Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REmove mob pets.

REmove mob pets.

No one asked for them and they certainly don't add to my gaming experience.

And next time you decide to make a major change like this ask yourself if it will make the game more fun. Cause this one sure doesn't.

Mobs already have the advantage of hitting hard and having tons of HP they don't need pets. If your giving the engies and MPs etc pets then i want them to have no HP and next to no evades as well so i can kill them as fast as their pets are killing me.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I think they should just be tweaked a bit.

I also think they should randomize the types of mobs more in missions to prevent boredom and give people more of a challenge. Why should there be three MPs? How about a mixup of different classes at the starting room?
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

ever tried to calm a ql237 demon?

you can't. I was fully drained at the time as well so my skills were damn high.

no to mention the insane evades on them.

just remove them entirely in my opinion.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Agreed

Ditch the mob pets. I posted something similar on the World of Rubi-Ka forum. I'm a level 100 trader and now calming a 120 mission is impossible for me. 3 warbots + 3 engys in one room isn't fun to try and calm, let alone try to kill.

Yes! Remove, exterminate, make them go *poof*, banish them to developer hell where they can torment the programmers eternally who put four Engi's in the front room who are chaincasting QL230 Slayers.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Well....

Well, you can calm them. It's just not easy. Probably high level crats can do it with mochams not all that hard. As a 154 NT without PM/SI mochams, I could calm one of the level 240 bots about 1/10 times. Not that that is any consolation when there are 4 of them in the first room! Just totally impossible to deal with in that case.

Really, no one would object to an equal level pet which does the appropriate damage for the actual nano which exists for players, especially if they didn't put 3 or 4 pet mobs in the same room. It would just ****e things up a bit. But these obscenely high mobs, with obscenely high nano resist, damage, and hps are just stupid.

In fact, if they had just spent a little time programming rudimentary mob AI instead of some of their other misguided features, they could lower mob HP to reasonable levels. But no, over a year after release, a ranged weapon mob will still run straight to 2 meter range if it ever gets out of line of sight, instead of doing something as simple as stopping when it first gets to line of sight, or maybe running into a clear area where LoS is reasonable but is still not at point blank range. Imagine how this simple trivial fix, requiring very little code, would improve mob behavior: you would have adds sniping you from long range, you might not always be sure where they were, and when they did lose LOS, they would run to an interesting new location you maybe wouldn't know in advance.... but no... they run to your face, get stuck on tables, turn invisible due to client/server sync problems.... sigh, it really is painful sometimes when you imagine what the codebase must look like.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

I asked for them

I like the idea of pets, and think that it can be cool. The problem is that my team ran into a misison thinking we could do the same lvl that we did before, and we got our aces kicked.

I want to play against them again, but maybe at a lower lvl.

I enjoyed the combat.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

hmmm ...
    no removing them would be boring.

my suggestion would be to half the casters HP, half QL of the pets or make em @ least same lvl as Mobs and make pets rootable. i can root em actualy but they break my root pretty fast.

and ... but best soluzion would be that Pet Mobs only cast pet when they r attacked. i can deal 1 MP with a demon, but i cant deal 3 MP with 3 demons. pretty noone could beat them.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

now after playing 14.6 with all the new stuff i find this has been the only problem for me (other than my first aid link disappearing for my hotbar but no biggie there) now my solution is that pets do not count against the % of mission solution but at least give xp i was level 172 with a team of similar ql taking on a level 188 mission and a demon took over 2 mins to kill and didn;t give any xp? now at least or RM would have taken a while to kill but at least hat would of netted me some xp and for teams on team lewt alpha the person that gets the pet's lewt gets cheated.
    thoise are my only complaints haven;t tried cycic dmg shield but even if they suck i don;t think i;ll care

The pet mobs are ridiculous - they are too high in level as it is and have far too many hps. They are the hardest mobs in any mission and offer no exp. They should poof when their master dies at the very least and could stand a healthy nerf. I appreciate adding difficulty but they are far too powerful and obviously so.
    Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
    Munchausen's EE Layout
    Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.

just dont hit the pets when their master is dead and they stop fight.
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

Make all mobs *only* able to summon pets up to their own level. Or even up to level 200.

At that level they are not insanely hard to deal with.

But a level 185 Engineer summoning a level 210 Wardroid in a solo mission is just crap.

My bot is no where near as powerful as that, and during the 2 minutes fight before it powered down after it's master died it had my bot down to a quarter of its health, while my bot had done no noticable damage to it. Prior to that it was trying to attack me with me only being saved by crappy pathing and a convenient wall.

Odd... I don't seem to have the ability to tank a mob bot that hits for 900 damage a time while I try and get all the aggro back onto my bot. If I'm not supposed to be able to solo these then please stop calling them solo missions.

What happens to mobs evades / resistances / HP over level 200 is quite stupid. But then you think you'd realise this since no one does missions over level 200.

As for not hitting the mobs. Okay... I'll turn off my 22% reflect shield and the same on the bot, I love it when mobs can do even more damage to me.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

A mate of mine managed to cast a Nano-Shutdown on an MP mob, who subsequently hit back by launching a demon pet.

How the hell does that work?!

Confused,
    Jehnah

The main problem with pets right now is what pre 14.6 if you got 50% mission you was pretty sure what you DONT get a red (or even dark orange mob) mob. Now its like a gamble with every pet class: red or not red pet? And in big enouth mission you ALWAYS get red or dark orange pet on you... And you die. This is unacceptable for soloing. Good team with calmer can deal with pets, without a calmer its just plain impossible now. And at high lvl pets got crazy NR and evades now... not good as well.

I like em. Even in a team mission where there are 4-5 metas in the first room and an engy in the next, it can be done and it's not too hard. Did it yesterday, took some work but it was fun and a bit more of a challenge than pre patch missions.

Originally posted by Jehnah
    A mate of mine managed to cast a Nano-Shutdown on an MP mob, who subsequently hit back by launching a demon pet.

How the hell does that work?!

Confused,
    Jehnah
    now THAT if fubar
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The pets add some nuch needed flavor to missions IMO.
    For the most part there just senery that give an MP, Crat, or engie mob a chance of being some whats of an obstacle. They arn't realy! If you have auto attack on in might be a wise idea to turn it off. The pet class mobs are still patheticly weak and if you kill the pets master the the pet or pets stop attacking you....now isn't that simple? took a whole 5 minutes to figure that one out...and only one person died

Angry

Well Sexi, I play a doc and I bet that one person who died was the doc. I don't have a lot of hit points, I don't have layers of shielding or mega armor, and my evades are basically zero. When I get hit by slayers, I'm gonna be critted, and if I get hit twice I'm finished. I've died in under 3 secs with a couple of Mobs pets on me. I don't have the luxery of waiting for the guys to kill the masters. For me to survive, the room has got be under control pretty fast; that is, that calmer has got to have the adds quieted, and aggro guy has got to grab aggro off me. If that doesn't happen, and with a room full of Mob pets it won't, I'm gonna be rezzing at the reclaim booth. And I've been doing that a lot since 14.6.

If you want to add challenge for the MAs, enforcers, and soldiers, then pets should not aggro the support team. Dying 3 or 4 times a mission, just isn't fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast