Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyborgs?!?

Cyborgs?!?

My guild recently held an attack on the Cyborg camp in Tir Country.
    This has got me thinking. Forgive my stupidity, I'm still a reletive newcomer to Rubi-ka, but where did they come from?
    I'm just cruious......
    /me Sings "Curious Gar, the curious little atrox" to the tune of curious george.
    *EDIT* I guess I should also ask where they fit into the story line of Rubi-ka, or is there other info related to this already and I've yet to find it.
    Last edited by Garishna; Nov 6th, 2002 at 17:00:19.
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

Omni Of course

Omni is in sole control of this planet. If there is something out of the usual that you see, they responsible. Consider the rhinomen, if you talk to a guy in VW he will tell you a sad story of how they were cooked up in the omni labs, and now omni hunts them for fun. Consider Opifex, who were designed as notum runners, or Nano, who can only exist on RubiKa.

Unless you are looking at a really strange being such as engima tree, you can be pretty certain that omni has a patent on them. It could explain why all these creatures are so angry all the time.

If in doubt, kill first, and check for patent afterwards.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Mmm no, the borgs where cooked up by the Sentinels (radical clan) to be used against OT then went rampage and attacked both the clans and OT... You can find alot of cyborgs around the sentinels base in Mort....
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

emmm... actully.. tehn the borgs made themselves i think

No need to point fingers... but Animosity is right, we did create the rhinomen (Omni-Med) as an experiment, but who let them lose?? your beloved clans!!

We also tryed an experiment with kindness, and look what happened! now we got some freaking mutants calling themselves clans

Anyway, go read this about the borgs:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...esent/fiction/

no I still stand by my statement that the borgs where created by the Sentinels and then ran rampage.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

That would try to claim that the clans were actually intelligent enough to create something as a cyborg. Tree hugging hippies don't strike me as one's to dable in the matters of mechanics and physics.

Nice piece of fiction, but it sounds like one person started it all.. that guys son, whom ever that maybe.

At any rate, they are a scourge on the land of us clanners and they need to be eliminated, along with the mutants and the Dust Brigade. If we can kick them out of Tir country.... then maybe they will stay in those god forsaken Perpetual Wastes and a the Mort area. Nothing there of value anyway.

I'll have you know that Mort and Perpetual Wastelands both house part of the Neutral Comunity. He have the outpst Hope in Mort and the city of Sebulum (sp?) in Perpetual Wasetlands. In addition the self proclaimed mighty clan the Sentinals claim residence in Mort as well. I would far from say that these areas have nothing of value in them. I cuold care less your feelings towards Omni-Tek or the Clans but remember that the Neutral Comunity must live in the most uninhabitable locations in order to escape the constant name calling and petti hatered that you all share.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

future of cyborgs

The cyborgs seem to be creating their own cultures and communities out there. Despite whatever their origine, perhaps we should start a peace process rather than this draining destructive vendetta.

Cyborgs could offer much to human life, and we could offer much to their cybotic life.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I appoligise to the neutral community.... I didn't think many people lived in those places other than the sentinals and they can take car of themselves... not that they ever leave home.

I have no problem with neutrals, it takes great strength of conviction to remain neutral in this world.
    Hats off to you!!

Now as for peace with a cyborg... the first time I get anywhere near one of those flesh quasi metal freaks and it doesnt shot at me first, I won't hit it either. Maybe I'll have a converstaion with it.. invite it to my apartment in west athen and have a XxX Plumbo beer with it.
    But that's about as likely as me walkin up to the gates of Rome flying a white flag and not getting shot down where I stand.

Re: future of cyborgs

Originally posted by Animosity
    The cyborgs seem to be creating their own cultures and communities out there. Despite whatever their origine, perhaps we should start a peace process rather than this draining destructive vendetta.

Cyborgs could offer much to human life, and we could offer much to their cybotic life.

Ani.
    They shoot us on sight... makes conversation tricky... but I have actually calmed one down and tried to converse with it. It didnt have much productive to say though just kept babbling about how stupid we where and how smart he was... oh and threatening to kill me naturally

Let's initiate conversation after we've blown them into a million pieces. Then let the engineer's rebuild there memory banks and talk with them. I always feel better petting a tiger after i've tranquilized it, tied it down, de-clawed and de-fanged it. Then we can talk.

Originally posted by Iceman
    Let's initiate conversation after we've blown them into a million pieces. Then let the engineer's rebuild there memory banks and talk with them. I always feel better petting a tiger after i've tranquilized it, tied it down, de-clawed and de-fanged it. Then we can talk.
    Yeah why dont you just start doing that then... i'll stand over here, watching...

Your theory is an interesting one.

Last night I went out to see if this was possible. I found a Cyborg, who was not in the mood for talking. he gave the normal taunt but then went into his programmed behavior. I wish I had a NT there to calm him down a bit, but the negotiations went as normal. Meaning, that soon I was engaged in combat. The battle was mine, and I tried my hardest to kill it gently. There were major parts of the creature left, mostly the fleshy parts. As an MP though, I use mind pain to inflict damage. Unfortunately there was little left in its head exept jelly and blown transistors. I have passed the corpse onto an engie friend of mine who understands what I want to do. He also feels that my method of distruction has failed to leave anything of value. He has a simular problem in that he does energy damage, which leave cooked jelly and burned transistors. Perhaps there is hope with an enforcer friend of mine, he does blunt damage, perhaps he will only do body blows, and maybe we will get a head intact to work with.

I do not want to write of the cyborgs just yet. The Rhinomen will never be more than smart pets, but with cyborgs we have a chance.

If you have a cyborg head, please see if you can get anything useful out of it.

Ani.

Maybe we could.... cut the head off with a clean swipe of a blade. I know a katana would be great for this.. as I understand.. they were intended to kill with one blow. Historically... on old earth as I remember, they were tested on convicts in the old emipre where they originated.

Id' love to see what.. if anything they have to say.

Course the blunt thing would work too.. but I'm no doc.
    I can only cut things up hehe

/me looks in the sand for tiny bits of notum....

Oh, how about we get a sharp shooter to hit one right at the base of the next where the spine connects the to brain and basically paralize the bugger?
    Last edited by Garishna; Nov 8th, 2002 at 16:23:24.

"If you have a cyborg head, please see if you can get anything useful out of it."

*Looks over to his coffee table. A cup of coffee...black. A pack of cigarettes...and an ash trey. The ash trey strangely resembles a hollowed out cyborgs head*

Umm...i'd lend you the one i have...but umm...it's currently being used.

*puts out his cigarette on it.*

Classification: Threat

Cyborgs are classified as a threat right now by the Mercury Dragons. We have conducted an extended surveillance missions in the Perpetual Wastes lately. They are growing in numbers, though we have taken out quite some of them.

Not too long ago, they were threatening Sabulum but were defeated.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Though we at Airhawk Alliance are not affilliated with the CoA or Mercury Dragons, we too are using what we have available to remove the cyborgs from Tir country.

We are concerned that they are this far south and cannot let them remain in our more hospitable lands.
    Those in Perpetual Waste area, please be on the look out for a mangled bunch of borgs coming to that area, cause we are tryin to kick them out of Tir country and suspect that they may fall back to their superiors.
    Last edited by Garishna; Nov 14th, 2002 at 21:57:44.

Good work, Airhawk Alliance!

I'm happy to hear that there's others that are looking to eliminate one of the top threats on Rubi-Ka. Perhaps we can join forces one day to wipe them off the face of this planet, but right now I fear we can only weaken them so they don't grow any further. But that's already assuccess if we can prevent them from spreading.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Hmmm... the nr 1 treath on RK....

Cyborgs or Clans??....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast