turning the game this direction.

BTW you sure aren't getting to 200 outside anytime this decade.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Registered just to be able to comment on this.

Pets are horrible! All this does is add an extra monster to fight, makes a hard task virtually impossible. Not to mention all the bugs. For example, if a pet class tells its pet to attack, it does, charmed or not, or the fact that even level pet classes will summon pets multiple levels above you to quickly turn you into smashed meat.

it hurts. me, and my entire teams have died several times today due to rooms suddenly doubling in population.

Don't remove them. But some tweaking should be done.

I did a level 200 mission today with just my lvl 200 mp and a lvl 199 ma.

We did fine, but it was a bit hairy. And we both died once. :P

Obviously these pets are not within a few qls of their casters.

Ace crat hits me for 400-500 a hit. (No reflect.)
    Its ninja pet hits me for 250-900ish a hit.

Added together, they do more then Ace poachers do. And Ace poachers already had me running for mommy. :P

The biggest change I'd like to see to these pets however, has nothing to do with their ql. I want them to vanish as soon as the mob dies. Currently, if they aggro one of MY pets, they will continue fighting after their owner dies. It is kind of irritating to terminate and recast my pets just to end the fight. And no, I can't kill the mob pet. Me, my pet, a level 199 ma with 14% scope/uvc, weren't able to take these pets down before they would time out. Their hp is kind of sick. :P

Originally posted by Zylina
    Don't remove them. But some tweaking should be done.
    I don't mind having them, but they need to be removed while the tweaking is done. Reimplement them after they are modified and fully tested.

My bet is that this actually can't be done. I would bet that they cannot be fixed, because the NPC pets behave the way PC pets do (although at inappropriate levels), and 'tweaking' them would call for creating an entirely new line of pets. So it's either likely they stay (and a bunch of customers go) or they go (and a bunch of customers stay).

Or they can confine them to team missions, although that doesn't address the fundamental problems with the implementation.

remove them
    Proud Member of Eternal Fury

Shameless self-bump
    ~Chris

Making it so the pet is the same ql as the casting mob really can't be all that hard.

Now, I will be honest. Vet pet mobs were cake. Adding their pet didn't mean squat to me, simply because I can blow a vet out of the water much too fast for its pet's damage to become significant. I can imagine for the level 90ish player who is starting to run 185 BS missions, it might be a different story. Frankly, I say big deal. So some people have to lower the mission ql slider. It was already pretty pathetic how fast I could level a character once they hit the 90s. Considering the xp curve doesn't really start hurting till title 5, at which point a character can blow through vets with ease, I say keep them. Dropping mission ql isn't going to slow down leveling all that much, and I just don't see how any decent title 5+ players in a 6 man team can have a problem with these things.

As far as multiple pet mobs go, I can't sympathize at all. It really takes very little effort to stop from rushing headlong in to a room of three engineers. If you don't know how to pull or seperate mobs, then too bad. *shrug*

However, there is an insanely steep curve in difficulty as the mob ql goes higher. Aces/Real Means, as we all know have MUCH more hp then a Master or a Vet. That equals a much longer time spent killing them. This is where you start having problems. Those pets are quite balanced imo as far as short term high damage goes. But when a fight lasts as long as it does to kill Aces/Real Means, that added pet damage really really hurts.

How to fix? Well, I've been thinking, and to be honest, I only see the lower end of the game that really needs the tweaking. And just setting mob ql=pet ql should help a lot there. Aces/Real Means, and the ql 230+ mobs that cycle their names back to vets :P were already seriously out of whack for risk/xp.

Now, about soloing. mob ql=pet ql will help as well. You may have to drop the ql of your mission, but again, big deal. Soloing is never the best for xp anyways. And sadly, Funcom has now officially reversed their stance on being able to solo to 200. They have officially stated that this game is meant to be played as a team. Yea. Sucks. But if they have taken that stance, I don't expect them to really care too much how this affects soloability.
    Last edited by Zylina; Nov 7th, 2002 at 05:50:39.

Bump bump bump
    Drop pets like a bad habit. This idea could work but it needs serious reworking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast