Thread: MA 2HE weapons?? Please?

MA 2HE weapons?? Please?

Thanks for reading.

I'm a lvl 73 MA and I'm gonna use 2h edged. I can't guarantee that this is the best solution, but it is certainly not the worst. Got me a nice Katana and I like it so far.
    Taracan 215 Omni MA

Yep I've pumped a lot of points into 2HE and am so unimpressed. Katana's just don't do a lot of damage. Cetainly not worth the IP cost. Shrug. I would however, like to see some MA 2HE weapons as I've put way too many points into 2HE to stop now.

Ming, have you tried Longmoons? The damage is signifgantly better than katanas, and it only takes about 450ish init to cap speed with those.

The tradeoff between katanas and long moons is supposed to be speed vs. damage in a hit, but considering they both cap at 1/1 that's a laughable notion for every weapon in this game.

I've just recently talked to Nizno for quite awhile on some issues that I had, and questions and such.

One of the things I asked about was MA weapons.

As it turns out - There is a bug allowing you to punch when you have dual weild weapons or 2 hand weapons. Ala gun/hammer/*katana* etc.

IE, if you zone, equip weapon, you will still punch. This is not how it is intended to work.

MA "Weapons" are intended to be used in the offhand to supplement punching. If you use 2x1 hand MA weapons - You wont punch anymore.

These weapons use PHYS init instead of melee initiative for speed, and have a MA requirement to reduce the IP drain.

But yes, if you want to use a 1 hand weapon thats a "Normal" one, you will be able to , it will just cost you a lot more IP in Phys init, and the various weapon skills that weapon may use.

You should be able to punch with one 1 hand weapon after you zone. - Thats a bug.

You should not be able to punch when dual weilding or using a 2 hand weapon.

Thats the low down on MA weapons. But - They are the things that are currently being looked at, (Niz actually mentioned that they were kind of a joke atm) and the MA profession definately in the scope to recieve attention *now*, as in the next cab on the rank.

2HB MA weapons that dont require useless skills (i.e. Sneak Attack in G-Staff) would be nice too......

"You should not be able to punch when dual weilding or using a 2 hand weapon"

I disagree -- You dont need your hands to kick, and we should be kicking, just no animation for it so the punch one is used