Thread: I predict lots of whinning

I predict lots of whinning

Mostly because of the new "FEATURE" casting ability of the 3 pets profession. Having to fight 3-4 Mobs in the main room of a mission suddenly turn into 6-8 it's gonna be VERY FUN :/

All pet profession monsters (Engineers, Meta-Physicist and Bureaucrat) over level 10 will now spawn a pet as part of their defence when attacked. They will randomly spawn one that is close to them in level. These profession monsters have been very predictable and "boring" so far. This will make them more in line with what it would mean to meet them in PvP - some challenge basically...
    Well for me if i want more CHALLENGE i will take a higher QL mission. Don't impose a HUGE change like that to everyone with stupid reasons like that.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

I can say that there most likely is not a single thing that _someone_ wont whine about....

Be it good or bad or indiferent somone will find a reason to whine...

So... I'll take your bet... 1 Cr.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Angry Time to cry NERF!

Dear god. Missions = rofl. Lets anaylize. First room: 3 MPsx1 pet(demon in a ql 132 mission) = 3 +3 = 6 mobs so far. Lets add another 1 eng with a slayor = 8 mobs + an enf = 9 mobs in main room. Um i have never seen HP bars drop so fast. I am a doc i didnt get 1 heal off before half my team was dead in the following recharge time i was aggroed by all pets and the enf insta death with 3k hp and 3 HOTs (have 3k ac and lvl 91 nano mage doc).

Um thats what we call overkill boys and girls. I was doing ql like 170-180 before this but we took a "low" ql and got slaughtered^2.

Um how bout not FC, points for effort but i think thats a bit much. Either get rid of pets or please nerf them. Please. did i say please?.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

The pet mobs do a lot of dmg, very true. I mean a LOT, specially engi and meta pets. wooh.

But you stated yourself that you were doing 180 missions before. It's funny because thats exactly why there pet mobs now. Because poeple were leveling increadibly fast doing team missions in a good group at lvls far above them.

Tweek pet mobs down, they do far to much dmg. 300dmg a shot for a lvl100 meta or engi pet easy, and very fast. Sure the casters hit for 75 and slow, but you get multiple engi's or metas on you, your as good as dead, and NOTHING can save you short of getting the HELL out of the mission.

Course I say go outside and hunt some creature mobs, no pets, better xp, and zones are crawling with creature mobs now (they were de-nerfed from way back in the day when most zones were nerfed.)
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Looks to me like this

1) more exp for mobs outside

2) you have to pull lower Q missions ( so less exp per mob)

conclusion, outdoor hunting will become something to do again and leveling will slow down. I think this is their intent.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Why shouldnt we be able to do what we can? i mean if we can do 180's then hell we should be able to. now i get 10k xp.. as opposed to like 40k-ish lol ok i have my MP he levels slowly takes a few missions thats a pain i am not gonna have that happen on my other characters cause then the game just wont be "fun" (lol at me calling it fun) anymore.
    Last edited by Toxinator; Nov 6th, 2002 at 23:00:53.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

I predict the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

I predict we will see another patch soon
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Sensible comments from Yazule ....

my own thoughts below.

Recently the playerbase of this game, for the most part, has been racing as fast at it can through level after level. In a game where the econmy favours the rich I don't really understand this.

I would much rather complete 5 missions getting 1 level, than 1 mission and 5 levels, because with the former I end up richer and better able to equip myself without having to rely on a high level Alt for my equipment needs.

I have been on team missions where people complained because the xp was crap, eventually a new mission at UBER level was obtained and i got 0xp as i died 3 times and the team disintegrated, no uber xp, no uber loot an unfortunately common occurance.

The game has changed, adapt or die.
    To the people threatening Funcom with "remove this feature or i cancel my account" I have only 1 thing to say to you...... Bye.

I agree, for those that say their goodbye's and do actually quit that is fine. What I don't understand is the people that constantly threaten. I'm not talking about AO in particular but MMORPG's in general, it is the same for them all really.

If the reason for the raised XP for outdoor MOB's and making missions harder then WOOHOO! I have been meaning to get some more sun on my MA's back as it is .

Maybe they could get rid of three MP's, Engies, Robotbuilders etc in the one room though hehe.

I find the new spawn refreshing in missions.

I had always wondered why you met a mp but no pet - seems more realistic to me now.

Only regret is that pets don't give xp - hence no reason to kill them.
    Ekata
    Unit Member of Lost Chapter

One of the problems I have with the pets in missions is that they keep attacking after their master's dead if damage has been dealt to it. That makes adventurer's shields useless. Another problem is that is seems to me like the pets base damage is very high; level 70 mobs don't hit me as hard as a level 40 pet has done.
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

I see 3 ways to deal with this change:

1- Hunt outside (yay, it's fun)
    2- Set the mission slider to Chaos
    3- Just cope with it

All 3 options are viable and those annoying beetles and bileswarms are much easier to deal with than the UBER engineers (Nerf 'em!...j/k). I like the added challenge. I'm coming up with new tricks to handle the pets. Before 14.6 I don't think I've died in a mission for several months, I was really getting tired of the whole "tab, q, turn right, tab, q, turn right, etc.". This is such a minor change but it adds a whole new level of depth to gameplay.

Keep up the good work Funcom!
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

I was in a team just tonight, and no engy pets were over level 180. Never saw a demon above 160. The "new level of depth"? Well, sometimes the tank wants to kill the pets and sometimes he doesn't

I ran a ql 180 mission on a lvl 120 team the other day just to see how bad the pets could be. (until this moment I had been hunting and waiting for the patch to become a bit more bearable to play in)
    We should have taken a more difficult mission. With a calmer on the team these pets are hardly noticable, and if you don't like calmers get an mp/trader. The mp in our team debuffed every pet mob he saw, and at least half of them never tossed a pet at us. This might be a coincidence, or FC might have actually given traders/mps a use in teams again

Originally posted by Skymarshal
    I can say that there most likely is not a single thing that _someone_ wont whine about....

Be it good or bad or indiferent somone will find a reason to whine...
    The truth is still ringing in my ears...
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor