Thread: Steps of Madness

Unhappy Steps of Madness

Does no-one go here anymore ??
    I finally think think that my char is more than capable enough of teaming successfully here (lvl 53 NT) - (First static dungeon you can try). I would love Neleb's cloak and the Dungeon experience

I've been there 3 times now at different times and its always empty
    (The grouping point is outside normally ??)

I even had a look in solo *lol* Th mob in the second cave with its HUGE amount of HP had me running screaming from the dungeon *lol*

Does anyone go here anymore ?

ScottyB

I love to go, but I dont have a clue where it is.

Where can I find it?

It's been my impression that people try to get groups together and then go out there... and that the main people hunting neleb are a bunch of guild teams that have like 3 members that are Lvls 120+ and 2 members that want the robe.

Yeah, the static dungeons are really just plain retarded. There's no way any team of the recomended level requirements could make it through (good or bad). The only time I've seen the SOM completed all the way through there were 40+ players (all 60+ in level) and it still took 30 minutes and many deaths for them to kill Neleb, something's not right there. Be thankful SOM isn't like the Longest Road mine dungeon, it's always so crowded with clvl 130+'s that the people it's actually made for (30-70) never get to loot anything or get any XP. There should be a level cap or something on entering the dungeon. I'm sick of it I tell ya.

I saw the Steps of Madness last night for the first time at lvl 47. I solo-killed the two guys (green/grey) in the entrance. I got decent loot. There's a room with spiders (green/grey) to the left. I killed all them and got decent loot. The next room's got some nasty healing flying thingys and a couple walking thingies. I got one walker alone and killed him. Got some decent loot. Couldn't kill one of the flying thingies I managed to get alone because he was a self healer. There some kind of mushroom thingy in a lava lake that emits radiation pulses. I killed him. Got decent loot (and INCREDIBLE nodrop 1HE with _radiation_ damage).

Neleb was orange and his buddies beat me to death. I do hear however that a Trader to drop his AC and an MP to mess with his casting capabilities turn him into a ***** cat. That's the idea behind a dungeon designed for a 'group'.

The point is, a group of 40-50 could take on this dungeon more efficiently than a single player at 47. Risk of death would be lower. There would be more than enough loot (I was destroying NODROPS like crazy). The loot would be appropriate for the intended level. I couldn't be twinked down. It's just about a perfect dungeon design.

Then there's the problem: four lvl130's and two lvl 32's romp through the dungeon and the lvl32's loot all the lvl130's kills. They need to either prevent the lvl130's from entering the dungeon or turn off 'loot: all' and only allow 'loot: alpha'. The latter would tick me off, since I'd like to head in with a group of 40-50 and make sure everyone gets what they need. I don't need gloves that add to 1HB.

It's a good design ruined by the players.