Thread: are u fixing lag issues before the War's

are u fixing lag issues before the War's

the other day, a few (17) omni comrades and i decided to make som raids at 2h0 and 4holes, as there was reported to be clanners in the areas.

there was. And fighting went back and forth both sides suffering casualties (especially me as i had just hit lvl 75 and was a wwalking gank target :P )

but it became apparent how much lag there still is, when just a few ppl congregate in the same area.
    i imagine this will b a LOT! worse after Notum Wars is released where we will see multiple organizations fighting it out on a small patch of land. I imagine servercrashes and so on.

this was on the underpopulated RK2 i dont dare to think what it will b like on RK1.

just to mention i have a cable connection 1ghz cpu and a g-force3
    what about the less fortunate??

if it stays as it is i feel like it will b throwing money out the window, as the booster back will b as good as useless.

I dont think FC will admit to a lag problem. I belive it is "working as intended"
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Didn't Funcom post something about a Crowd Limiting System or do I somehow read the future. Well, I think its because they did post about it, and do expect the crowd limit system.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

They've also said that there's an improved rendering engine in 14.7, independent of Notum Wars. This has apparently been in the beta as well - but they're keeping REALLY quiet about it.

Hope we're in for a positive surprise this time...

Originally posted by Slapster
    They've also said that there's an improved rendering engine in 14.7, independent of Notum Wars. This has apparently been in the beta as well - but they're keeping REALLY quiet about it.
    Yep, I've been wondering about the graphics engine "enhancements" myself. I'm guessing that they are gonna simplify the engine so it renders much faster. Unfortunately I suspect it could be too simple:

• To see a beta of our new graphics engine which will render more people faster, just enter the GRID at any of the major cities!