Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REmove mob pets.

Originally posted by kionni
    Well Sexi, I play a doc and I bet that one person who died was the doc. I don't have a lot of hit points, I don't have layers of shielding or mega armor, and my evades are basically zero. When I get hit by slayers, I'm gonna be critted, and if I get hit twice I'm finished. I've died in under 3 secs with a couple of Mobs pets on me. I don't have the luxery of waiting for the guys to kill the masters. For me to survive, the room has got be under control pretty fast; that is, that calmer has got to have the adds quieted, and aggro guy has got to grab aggro off me. If that doesn't happen, and with a room full of Mob pets it won't, I'm gonna be rezzing at the reclaim booth. And I've been doing that a lot since 14.6.

If you want to add challenge for the MAs, enforcers, and soldiers, then pets should not aggro the support team. Dying 3 or 4 times a mission, just isn't fun.
    Key Phrase in what you said: "My evades are basically zero". You should not be doing 100% missions till your evades are something other than "basically zero". I imagine anything kills you in 2-3 hits that is red, not just pets. If you don't want to PVP don't raise duck, but you really should raise dodge ranged and evade close combat for PVM. They really help a lot.

These pets have AMS ratings as bad as player pets, if you have a DMS around 600+ most pets won't even hit you. My Evade close combat is around 900, at 186 in 195 team missions most pets can't even hit me.

Angry mob pets too difficult

Bump the removal or nerfing of mob pets.

players without mezz capabilities can't survive in missions; even missions at our level. This drives people to mission only with teams and that's not acceptable.

what really makes me mad is that now you can't team with just a few friends either,

FC has gone and said you HAVE to work in a team of 6. those profs who don't have calms heals or tanking ability are screwed because now it hurts a team to have them and they are bad soloing for those same reasons.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

5 minutes of "testing" isn't enough

Originally posted by Sexynymph
    The pets add some nuch needed flavor to missions IMO.
    For the most part there just senery that give an MP, Crat, or engie mob a chance of being some whats of an obstacle. They arn't realy! If you have auto attack on in might be a wise idea to turn it off. The pet class mobs are still patheticly weak and if you kill the pets master the the pet or pets stop attacking you....now isn't that simple? took a whole 5 minutes to figure that one out...and only one person died
    hmmm you seem to be as stupid as the funcom management...

you appear to think that 5 minutes of testing would be sufficient to say "Yes, it works correctly".

Anyway, this recent patch makes the impression of being tested for not more than 5 minutes...

THINK!

Katerchen

REMOVE THE GOD DAMED PETS. And WTF is up with no exp when killing them? Who's majorly non-functional brain of the programmers came up with this BS?

not that hard to calm. me (crat) and a doc calmed our way to the boss room in a ql 187 mission right before the servers came down.

btw, i'm level 127 and didn't have mochams/outside buffs (besides health buffs from doc) on me.

They have all but removed them from solo missions

patch notes for today:
    notes
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Arrow

Sounds good to me. Will maybe have a look tonight and see
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

CZ, tell the DEVs thank you.

NPCs using pets have been further tweaked; the NPC will no longer spawn pets above their own level, and never above level 150.
    In addition, NPCs will no longer use their pets unless confronted by more than one player character.

This works great for myself and hopefully others that were having trouble. I found myself enjoying missions again.

I did have a saddening thought tho.... there are some solo players (from all the other threads about pets) that were enjoying solo missions with these pets.

New thought maybe 'My Buddy'. A device bought in stores and when equipped in a slot looks like a second person to the npc causing them to repond with a pet. Just a thougth to allow some that extra thrill they wanted. Upon completion of mission and recieving of token a % bonus for number of colored pets killed.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Nov 13th, 2002 at 21:29:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12